NEurope

Razz just sent me "Strong Black Vine" (Tori) and I love it so damn much. Really need to start checking out more of her stuff. Really like "Raspberry Swirl" and "Cruel" too. The "Welcome To England" which I said I had a liking for way back.

Edited by Slaggis

Razz just sent me "Strong Black Vine" (Tori) and I love it so damn much. Really need to start checking out more of her stuff.

I think I'll always love her and stuff, but it's like the spark she had is just...gone. I'm seeing her live soon, so we'll see, but at least on album, the quality just shot down. It's entertaining for a while, but the first 7 albums are incredible. What she's famous for.

Now it's like...her voice is a shadow of it's former self, her lyrics not particularly interesting, instead sounding random, rather than poetic, and everything coated in overproduction.

It's just sad.

Boys For Pele (1996) is like nothing else I've ever heard. Absolutely incredible achievement, grown from talent, loss and god knows what else.

Now it's like she's run out of steam. Sure some songs off her last 3 albums are nice, but it's all relative.

[/overlong rant]

EDIT: Haggis, I think you'd like...From The Choirgirl Hotel, To Venus And Back and probably Little Earthquakes (everyone likes that). (those albums are from the first 7)

She's no longer what she was.

Edited by Paj!

I think I'll always love her and stuff, but it's like the spark she had is just...gone. I'm seeing her live soon, so we'll see, but at least on album, the quality just shot down. It's entertaining for a while, but the first 7 albums are incredible. What she's famous for.

Now it's like...her voice is a shadow of it's former self, her lyrics not particularly interesting, instead sounding random, rather than poetic, and everything coated in overproduction.

It's just sad.

Boys For Pele (1996) is like nothing else I've ever heard. Absolutely incredible achievement, grown from talent, loss and god knows what else.

Now it's like she's run out of steam. Sure some songs off her last 3 albums are nice, but it's all relative.

[/overlong rant]

EDIT: Haggis, I think you'd like...From The Choirgirl Hotel, To Venus And Back and probably Little Earthquakes (everyone likes that). (those albums are from the first 7)

You really haven't seen any videos or heard any bootlegs from this tour then, obviously.

A few. I've not been following it religiously as I'm seeing her and didn't want to be "spoiled".

I'll do that now. To be honest, I have about 6 months of being obsessed with her music, then 6 months break. I'm on the break at the moment. I think I overdid it with the Legs & Boots too.

My avatar is a pic of me.

Don't take it the wrong way, I just thought it was one of those Hell Yeah Motherfucker pics from 4chan.

Temporary Pleasure get! really love the ltd ed tin :) gonna commence listening as soon as I can aquire the damn track info... >.> anyway... looking forward to it.

I wish I could afford it. Alas, my funds are consumed by my plans to see Tarantino's latest.

I wish I could afford it. Alas, my funds are consumed by my plans to see Tarantino's latest.

Ah that sucks :( still if you do have the funds for it soon, I'd definitely get the tin version as it's only £1 more atm for the case, some nice artwork and of course the second disc.

Thanks for recommending it btw :) will give it a proper listen in a sec hopefully, on a sidenote I want to see Tarantino's latest film as well, hope it lives up to expectations.

1. Flea In Your Ear

2. Are You In The Picture?

3. Babaghanoush

4. Do Not Exceed Stated Dose

: peace:

I love Taylor Swifts "Pictures To Burn" so damn much. I love how it obviously doesn't take itself at all seriously, which is a refreshing change. Though, I hate how they "censored" it, and changed the "So go and tell your friends that I'm obessive and crazy, that's fine, I'll tell mine you're gay, and by the way...I HATE THAT STUPID OLD PICKUP TRUCK YOU NEVER LET ME DRIVE!". It added to the underlying sillyness of the song.

I'm loving a fair bit of her stuff lately, more so the newer album though. White Horse is quite relaxing, which is odd given it's subject.

Don't take it the wrong way, I just thought it was one of those Hell Yeah Motherfucker pics from 4chan.

No worries, lol! xD Never seen those pics tbh...

Don't be fooled by the rocks that I got

I'm still

I'm still

Love my life and my public

Put God first and can't forget to

STAY REAL

Play.com CD sale, had a browse and got...

Under The Pink - Tori Amos £2.90 (PT)

Do You Like My Tight Sweater - Moloko £2.21 (PT)

Debut - Bjork £2.20 (PT)

Boys For Pele - Tori Amos £2.70 (PT)

Love, Angel, Music, Baby - Gwen Stefani £2.99

H.A.A.R.P: Live At Wembley 2007 (CD & DVD) - Muse £4.99

Gotta love Play-Trade, there are some bargains to be had if you're willing to sift through what's there. :)

Play.com CD sale, had a browse and got...

Under The Pink - Tori Amos £2.90 (PT)

Do You Like My Tight Sweater - Moloko £2.21 (PT)

Debut - Bjork £2.20 (PT)

Boys For Pele - Tori Amos £2.70 (PT)

Love, Angel, Music, Baby - Gwen Stefani £2.99

10yzwba.jpg

I take it that you approve - mostly- of my purchases then Paj? :heh:

I must admit I was quite pleased with how little I managed to get them for. :)

Muse the resistance preview- WOW WOW WOW so great and so shit at the same time

Oh my Stuwii, even your unflagging love for Muse is flagging?

Oh my Stuwii, even your unflagging love for Muse is flagging?

For two songs

Don't get me wrong... I'm still looking forward to purchasing Muse' latest album and getting what enjoyment I can out of it but my enthusiasm levels for it have dropped drastically, besides I have loads of other different artists that I'm into / am getting into atm - Kate Bush, P.J Harvey, SMD etc - that I'm not that fussed, what I'm basically saying is...

'There is more to life than Muse!'

And I say that as a huge fan of their work, I've listened to them more than enough over the past few years and it's more than a little dissapointing to see them go from an original band with a decent debut to stunning sophomore through to middle-ground middle album then managable mainstrem and now they seem to be excessively experimental and not necessarilly in a good way.

I would love nothing more than to be proven wrong, for the album to have at least half of it be amazing and the second-half passable, I would be ok even with that at this point but I can't help but think that it will be dissapointing and I can only hope that after this they take about half a decade away from recording new material to step back and reassess their music... it would be for the best if they are to stand any chance of ever returning to form.

Edited by S.C.G