NEurope

Anyone heard the latest Megadeth album - United Abominations?

It's pretty good, I especially like the intro to the second track Washington is Next.

Also, going watching the Crue in Manchester on Tuesday - can't wait for that!!

Can't wait for Garbage to come back.

I think Shirley Manson's going solo though..lets hope she doesnt pull a Gwen Stefani.

(Gwen's good, just not as good as she used to be)

How awesome are Levellers! Have the best Myspace page i've ever seen too: http://www.myspace.com/levellers

Think i'll be buying a few of their albums tomorrow!

The Levellers do in fact kick definate arse. Big old hippies they may be playing folk rock, but doesn't stop it sounding fantastic. Green Blade Rising is a pretty quality album of theirs.

if you are going to get an album by the Levellers get Levelling the Land, absolute quality

Anybody recommend somebody like Tool/A Perfect Circle?

My music taste is soooo varied it gets annoying some times :(

Can't wait for Garbage to come back.

I think Shirley Manson's going solo though..lets hope she doesnt pull a Gwen Stefani.

(Gwen's good, just not as good as she used to be)

I actually cannot wait for Garbage's new album.

Gwen Stefani was like the queen of the night in No Doubt and in LAMB.

Sweet Escape is very very disappointing.

Hadouken! have got a 30min mixtape for download.

Link tomorrow when I can be arsed and I remember who actually like them beside me.

Ashmat and Letty I believe are the ones on here who like them.

Hadouken! have got a 30min mixtape for download.

Link tomorrow when I can be arsed and I remember who actually like them beside me.

Ashmat and Letty I believe are the ones on here who like them.

They are playing koko tonight at NME night... I was gonna go along as I love NME night...Koko + NME night = Indie chicks galore.

LOL

*looks at Avvie*

He's a great showman, but I don't really understand Emo girls obsession with him. That's cause i'm a guy though. If I had to go for emo singers, I'd go for Betty Curse, or Avril Lavigne when she isn't being a bitch.

I've had The Arcade Fire's Neon Bible album ever since release, but I just cannot stop listening to it. It is so good. Every song is just staggering.

nearly bought a few Police albums, Silverstein, Alexisonfire, Senses Fail, Eighteen Visions CD's today. Totally would have gotten my Emo on with all that.

Figured I'd just download it all instead! Hooray!

nearly bought a few Police albums, Silverstein, Alexisonfire, Senses Fail, Eighteen Visions CD's today. Totally would have gotten my Emo on with all that.

Figured I'd just download it all instead! Hooray!

Alexisonfire are a bloody good band the rest not heard of.

Alexisonfire are a bloody good band the rest not heard of.

well you probably won't like senses fail. They're Emo. You might like silverstein, but to be honest I'm just trying to download the music I liked 2 years ago and I can't really tell for sure who is who.

Saw Alexisonfire at Reading fest last year - they were pretty awesome :)

well you probably won't like senses fail. They're Emo. You might like silverstein, but to be honest I'm just trying to download the music I liked 2 years ago and I can't really tell for sure who is who.

Saw Alexisonfire at Reading fest last year - they were pretty awesome :)

Do you mean actual emo as in Rites of Spring emo or the kerrang emo?

Do you mean actual emo as in Rites of Spring emo or the kerrang emo?

well I would say senses fail are in the veins of Hawthorne heights. so place as you will. The other two are as you say 'actual emo' - although I don't read kerrang but i imagine MCR fit in there or something.

Just check em out and correct me :P

well I would say senses fail are in the veins of Hawthorne heights. so place as you will. The other two are as you say 'actual emo' - although I don't read kerrang but i imagine MCR fit in there or something.

Just check em out and correct me :P

Yeah MCR panic! and most hardcore bands end up getting labelled as emo by kerrang, nme and the general public although the hardcore bands are closer to emo than MCR etc.

I just saw the very end of the Jonny Sniper video and it says "RIP Shikari Ferrari" never noticed that before.

Gallows on Monday yay!

Yeah MCR panic! and most hardcore bands end up getting labelled as emo by kerrang, nme and the general public although the hardcore bands are closer to emo than MCR etc.

I just saw the very end of the Jonny Sniper video and it says "RIP Shikari Ferrari" never noticed that before.

Gallows on Monday yay!

Well I personally don't think the bands listed are particularly trying to be that scene - senses fail will be big in a year or two i'm sure, so enjoy them while you can!

Sorry guys, I'm a n00b and couldn't find a similar thread to this so correct me if I'm wrong in creating this. Basically, I'm a big music fan and I'm guessing some of you guys on here share my passion. I'll listen to most things from The Beatles all the way to Jay-Z, through Kraftwerk and back to Metallica. I've got my ticket for Oxegen '07 bought and was wondering what you guys are listening to at the minute. Also, it provides a little bit of a break from "The Poetry of Robert Frost" :zzz:

Artist: Boards of Canada

Album: Geogaddi

Track: Alpha and Omega

I'm quite open minded so I'll welcome all suggestions, especially quite obscure genres and artists.

Artist: Bjork

Album: Homogenic

Track: Hunter, Alarm Call and Pluto.

I love her.

Well, we already have a music thread, don't think it's necessary to have this one as well.

Apologies. The only other music thread I could find was locked. Feel free to lock this and give me a link to the other one and I'll be on my way :)