N-Europe

All Pendulum have done is made Drum n Bass more well known, therefore introduced a lot of new faces to the scene. I can't see how thats a bad thing tbh. I do love their music and they are awesome live but without them i wouldnt listen to a lot of the other d'n'b i do now

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

I hate pendulum and what they have done to drum and bass, that is all.

Here, here!

All Pendulum have done is made Drum n Bass more well known, therefore introduced a lot of new faces to the scene. I can't see how thats a bad thing tbh. I do love their music and they are awesome live but without them i wouldnt listen to a lot of the other d'n'b i do now

+

Yeah I don't get the problem people have with Pendulum have either and don't anyone answer me with 'they're not proper drum n bass' without at least explaining why they are not and giving an example of what is.

To the both of you... what they've done was fuse a brilliant genre with corny "techno"-like foolery. The premisse of the genre is not "happy" driven, it's supposed to be something of a dance-type-soundscape... and the truth is, Pendulum is just plain old Breakbeat house music fused with some drum'n'bass elements.

It most absolutely is not true drum'n'bass, it's much more closer to something like Scooter than it is to Goldie, the master... If you want to know what true drum'n'bass sounds like, here's a suggestion:

It has some samples of songs, although no full songs are available

Well, almost none of these people will go to drum and bass clubs and support the scene in that way. Its good that you found more drum and bass to listen too and you could be one of the few exceptions to the rule. Unless your just listening to shy fx or someone equally annoying. Also everything oxigen said is correct.

Well, almost none of these people will go to drum and bass clubs and support the scene in that way. Its good that you found more drum and bass to listen too and you could be one of the few exceptions to the rule. Unless your just listening to shy fx or someone equally annoying. Also everything oxigen said is correct.

GTFI! : peace:

So... you hate them because they've created something a bit different that you don't like?

Wrong.

I dislike them because its BAD drum and bass. If you ask anyone who is into drum and bass they will tell you the same. If it was different and good, i would enjoy it, and this sort of thing isn't about opinion, its like EVERYONE knows and accepts aqua are BAD pop. Aqua is a very good example, like you can listen to them as a joke when you are drunk and have a laugh with it same with pendulum, but you wouldnt want to actually listen to it.

Oh and if anyone thinks live drum and bass is a new thing your wrong.

It's more Dance than Drum and bass. Close to bloody Cascada or some other shit you'd find on Cream Anthems.

drum and bass is electronic dance music

Oh and if anyone thinks live drum and bass is a new thing your wrong.

I know live drum and bass is not a new thing, im just saying that atleast they do their stuff live sometimes.

Here, here!

+

To the both of you... what they've done was fuse a brilliant genre with corny "techno"-like foolery. The premisse of the genre is not "happy" driven, it's supposed to be something of a dance-type-soundscape... and the truth is, Pendulum is just plain old Breakbeat house music fused with some drum'n'bass elements.

It most absolutely is not true drum'n'bass, it's much more closer to something like Scooter than it is to Goldie, the master... If you want to know what true drum'n'bass sounds like, here's a suggestion:

It has some samples of songs, although no full songs are available

Riiiight, so what you're saying is that Pendulum have taken a drum n bass and fused it with more ravey (?) type stuff and thus ruined it. I think I get you, still like them though :) Oh and nice band you posted there.

I don't know what category of DnB this goes under.

But i love Aphrodite

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=162913303

EDIT: Also, about Pendulum. They've gotten loads of scene pricks thinking they're DnB kids (not saying i am a DnB sorta guy, i'm not at all) but they all think they're drum b bass experts because they like Pendulum.

The amount of times i heard that Prodigy remix they did played on their phones ergh.

Also, Black Sun Empire are my new profile song, that's some fucking awesome shit.

I don't know what category of DnB this goes under.

But i love Aphrodite

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=162913303

EDIT: Also, about Pendulum. They've gotten loads of scene pricks thinking they're DnB kids (not saying i am a DnB sorta guy, i'm not at all) but they all think they're drum b bass experts because they like Pendulum.

The amount of times i heard that Prodigy remix they did played on their phones ergh.

Also, Black Sun Empire are my new profile song, that's some fucking awesome shit.

I saw Aphrodite at a club amazing mixing, and sick tunes.

I hate those kids man, if you talk about drum and bass to them there like do you like d n b and your like yeah who do you like, and there like pendulum and you like who else.. and there like uhm...pendulum.

I saw Aphrodite at a club amazing mixing, and sick tunes.

I hate those kids man, if you talk about drum and bass to them there like do you like d n b and your like yeah who do you like, and there like pendulum and you like who else.. and there like uhm...pendulum.

My mate who knows his drum and bass recommened them to me. I d/led something from them but i still don't have all the music off my old pc back.

And yeah, that's the kids.

Those same bastards are the reason i don't go to the skatepark anymore.

(the ones that don't even fucking skate)

I listen to all sorts, Adam F is a god, Aphrodite, DJ Hype is good too. My mate has got me into Dubstep too, liking that :)

But i listen to all sorts, from that stuff to Deftones to Dashboard Confessional to Deathcab for Cutie to Hadouken to bloody Take That lol

I listen to all sorts, Adam F is a god, Aphrodite, DJ Hype is good too. My mate has got me into Dubstep too, liking that :)

But i listen to all sorts, from that stuff to Deftones to Dashboard Confessional to Deathcab for Cutie to Hadouken to bloody Take That lol

Dubstep ftw.

If anyone can find the tune Metrosound by adam f and j majik I will love them long time

So... you hate them because they've created something a bit different that you don't like?

It's more like they corrupted the genre with an undesireable infection. Yeah, that sounds about right.

fyi, the second disc of in rainbows is certifiably out there, for those so inclined to, say, steal a free album.

I paid 20£ for the cd on their webiste. It's the only record ever for wich I've paid over 7£. Just for the strong principle that stands beneath it, I gave them 20£. Plus, the album is bloody amazing, too. :D