NEurope

I'm listening to mum's old vinyls. Autoamerican by Blondie at the moment.

It's quite good, from first listen.

I quite like Autoamerican. Blondie's albums are all pretty good listens, but more often than not, people only ever hear Best ofs.

Kid A > OK Computer > In Rainbows > The Bends > Amnesiac > Pablo Honey

Radiohead have never been better! The Bends is pretty awesome, granted, but really they've only ever moved forwards. In Rainbows is their best album.

You're right. Expect I think you mistyped In Rainbows. I think you meant Kid A. You just slipped and wrote something completely different and that gave it a whole other meaning.

Where as this man has it perfectly right.

Can we marry?

I think Kid A, OK Computer and In Rainbows are all as good as each other. The Bends is just below, becuase it's not as interesting or brave.

The Bends is a blinding second album. Easily one of the best rock albums of its day etc etc. They've moved on though.

I think I agree with Paj in that Kid A, OK Computer and In Rainbows are all as good as each other. The great thing about Radiohead is that, unlike most bands, they're clearly such talented musicians that one style is never going to fit them for a particularly long time. OK Computer, HTTT and In Rainbows are all 'rock' albums but conceptually, thematically, structurally and aurally they're so vastly different. Kid A and Amnesiac on the other hand are wildly experimental electronic madness from a band on the peak of their creative bent.

That's why they're the best modern rock band in the world, and why trying to rank their albums in some kind of order is an extreme exercise in futility. I just listen to whatever I'm in the mood for, really. Depending on the timing, any of their albums could be their 'best'

What he said. Each album feels like a real move into a different sound, but it's neither forced or...necessary. It just feels natural. I like all the albums I have. (all the "good" ones axcept Amnesiac)

I'd change on that a little bit.

Kid A = OK Computer > In Rainbows > The Bends > Amnesiac > Hail To The Thief.

Pablo honey? Yeah right, that's got to be one of the worst CDs I've ever heard.

Message to Haggis, Cobra Starship's new album is "out now".

I gave it a listen since the cover was so appealing but it's not really my thing. I like the title track for it's use of 'Hot Mess".

I'd change on that a little bit.

Hail To The Thief > Kid A = OK Computer > In Rainbows > The Bends > Amnesiac

Pablo honey? Yeah right, that's got to be one of the worst CDs I've ever heard.

Fixed.

See them live before dismissing HTTT. If you already have, then poo on you.

Message to Haggis, Cobra Starship's new album is "out now".

I gave it a listen since the cover was so appealing but it's not really my thing. I like the title track for it's use of 'Hot Mess".

Ooo, thanks for the heads up. Totally forgot it was coming out soon! I still love Good Girls Go Bad to death, so can't wait to hear the rest.

I'm totally and utterly addicted to Loba now. Cannot get myself to turn it off, and have to play it at least three times everytime it comes on. Her voice just makes me want to tear my clothes off.

Hmm so this is odd... ok so I finally decided to get Florence and the Machine, put it on to rip and Windows Media player seems to think it's Quicken the Heart >.> I played it to check and it is Florence but the track listing seems to have confused itself or something, but then it is one of those annoying CD's that loads up videos instead of going straight to rip :indeed: meh guess I'll have to re-tag it and then re-rip Maximo Park some other time, just a really odd thing to happen though...

Fixed.

See them live before dismissing HTTT. If you already have, then poo on you.

I love HTTT. I love all their albums (except Pablo, obviously). It's just my least favourite. :heh:

I love all their albums too but I don't think Pablo ever really 'clicked' with me, though I do like 'Creep' but alas a single song doth not an album make...

Doesn't everyone hate Pablo Honey? I've never given it a listen, and I think I've heard Creep a grand total of once in my life.

I actually quite like Pablo Honey. So bollocks to the lot of you! :mad:

Least fav. Radiohead album, mind. But then, I do really really like Radiohead. Y'see?

I actually quite like Pablo Honey. So bollocks to the lot of you! :mad:

Least fav. Radiohead album, mind. But then, I do really really like Radiohead. Y'see?

I like Pablo Honey as well. :)

It's taking me a while to warm to Cobra Starships new album, but I'm absolutely loving their next single, "Hot Mess". It's already 13 on US iTunes (With Good Girls Go Bad being at 7 on the billboard charts at the moment) so it looks like they've finally managed to gain the attention of the mainstream music buyers. Such a catchy chorus, and I love the use of the phrase "Hot Mess".

--

I've fallen in love with some of Taylor Swifts tracks. "White Horse", Pictures To Burn", "Teardrops On My Guitar" and especially "You Belong With Me" and "Love Story". Love Story is so freaking amazing, cannot believe I tried so hard to resist liking it. It's just so damn sweet. I love the bit near the end where she sings "..But I got tired of waiting, wondering if you were ever coming around...".

Oooooh new Cobra Starship album. Awesome!

Though, having heard "Hot Mess" about a month ago I wasn't a fan of the song at all unlike Good Girls Go Bad, so my enthusiasm for the album has died a little bit. I'm gonna give it a go regardless, though.

Oooooh new Cobra Starship album. Awesome!

Though, having heard "Hot Mess" about a month ago I wasn't a fan of the song at all unlike Good Girls Go Bad, so my enthusiasm for the album has died a little bit. I'm gonna give it a go regardless, though.

I heard it around about that time too, and had the same feelings. But play a HQ version loudly on a good set of speakers, and your opinion should change. "Wet Hot American Summer", "Nice Guys Finish Last", "Living In The Sky With Diamonds" and "Move Like Your Gonna Die" are pretty great tracks too. I'm just utterly desperate to see them peform Good Girls Go Bad live with Leighton. So annoying she's stuck filming Gossip Girl at the moment.

Was going to post this in the news thread but seems somewhat more relevent here;

Les Paul has died. Had such a huge impact upon the music industry; inventor of electric guitar and multi-tracking.

People who saw him play said he played like someone 50 years younger than him. It wouldn't surprise me. He must have been an absolute legend of a guitarist.

RIP Les Paul.

Ah shit. On the day that I (kinda) started learning guitar as well.

At least his name will live on forever, basically.

Wow. I thought he had already gone but damn. Big loss to the music industry that he basically helped shape to what it is. Got an original Gibson Les Paul in the house so his legacy will live on there.