NEurope

0_o what the hell is the third song supposed to be? He sounds like he's been stabbed and is drowning in a puddle.

Hmm, yeah not much that inspires. I'd imagine it will still sell well.

Oh well, back to Felicia Day for me.

I remember earlier today, I was listening to Dance Hall at Louse Point, and I'll never forget some of the tracks that I heard, but then suddenly it ended, I was left with nothing but silence and so I said to myself... 'Is that all there is to an album? Is that all there is? :heh:

Thankfully that isn't all there is as I still have a good few CD's by Peej to get through but again I was surprised by the quality of what I heard today and can't wait to continue listening, next up - Is This Desire? :)

Dance Hall is great. Nothing like their recent collab, but then again, he works on almost all her albums, so it wouldn't be.

I love it though. Arguably moreso than a few of her solo ones. Is This Desire? is a reserved affair, but considered one of the best.

SCG, did you get 4-Track Demos by PJ? It's not really an album, but it's just a collection of lo-fi sessions from the Rid Of Me era, with 4-5 unreleased songs on it. Worth getting if you see it.

---

All the new Muse stuff sounds boring.

---

I loved that Guild Cast song.

Edited by Paj!

Muse - 'The Resistance' is up for pre-order from the iTunes store. If you click on the track titles, you'll be able to hear 30 second previews of every song!!

I listened to a few on them, and it sounds brilliant imo! I'm holding off listening to Exogenesis though, I really don't want to spoil that song for myself. Of course, for those of you without iTunes, here's a youtube video of the song previews:

Meh.

Also, what's your avatar?

Dance Hall is great. Nothing like their recent collab, but then again, he works on almost all her albums, so it wouldn't be.

I love it though. Arguably moreso than a few of her solo ones. Is This Desire? is a reserved affair, but considered one of the best.

SCG, did you get 4-Track Demos by PJ? It's not really an album, but it's just a collection of lo-fi sessions from the Rid Of Me era, with 4-5 unreleased songs on it. Worth getting if you see it.

All the new Muse stuff sounds boring.

I loved that Guild Cast song.

Dance Hall I loved, wasn't sure about it before listening because it's a collab album but they work fantastically well together... Is This Desire? resevered yes but still excellent; I didn't get the demo's but I may soon.

Muse... neither boring nor brilliant for me, some of what's in there I like but judging from the clips most of the lyrics are so uninspired when you compare them to their earlier songs :/ I refuse to completely condemn an album just from hearing clips though, I will buy it and I'm sure there will be decent tracks on it but I don't doubt that after listening I'll be longing for them to just go back to the drawing board and create Origin of Symmetry 1.5...

Guild Cast... not listened to, might give it a whirl in a minute.

Heard the new Muse song on the radio today. What's all the fuss about?

They've basically become the opposite of what they used to be and are now more predictable and mainstream... I much prefer their earlier works by far.

They've basically become the opposite of what they used to be and are now more predictable and mainstream... I much prefer their earlier works by far.

Ah, okay. :) The song just bored me completely, sounded utterly genric. I expected something fantastic after all the hype they seem to get.

Ah, okay. :) The song just bored me completely, sounded utterly genric. I expected something fantastic after all the hype they seem to get.

I love the start of it... before the vocals, the backing is really solid tbf but it's just lyrically nothing to shout about at all, I used to expect more from Muse but now I'm resigned to the fact that their newer albums I will enjoy only in part as they will never feel as complete as Origin of Symmetry does.

----------------

That Guild song is excellent for what it is! really enjoyed it. :)

La Roux's next single "I'm Not Your Toy" is so much better than their previous two. Absolutely love it.

La Roux's next single "I'm Not Your Toy" is so much better than their previous two. Absolutely love it.

They were all good choices for singles IMO... Bulletproof, Tigerlily and I'm Not Your Toy are all awesome. :)

Stop telling lies. :mad:

Better than IFTK and Bulletproof? Oy. I wish.

To be honest, I'm Not Your Toy is above Reflections are Protection, but that is the worst track on the album by far. Colourless Colour, Cover My Eyes and Armour Love are all so fucking brilliant in comparison.

I'm Not Your Toy will do okay as I single, but it's not got the wow factor. It sorts of goes along nicely, then stops. leaving you with little (relative to the others).

Bulletproof is indeed still the best single, I thought Tigerlily was released as a single too? seems I was wrong... still I do love Tigerlily no matter what anyone else thinks :heh: for the most-part though it's merely splitting hairs because most of the album is excellent with loads of quality tracks to choose from.

The question isn't whether this new track is a better single, the real question is: does she actually need to release a new single?

Seriously though, didn't any tell La Roux not to frown because if the wind changes direction she'll look like that forever?

Seriously though, didn't any tell La Roux not to frown because if the wind changes direction she'll look like that forever?

Haha me and Haggis were literally just having a conversation about that.

I really don't think she cares what others think about her looks. The music doesn't evoke the sense that she's frowning.

I really don't think she cares what others think about her looks.

Yeah that's not really the point. Fact is, being a permanently stone-faced bitch never really gets anyone very far.

I really don't think she cares what others think about her looks. The music doesn't evoke the sense that she's frowning.

No, just bored :heh:

No she doesn't care, otherwise she wouldn't waste 10 minutes making her hair look like a rhino's horn..

The question isn't whether this new track is a better single, the real question is: does she actually need to release a new single?

*confused* is that meant to be some sort of negative comment towards her? :wtf: all artists release new singles every few months, it's how they get noticed and try to convince those that are still undecided whether or not they want to buy the album or not.

I for one don't regret my purchase, granted it's not 'teh best album in the world' or anything but it's still very decent for what it is and the same goes for Little Boots and Florence + the Machine... it would seem that we've been 'treated' over the past few months with regard to these new entries into the 'weird but wonderful female artist' category. :)

True if you're not into these kind of artists then I can see how they might annoy but please try to understand that for those who do enjoy this kind of music - alongside many other genres I hasten to add - it's a particularly good time and we just like to celebrate them a bit, that's all. :p

*confused* is that meant to be some sort of negative comment towards her? :wtf: all artists release new singles every few months, it's how they get noticed and try to convince those that are still undecided whether or not they want to buy the album or not.

I for one don't regret my purchase, granted it's not 'teh best album in the world' or anything but it's still very decent for what it is and the same goes for Little Boots and Florence + the Machine... it would seem that we've been 'treated' over the past few months with regard to these new entries into the 'weird but wonderful female artist' category. :)

True if you're not into these kind of artists then I can see how they might annoy but please try to understand that for those who do enjoy this kind of music - alongside many other genres I hasten to add - it's a particularly good time and we just like to celebrate them a bit, that's all. :p

My point stems from the fact she still has two singles in the top 40..

Hang on...I thought La Roux was a band...

It probably is, but me not knowing her name (or ever seeing the rest of this 'band') it was the easiest way to put it.

Hang on...I thought La Roux was a band...

They are a duo basically, theres a guy (Ben) that does the background music - afaik - and the small vocal snippet in 'Tigerlily' but aside from that, the vocals are all her (Elly).

Yeah. Allthough La Roux means Red -haired One, which as a band named, refers to her, so I really think it can apply to just her anyway.

No she doesn't care, otherwise she wouldn't waste 10 minutes making her hair look like a rhino's horn..

By "looks", I meant that if she wanted people to fawn over her and think was sexy and attractive like other female singers, she would put more effort in.

It looks more like she does stuff with her hair/wear glittery eye stuff and whatnot out of fun or as part of her "persona". Same with the frown I suppose. If you construct a face for the music you put out, it's easier to leave it behind and live your actual life.