NEurope

Lungs by Florence + The Machine is so good. I'm so surprised.

Rabbit Heart is proper brilliant.

I was quite taken back by its quality as well, Rabbit Heart is indeed excellent as is Howl, Between Two Lungs, My Boy Builds Coffins, Blinding and of course Drumming Song...

Those are the main standout tracks for me atm but it really is a lovely album indeed. :)

RAISE IT UP!

RAISE IT UP!

that is all.

I don't know why, but I love:

"And in the spring, I shed my skin, and it blows away in the changing winds."

Sup Y'all.

So, like. Stop what you're doing and get Temporary Pleasure by Simian Mobile Disco. It's almost certainly better than whatever you have on now.

Lungs by Florence + The Machine is so good. I'm so surprised.

Rabbit Heart is proper brilliant.

...A kiss with a fist is better than noooone. I adore that, Drumming song and Rabbit Heart.

I was quite taken back by its quality as well, Rabbit Heart is indeed excellent as is Howl, Between Two Lungs, My Boy Builds Coffins, Blinding and of course Drumming Song...

Those are the main standout tracks for me atm but it really is a lovely album indeed. :)

And I love how all the songs sound similar, but really different (apart from Kiss With A Fist, whose presence ruins the album).

Sup Y'all.

So, like. Stop what you're doing and get Temporary Pleasure by Simian Mobile Disco. It's almost certainly better than whatever you have on now.

I'm on my way to get it! :grin:

Well I'm off to my friends house anyway and he has it so I'mma stick that on my Ipod! nicenicenice!

Sup Y'all.

I'm listening to this at the moment:

I love how its so chilled out, and the lyrics.

"I believe in you; In your honesty and your eyes, even when I'm sloshing in the muck of my demise."

And I love how all the songs sound similar, but really different (apart from Kiss With A Fist, whose presence ruins the album).

True... but if it helps I think of 'Kiss With a Fist' as the 'interlude' :p being as it's only a couple of minutes long... that way it doesn't ruin the album, for me at least, plus I quite like it because it's simple and unambitious whereas the rest of the album is the opposite.

I can see why you'd feel that it ruins the album but it doesn't really, just think 'interlude' when it comes on and all will be well. :)

Sup Y'all.

Normally this could/would be true, but I've got Dry by PJ Harvey on. In whose wake all else shrivels.

Sup Y'all.

I don't know if I'd call it better as I haven't listened to it yet but I will certainly give them a chance and get back to you once I've sampled them properly. :)

Normally this could/would be true, but I've got Dry by PJ Harvey on. In whose wake all else shrivels.

Now that I can't argue with, because after recently listening to Dry the album left me feeling anything but the very title... a well-crafted album indeed.

Edited by S.C.G
Automerged Doublepost

Slaggis, I gave that Ashlee Simpson album a listen, remembering I loved her first single whenever it came out (years ago).

It was awful. I don't think she actually sings. She sort of drawls through the songs. I mean, I knew I hated Outta My Head, possibly worst song of 2008, but she sounds like a drunk trying to impersonate Avril Lavigne's No Doubt obsessed evil twin.

On the plus side, Rule Breaker made me lol. "I BREAK THE ROOLZ! I'VE GOT A TATTOO!"

I am being too harsh, she tries to be interesting, at least.

EDIT: It's awfulness did remind me how much I used to love L.O.V.E, Pieces of Me and La La.

Edited by Paj!

That was pretty awesome, I'll check it out properly when the CD arrives - yes I ordered eet :heh: - I have a weakness for anything that has decent Electronica in it and after listening to a few tracks by them, they definitely seem to tick that box.

Its alright I suppose.. gave it a chance, guess its not my thing. I liked the way it was building up but I wanted a sort of club ending; noises blaring like a giant climax.

Its alright I suppose.. gave it a chance, guess its not my thing. I liked the way it was building up but I wanted a sort of club ending; noises blaring like a giant climax.

It's a slightly different vibe than that though- as the name suggests it's about ket so it kinda mimics a trip on that. All ebbs and flows and minor highs.

Audacity of Huge, their latest single, is more of a club track. Ambulance, too, is disgustingly phat :p

See when you mention it to be like that, I can understand how you infer that from the music. But that isn't what I'd say I'd enjoy listening to. I'll give your recommendations a go though.

That was lovely. I found it to be satisfying without a big fancy climax.

---

6183d602f36e714e_Yorn-Scarljo.xlarge.jpg

Pete Yorn and Scarlett Johansson's album is out next month, here's a full song from it. VERY different to her solo album of Tom Wait's stuff, that divided people down the middle. This is a more upbeat, and shows off her voice more/better. No YT link, but this takes you to the streamable version; http://www.popsugar.com/3194790

Several things.

1) ScaJo can sing?

2) She's doing an album with Pete Yorn??

3) Yay Pete Yorn

4) *listens to song*

5) ....disregard number 1.

Ooh I like that Scarlett Johanson song! :)

In other news Simian Moblie Disco's new album is every bit exciting as I hoped it would be! :grin: I listened to the whole thing on the way back from my friends house. Each song manages to shine without overshadowing one another.

Also listened to Glasvegas again. They don't sound as scottish as remember and their voices no longer annoy me.

DILEMMA THAT NEEDS HELP

Basically, last night, I delved into more Roisin Murphy. For the impure, Roisin Murphy is the quirky and ever-interesting voice behind Moloko. I have her last album, which is fucking brilliant electro-dance-pop. Real classy stuff. I kept meaning to get her first solo album, but it's always really expensive blah blah.

So I realised I hadn't given Moloko much a go outside the single EVERYONE knows. I was stunned. Forever More left me moist, and I decided I need Statues. However, this is the dilemma. I way prefer buying CD's that buying digitally, even though I 85% will never put the CD on a Cd player, I just prefer having the material item. However, from Play (cheapest place), it'll take 1-2 weeks to arrive, apparently. Whereas on iTunes for slightly cheaper, I get it instantly.

Should I just digitally get it? I'm actually desperate for it.

Oh, Forever More.

Get it from play Paj, it won't take 2 weeks, more like 3 - 5 days, if you order it tonight it'll - probably - ship tomorrow and you could have it as early as Wednesday plus for a good price I'm guessing? but digitally, sure you get it instantly but you'll pay slightly more for the 'privilege' :/ so it's a trade-off.

Just buy the iTunes version, burn to a CD and voila, you have a material copy. Granted it has no artwork etc. However you still have a backup.

Get it from play Paj, it won't take 2 weeks, more like 3 - 5 days, if you order it tonight it'll - probably - ship tomorrow and you could have it as early as Wednesday plus for a good price I'm guessing? but digitally, sure you get it instantly but you'll pay slightly more for the 'privilege' :/ so it's a trade-off.

Actually, it's 10p cheaper on iTunes.

I'm just gonna buy it digitally. I want it noooooooooow. Cheaper and quicker. :yay: