NEurope

I have not but the reviews are rave

Well that's promising I guess... depends which reviews though because some will be null and void by default, anyway not long now, a few weeks, they will soon pass and then everyone who wants to can listen to it and judge for themselves. :)

Exogenesis actually could be the greatest song ever, it is incredible. I just pray that preview doesn't hype it too much. USofE was a bit spoilt like that. Then again uprising was made better because the preview for that was poor.

I agree that Exogenesis is likely to be incredible, but I wouldn't go as far as speculating that it'll be the best song ever. I deffinitely think it'll be one of Muse's best though, I have no doubts about that! It's actually the only song I haven't listened to in the previews, as I really don't want to spoil that track for myself.

I have not but the reviews are rave

Are there actual reviews out now then? Or are they just the track-by-track analysis articles?

Edited by CoolFunkMan

I agree that Exogenesis is likely to be incredible, but I wouldn't go as far as speculating that it'll be the best song ever. I deffinitely think it'll be one of Muse's best though, I have no doubts about that! It's actually the only song I haven't listened to in the previews, as I really don't want to spoil that track for myself.

Are there actual reviews out now then? Or are they just the track-by-track analysis articles?

Those previews do not spoil a twelve minute track trust me

Hunter is my favourite Bjork song (All Is Full Of Love is the best).

Hmm there is one collab song from her that I have a feeling you would like Villan, I heard it for the first time today and I loved it, it's Peej + Thom Yorke - from Radiohead - singing the track This Mess We're In seriously, please give it a listen.

-------------------------------

And of course from the same album I loved We Float...

Two of my favourite songs ever. They, and One Line, make SFTC,SFTS for me.

If you're really contemplating possibly getting into her GP then I'd advise starting off with Dry - her first album - as it really is amazing, you might listen to some of the tracks first off and think "wow... this is... weird..." I know I did :heh: but on reflection and further listens it's just brilliant and I'm really glad I decided to give her a chance. :smile:

Dry should be remembered as one of the best albums of the early 90s.

I love how it opens with Oh My Lover. The first note just sounds like she's so weary of her lover's treachery.

While listening to Amy Winehouse' excellent first album, Frank, and playing Pokemon, I misheard a lyric as,

Lent you ... my new Budew.

I loved. sf_33_budew.jpg

It would seem that I am the Hunter...

...of Bjork CD's that is :heh: I decided to track down what I could and atm I have bids on...

Restraint 9

Selmasongs

Vespertine

Medulla

Volta

And I've just bought...

Debut - as previously mentioned

Telegram

Homogenic

Plus... - Paj might need to sit down for this one -

Bjork

38753.jpg

Easily the hardest to track down, seemingly overlooked as it was released in 1977 way before she became properly acclaimed but officially it's her first album, I look forward to listening to it at any rate. :)

It would seem that I am the Hunter...

...of Bjork CD's that is :heh: I decided to track down what I could and atm I have bids on...

Restraint 9

Selmasongs

Vespertine

Medulla

Volta

And I've just bought...

Debut - as previously mentioned

Telegram

Homogenic

Plus... - Paj might need to sit down for this one -

Bjork

38753.jpg

Easily the hardest to track down, seemingly overlooked as it was released in 1977 way before she became properly acclaimed but officially it's her first album, I look forward to listening to it at any rate. :)

Haha! Have fun with Bjork, even I don't have that...she was 11 when that came out!

Drawing Restraint 9 is the soundtrack to her husband/partner Mathew Barney's film of the same name. It's not exactly settled listening, but as a compositional piece, it's interesting, with some great tracks like Storm.

Selmasongs is nice, but you might find it peculiar. I advise you watch Dancer In The Dark before listening, or at least try and watch it around the same time.

But still...how much is Bjork costing you?! :o

I feel like a mother whose child has just fulfilled all the dreams they missed out on.

---

In other news, Temporary Pleasure by Simian Mobile Disco is LOVELY to listen to. I remembered listening to 10,000 Horses Can't be Wrong on someone (Dan?)'s recommendation here, and it was better a second time. Noticed lots of famous voices, Alexis Taylor, Beth Ditto and fucking Telepathe?!

