• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

The Bravery are an awful attempt to rip off Joy Division.

Also: Scream bloody Gore, or Scavenger of Human Sorrow?

If it's album vs song, Scream Bloody Gore, if it's song vs song, Scavenger Of Human Sorrow.

the bravery sound nothing like joy division...

Listen to Honest Mistake. The singer sounds just like Ian.

Ok then, how about The Sound of Perseverance vs Scream Bloody Gore? :p. Man...Chucks version of Painkiller is so kickass. <3

Sound Of Preserverance. :heh:

Although if you ask me what their prime is... I'd have to say it's either Human, Individual Thought Patterns or Symbolic. Oh... and Leprosy's great too. Aww fuck it, they're all great. Long live the Chuck.

They have 4 albums, not 3. And then there's The Rescue EP. So I'd say you don't have a complete collection. :heh:

Anyway, yes, they are fantastic... and I'm enraged that I've never got to see them live... fucking shitty country.

I already owned their other album and the rescue ep. :p

but you're still comparing fairly light american electro rock to despair ridden, post punk from Manchester. thed tone's all different, the pace, feel and, lets be honest, quality, just aren't the same.

That's a given... I'm just saying, he emulated Ian quite well. He still sucks, though.

Two things - Why is Scouting For Girls self titled album number one in the charts? Both their songs are even more annoying than me. I want to go into a blind rage everytime I hear them.

Also, I just realised (though it's probably just me) that 'Voodo Child' sounds vaguely blondie like - and it's got me listening to their greatest hits. (Blondies)

Blondie are awesome. I'd recommend their most recent album, Curse Of Blondie.

It's not classic like their old stuff, but it's still pretty good. Deborah Harry's new album is disturbing however.

I bought "Never Said Goodbye" by Cerys Matthews and "If It Was You" by Tegan and Sara (which I already have by downloading, but I couldn't say no to £3, plus I love having the real CD case to hold).

I'm listening to Cerys Matthews for the first time, and all I can say at the moment is that its alot less rocky than Catatonia, and I've yet to determine whether or not that's a good thing...

but you're still comparing fairly light american electro rock to despair ridden, post punk from Manchester. thed tone's all different, the pace, feel and, lets be honest, quality, just aren't the same.

That, of course, was the whole point. The tone is different, but the Joy Division "influence" is still overbearing and it just sounded like a total ripoff to me, especially as what they were trying to do besides that wasn't particularly credible on it's own anyway.

So...you like Nevermore? I like Nevermore. Apart from the god appalling vocals.

Two things - Why is Scouting For Girls self titled album number one in the charts? Both their songs are even more annoying than me. I want to go into a blind rage everytime I hear them.

Because angsty teenage girls of low intelligence (of which there are many) seem to enjoy crap music.