N-Europe

Three CD's arrived in the post today... Statues by Moloko, Boys for Pele by Tori Amos and Love,Angel,Music,Baby by Gwen Stefani.

I'm currently listening to Moloko and I'm enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would at first. :)

BFP and LAMB are two of my favourite albums. Obviously BFP is like...my second or third favourite ever, and LAMB isn't anywhere near there, but it's a brilliant pop album.

Yay for the Moloko! It's a great album.

I just got Ruby Blue by Roisin Murphy, on a similar note.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

I've never outwardly been that big a fan of the Foo fighters. I kind of just dipped in and out but I just started listening to them yet again and they are fucking amazing.

I remember seeing them live and they blew my mind.

I think it was 'Times Like These' that hooked me.

'The Pretender' is probably my favorite.

...I think. I keep changing my mind. :heh:

I remember after I saw them live at Reading 2005, the first thing I did when I got home was order all their albums.

Express Yourself, Don't Repress Yourself! Did I say something wrong?

Oops!

I didn't know I coudn't talk about sex...

--

I'm loving everything about Madonna's Bedtime Stories album.

I love the live video of her and Britney performing it too.

"I'm not sorry! FUCK YOU! I'm not sorry! FUCK YOU MORE! I'm not your bitch! She's not your bitch! IT'S BRITNEY BITCH!"

For me, Everlong was the hook, but then I listened to all of The Colour and the Shape and was just awestruck by the whole album, especially 'My Hero'.

That was all back in 2000, and the rest is history.

There is an amazing acoustic version of 'My Hero', but I can't remember where I heard it... :hmm:

The resistance is upon us, and you know what it might actually live up to the hype

Aside from blind Muse fanboyism all I've heard is cynical negativism...so perhaps it can live up to that.

They've not done anything good since Feelign Good :heh:

Recent Listening Experiences To Albums I'd Never heard Before

Foo Fighters - The Colour and The Shape

It was decent, but unmemorable. Nothing particularly wrong with it, but a bit monotonous. But it had more energy and less banality than I expected. Not quite sure why everyone is bumming Everlong though, very forgettable compared to a lot of the other songs. Obviously deserves another run-through though.

Roisin Murphy - Ruby Blue

Love Roisin and Moloko, been meaning to get a hold of this for ages, only ever had Overpowered by her. Very different to that, lots of strange concoctions of jazz beats and tribal melodies, trumpets, piano, drums. Produced by someone I remember being great and I that I know of, but can't recall now. Awesome.

Imogen Heap - Ellipse

Her previou album seemed to be loved by everyone, and while nice, it SOUNDED like it was all made/mastered on her laptop. Which it was. This one is more of the same but a bit more refined. Nice, some great songs like First Train Home, and upbeat ones she's not done much of before like Bad Bodydouble.

Simian Mobile Disco - Temporary Pleasure

Really good. Lots of collabs with familar voices like Alexia Taylor (hot Chip) and Beth Ditto, but all good. Faves atm are probs 10000 Horses Can't Be Wrong, Ambulance and Audacity of Huge.

Edited by Paj!

She does about 22-24 songs a night. So...

Bear in mind both Yes, Anastacia and The Waitress would be 10 minutes long.

And I prefer conciseness.

Datura would be interesting. Seeing if she can recall the names of a thousand species of flower over a crazy electronic beat.

Yeah, and to be fair she could just sing-shout random words and it would still sound brilliant.

Bear in mind both Yes, Anastacia and The Waitress would be 10 minutes long.

And I prefer conciseness.

Yeah, and to be fair she could just sing-shout random words and it would still sound brilliant.

She's never done Datura live, so you'd be lucky. I need her to do Sugar, Riot Poof and perhaps God. Then I can die happy.

I'm so interested in hearing what SCG thought of Boys For Pele. It's probably my favourite album ever. So incredible.

Recent Listening Experiences To Albums I'd Never heard Before

Foo Fighters - The Colour and The Shape

It was decent, but unmemorable. Nothing particularly wrong with it, but a bit monotonous. But it had more energy and less banality than I expected. Not quite sure why everyone is bumming Everlong though, very forgettable compared to a lot of the other songs. Obviously deserves another run-through though.

You don't play the guitar, do you?

You have no idea just how fun that song is to play on guitar. You. Just. DON'T!

So, you have no idea how fun the song is to play on guitar and therefore you wouldn't enjoy the damn song as much! Your ex-instrument playing brain just could not comprehend anything about it whatsoever. Gah, you just don't understand it. You just don't. You don't. You don't. You don't. And! You! Never! Will! UNDERSTAND! :mad::awesome::mad::awesome::mad::awesome::indeed:

Ah, goddammit, now I'm all angry. Stop making me angry.

I need to sit down...FUCK, I already am sitting down!