---

Got a lot of music today, not sure why. Bought Cat People (Putting Out The Fire) Single Mix by David Bowie, after it was used so stunningly in Inglourious Basterds and I Begin To Wonder by Dannii Minogue, after remembering how brilliant it was.

Edited by Paj!

Haha! Have fun with Bjork, even I don't have that...she was 11 when that came out!

Drawing Restraint 9 is the soundtrack to her husband/partner Mathew Barney's film of the same name. It's not exactly settled listening, but as a compositional piece, it's interesting, with some great tracks like Storm.

Selmasongs is nice, but you might find it peculiar. I advise you watch Dancer In The Dark before listening, or at least try and watch it around the same time.

But still...how much is Bjork costing you?! :o

I feel like a mother whose child has just fulfilled all the dreams they missed out on.

That's why I thought it would be an interesting album to get hold of, it was one of those albums that I found out existed and then made it my mission to seek out, as for the price, I don't really want to say... :heh: but lets just say that the other albums that I've bid on / ones that I've bought have only cost me between £2 - £3 ish each - one was even about £1.70ish I think :o - so it balances out somewhat.

I wanted to get the soundtrack albums as well because they seemed interesting plus they seem good for the price I'm hoping to get them for... so we shall see anyway. :)

In other news, Temporary Pleasure by Simian Mobile Disco is LOVELY to listen to. I remembered listening to 10,000 Horses Can't be Wrong on someone (Dan?)'s recommendation here, and it was better a second time. Noticed lots of famous voices, Alexis Taylor, Beth Ditto and fucking Telepathe?!

This... I listened to it properly today and I liked it a lot, some further listening is required but the singles are particularly strong and the collab's are really pretty damn good.

That's why I thought it would be an interesting album to get hold of, it was one of those albums that I found out existed and then made it my mission to seek out, as for the price, I don't really want to say... :heh: but lets just say that the other albums that I've bid on / ones that I've bought have only cost me between £2 - £3 ish each - one was even about £1.70ish I think :o - so it balances out somewhat.

I wanted to get the soundtrack albums as well because they seemed interesting plus they seem good for the price I'm hoping to get them for... so we shall see anyway. :)

It's all fine and nice to have all of Bjork's solo stuff, but what about all 3 Sugarcubes albums, her album as a member of goth-rockers KUKL, or as a member of Tappi Tíkarrass? ;)

It's all fine and nice to have all of Bjork's solo stuff, but what about all 3 Sugarcubes albums, her album as a member of goth-rockers KUKL, or as a member of Tappi Tíkarrass? ;)

I saw those when looking up her discography and all I have to say on that matter for now is... we shall see. :heh:

Besides, I now have more than enough to listen to at current... I'm still working my way through Peej and I have Uh Huh Her, White Chalk and A woman A Man Walked By to go, plus... I've just discovered the thirteenth track on Stories From the City / Sea that I somehow missed when it was playing on my iPod :o *listening now* liking it a lot.

Ugh. Youtube have removed all the official Bjork videos. I'm in such a mood to watch Violently Happy.

EDIT: This here link is to one of my favourite videos ever.

It's just incredibly moving. Yes, that is someone giving someone else a blowjob. Yes those are breasts. But it's so beautiful.

Edited by Paj!

Ugh. Youtube have removed all the official Bjork videos. I'm in such a mood to watch Violently Happy.

It's here...

http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/category/music/watch/v18905594RrPNQ5N3

there is a slightly annoying 10 second pre-load before the video and a pop-up but the video appears to be there, enjoy. :)

EDIT: This here link is to one of my favourite videos ever.

It's just incredibly moving. Yes, that is someone giving someone else a blowjob. Yes those are breasts. But it's so beautiful.

That is actually a brilliant video... it's not even that explicit really because most of it is cleverly concealed but nonetheless, captivating to both see and hear.

Jordin Sparks "Battlefield" just came on shuffle, and it again made me realise just how wierd it was that it became nowhere near as big a hit as it should have done. It's such an epic sounding song, and blows other supposedly epic love songs like Bleeding Love and Halo out of the water. It's just...huge sounding, for lack of a better term to use.

