• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Rilo Kiley have some good material. Portions for Foxes is quality for starters. They're no Metric, mind.

I really like Rilo Kiley, although have only listened to Portions for Foxes. Listened to Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins? I adore 'Rabbit Fur Coat' (the song)

Metric I've only heard Poster of a Girl. Should check more of their stuff out.

Damn right, "Models" on "Chemistry" is one of the greatest pop songs ever written. It sounds a hell of a lot like Devo, which for a very mainstream girl group is unprecedented. "Chemistry" & "What Will The Neighbours Say?" are both brilliant pop albums, despite the few filler tracks that populate them.

I just listened to "Models". It's awesome! Thanks for the recommendation.

Has anyone read about the "outrage" over their new b-side "Hoxton Heroes" that takes the piss out of this sudden influx of "indie bands" and how it's unfair they get told they just look the same, and make crappy music, when infact all these "indie" bands are the ones that should be criticised.

It was "too contraversial" for the album, and NME were moaning about it.

I'm seeing Tegan and Sara on Friday!

*screams*

I WAS MARRIED IN THE SUN (tell me where, tell me where)

AGAINST THE STONE OF BUILDINGS BUILT BEFORE!

*Walks across the street, not looking to his right*

I love.

I'm really worried about Bjork though, it's like 4 hours to and back or something, and its on a Monday. So that's like 2 days off school...I think my art exam might be around tehre somewhere too...:shakehead

*feels the glass against his cheek and can see you in the light*

tbh only somebody truely deaf could not like at least 1 song by the beatles. It would appear to me that chairdriver sees the beatles as making cheesy love songs and singing cliche lyrics. He basically has that view from the medias over-portrayal of their mop-top early years.

please listen to Revolver, Rubber Soul, Abbey Road, The White Album, Magical Mystery Tour and Sgt Peppers, then accept that you have been converted.

the beatles have a very rich psychedelic sound (Lennon) and do dark story telling (Mccartney) at its very best.

Only way you could hate the beatles is to not be properly educated or informed on their music.

tbh only somebody truely deaf could not like at least 1 song by the beatles. It would appear to me that chairdriver sees the beatles as making cheesy love songs and singing cliche lyrics. He basically has that view from the medias over-portrayal of their mop-top early years.

please listen to Revolver, Rubber Soul, Abbey Road, The White Album, Magical Mystery Tour and Sgt Peppers, then accept that you have been converted.

the beatles have a very rich psychedelic sound (Lennon) and do dark story telling (Mccartney) at its very best.

Only way you could hate the beatles is to not be properly educated or informed on their music.

Come on, don't be such a pretentious bastard to the chairman, he's quite educated, musically, even if he does have quite a different taste from mine.

Where the hell did this come from?

I've never said once that I liked/disliked the Beatles, or even expressed an opinion on them.

Where the hell did this come from?

I've never said once that I liked/disliked the Beatles, or even expressed an opinion on them.

Ok, My bad man.

I was under the impression you didnt like them from reading Oxigens post. I kinda remembered somebody who didnt like them on here though - maybe it was somebody else. Paj something?

Even so, the point of my post remains. Most people do not like the beatles cos they over indulge in their sugar coated early music and not enough in the genius of the latter years. Or they rebel and hate them for the sake of it, prolli cos of over listening to them due to the likes of a parent?

Ok, My bad man.

I was under the impression you didnt like them from reading Oxigens post. I kinda remembered somebody who didnt like them on here though - maybe it was somebody else. Paj something?

Even so, the point of my post remains. Most people do not like the beatles cos they over indulge in their sugar coated early music and not enough in the genius of the latter years. Or they rebel and hate them for the sake of it, prolli cos of over listening to them due to the likes of a parent?

You know what I hate? People say The Beatles and instantly think about their first albums, wich, quite honestly, suck. Most beatle haters never really took the time to listen to Rubber Soul, Revolver, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, the self titled (white album) or Abbey Road. Those 5 albums are pure gold. :heart:

Seriously, I couldn't care less about Help and those other rubbish, Rubber Sould was their true first album, as far as I'm concerned.

I just realised that I can't stand Queen. I mean, seriously, Brian May is pretty great, but as a whole, they annoy the fuck out of me most of the time. I recognise their importance and all, and they have some genius moments, but they're far too overblown and Freddie Mercury has the shittiest singing voice ever. That is all.