N-Europe

Isn't the reputation of Soundgarden and Rage always going to get in the way of Audioslave, though? They will always be compared to Rage and Soundgarden, and I think that people are always listening to their music and instantly comparing it to the band member's past successes. I think as soon as Audioslave's choons were unveiled, the first thing anyone did was compare them, rather than just look at the songs on their own. Show Me How To live, Your Time Has Come, Be Yourself, etc, are all great fucking choons in their own right.

It's a shame, really. When people listen to Rage, they listen to it as a standalone thing, I just wish Audioslave got the same treatment, but I guess it's impossible?

Heh, I would've probably said Nirvana, too. Although, maybe not that particular song. That MTV Unplugged session still sends shivers down my spine. About a girl and All Apologies are bluddy incredible songs.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Same here man, they were a pretty big fad during high school years, it got pretty annoying, but I do thing they're worthwhile. Flinkerton, yeah, I agree, the legacy of Soundgarden and Rage is always going to get in the way of Audioslave, but that's because Audioslave is the sum of it's members. You can hear the influences, and comparison is inevitable. I just don't think they hold up in comparison. No hard feelings though bro, I can see why you would like em. Better than Oasis any day of the week :heh:

Speaking of Soundgarden and Nirvana, man am I fucking hooked to Rock Band. I know it's pretty hypocritical of me to say that, but playing along with the drums to In Bloom and Black Hold Sun is fantastic. Discuss?

Same here man, they were a pretty big fad during high school years, it got pretty annoying, but I do thing they're worthwhile. Flinkerton, yeah, I agree, the legacy of Soundgarden and Rage is always going to get in the way of Audioslave, but that's because Audioslave is the sum of it's members. You can hear the influences, and comparison is inevitable. I just don't think they hold up in comparison. No hard feelings though bro, I can see why you would like em. Better than Oasis any day of the week :heh:

Speaking of Soundgarden and Nirvana, man am I fucking hooked to Rock Band. I know it's pretty hypocritical of me to say that, but playing along with the drums to In Bloom and Black Hold Sun is fantastic. Discuss?

For the Oasis insult, if we ever meet, I'm going to have to kill you, dead. :heh:

Expect a long drop off a very high cliff, onto your head, whilst you get headshotted in the head. Fothermucker.

I never, ever had you as the type of person who'd play Rock Band. :heh:

Dude, I refuse to believe you can't sing. Just look at the photos. That is the trachea of a GOD.

Also, I have these embarrassing spells where all I do is listen to metalcore like Still Remains and Trivium. And I have to say, it is fucking awesome.

I had a cold/acute laryngitus, and had the funniest singing voice ever. I considered recording a cover of a song, but then I could never replicate that voice (I've already basically got my normal voice back).

I hate my speaking AND singing voice.

Me and Dare of Dan are having a little debate about which is the better band to feature Chris Cornell. I say Audioslave, but he says Soundgarden.

There's just something about Audioslave. Completely in love with that band, plus I think Cornell's voice sounds more pure and perfected with them than he did with Soundgarden.

Audioslave never made Superunknown (the album and song). Therefore Soundgarden is always better.

Also, Temple of the Dog was a pretty good band Cornell was in, too. Lovely take on grunge there.

i don't understand McFly. For a manufactured band they seem to have lasted a suprisingly long time and still seems squeaky clean etc. Very odd.

I think it's 'cos they seem like genuinely nice guys, when you see them on shows and stuff. I saw them on a children's show and they were just so sweet with the kids.

I just wrote on essay for Modern Studies about the effects of music downloads on the industry. The topic was intended as a "omfg illegal bad bad bad" but I went the other way and argued that it was actually a beneficial thing :p

I have no problem with McFly, even though I don't like their stuff.

Scouting For Girls though...I fucking hate them so much!

Yes! I loathe them so much, I mean "Elvis ain't dead"? Fuck off! Everytime I hear them, I feel like I'm about to turn green and explode with anger - with half my trousers conviniently covering my crotch still.

Returning to the theme of bisexual songs (although I think 'I Kissed a Girl' isn't but thats regardless) just hear Hello Saferide's 'My Best Friend': http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=VJU1bbBC3g8

Nice little gentle tune, with the line "Damn, I wish I was a lesbian"

Nice song, but where are the songs that discuss male bisexuality rather than female? I was talking with a friend earlier, and it's like you can bet if the song "I Kissed a Guy" had been released it would have dissapeared without a trace.

Hah, I've heard that. If the "Boy" wasn't so obviously put in there it wouldn't be so bad. Plus to be fair, Perry sounds a little drag queenish anyways so there wasn't really a need to make it lower (Not that I'm saying this is a bad thing, I love her album).

But still, it's so annoying these days. Girl kissing a girl = Ooo it's a little naughty but acceptable. Boy kissing a boy = Not acceptable, laughable, wrong.

Thats because guys see a girl kissing a girl it's hot, whereas it's not the same for a girl seeing two guys kissing (afaik).

Well yes, I'd gathered that. But that's not the point, it shouldn't be any different. I've never understood why one of them is still considered so taboo whilst the other isn't paticularly anymore. I await the day for a "I Kissed a Boy" to be released, and for it to be succesful. But with the masses of homophobic chav types you get, it'll never happen.

The reason it's taboo is because of what I posted. There is a "market" if you like for the lesbian stuff, because guys enjoy it. So it has been around more often and had its effect softened. Whereas there isn't for two guys, so it's around less so it hasnt yet become acceptable. It's just the natural difference between guys and girls.

Same way anything like that occurs.