Here new song, which sounds like it's been pulled kicking and screaming out of the 80's before being overly produced to try and cover that fact up (samples some song from back then, I think), confuses me. With the lyrics "Is that your boyfriend dancing with that girl on the floor? We've gotta dance now, time to show our weapons of choice" before bursting into the chorus with "Let the music play he won't get away, just get the groove and he'll come back to you again".

Erm, why would you want your boyfriend to come back to you after that? Surely it sends the message that men can do as they please because hey, woman are desperate enough to still want them.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio
Edited by Slaggis

Three guesses for who I listened to today...Uh huh her...Peej that is :heh: another really lovely album, starts off in a delightfully dark manner and then seems to get a little lighter towards the end with some interesting intermissions along the way, very enjoyable anyway. :)

Also just found out that I won Selmasongs and Vespertine for 86p and 99p respectively! :o needless to say I was pleased.

Went to see New Found Glory vs. International Super Heroes of Hardcore last night at the Highbury Garage. The venue was awesome, I know they'd done it up (think Platty mentioned it in this thread actually) but I didn't expect it to be that nice inside. Most gig venues in London have thier charm but are essentially shit holes. This place wasn't, top marks on that. Fuck all marks for having to end the show early because some curfew thing at 10:30..

So I was at my grans earlier and I discovered one of my uncles box of CD's that he'd left there - he's / used to be a DJ - a lot of it didn't interest me and there were some albums in there I already had but anyway out of the two boxes that were there I found Little Earthquakes by Tori Amos and Martha Wainwright self titled album, so I got those copied and will no doubt listen to them soon. :)

Was just cool because I wasn't expecting to find anything in there that I wanted, he also had a Radiohead album and even one by Peej but I already have those, was nice to see though.

Also got to listen to White Chalk by Peej on the way there / back which I loved, only her most recent album to go now. :D

S.C.G, you're my favourite person. You're just great.

---

Audacity of Huge by Simian Mobile Disco has grown on me hugely.

Albums I've listened to today:

Mary Ann Meets The Gravediggers - Regina Spektor

Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes

Never Said Goodbye - Cerys Matthews

Fever To Tell - YeahYeahYeahs

Midnight Boom - The Kills

5 great albums. I love Never Said Goodbye, so much.

S.C.G, you're my favourite person. You're just great.

---

Audacity of Huge by Simian Mobile Disco has grown on me hugely.

Likewise Paj... ;)

I finished listening to Martha Wainwright which I really quite liked, it seemed like a rather calm sounding album overall until halfway through there it is... Bloody Mother F***ing A**hole a track which I loved as it gives the album a much needed boost partway through.

I'm currently listening to Little Earthquakes by Tori Amos which I'm enjoying a lot, listening to Precious Things as I attempt to type this... just really awesome.

Regarding SMD... they are growing on me as well, I've listened to Temporary Pleasure a few times now and I really like it, the same with Attack Decay Sustain Release except I need to listen to the latter a bit more.

Also, I've just won two more Bjork CD's... Volta and Medulla for £2.50 and £2.57 respectively, safe to say its been a good day. :D

What do people think of the new Greenday album ?( well I say new but its been out there for ages and I've only just recently heard it ). Personally I like it ! I prefer it to their old stuff. Especially this song :

I love 60s music.

I must admit, some of it is still pretty damn nice to listen to but equally a lot of it can grate if you've heard the song on the radio 'xxxxx' amount of times...

But stuff like the Beatles I think can be easily appreciated.

Radio One haven't playlisted Madonna's new single, so it seems to be causing quite a stir amongst fans. Don't see why it hasn't been playlisted, and then I don't see why people seem to be making such a huge deal about it. Surely a song can be a big hit without being on Radio One? Anyway, I really like the track. It's just "unapologetically dance-y", I don't think it's trying to be anything else. It demands to be danced to, and for a song that's supposedly meant to celebrate her career, what more would you want?

Edited by Slaggis