• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

I went ahead and merged it with the music thread, mostly because people weren't posting very substantial replies. So the current topic is what you're currently listening to as suggested by StarGuitar :)

I'm trying to get back into classic rock, prog rock, hardcore and metal, which I loved when I was about 16, but then branched away from into punk. I'm rediscovering Mudvayne, Jane's Addiction, Iron Maiden, Slayer, RATM and Black Label Society, as well as checking out for the first time some stuff like Iced Earth (recommended by The Bard), Breed 77 and Skindred (recommended by a certain girl ^^) and some cheesy powermetal like Dragonforce (it's cheesy). As well as some heavier stuff ranging from Lamb of God all the way up to Meshuggah.

But when I get bored of that I still dip back into my punk (currently reliving Anti-Flag) and j-rock (Asian Kung-Fu Generation) :D

Cookyman's recommendation is: Kosheen 's new album Damage fucking great tunes man and a complete change in music style again.

1st album Resist - Drum and Bass

2nd album Kokopelli - soft rock

3rd album Damage - electro pop

Awesome stuff.

Meh, McCartney was better :heh:

I didn't think so..just boring and samey to every other rock n roll song out there.

I comend him for continuing his career, but think he was an arse not getting a pre-nup with Heather Mills. :heh:

I enjoy all the songs more on Blood Mountain, it's much more up my alley, thrashier, no annoying dischords and the guitarwork was better and more technical. Remission is also godlike though, if a bit simple :p. Leviathan still holds the crown though, it's the middle ground, stupidly awesome riffs and everything was just really really well put together. I didn't like Island though.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!