NEurope

Well it did almost stop me from buying it but they had a macca interview that I wanted to read :)

Next week you get a free White stripes LP of their new single which is exclusive to NME! wooo or not depending on if you like white stripes.

I thought it wasn't the single but adifferent song with spacein thr cover for the 7" single.

I'm still getting the mag despite the cover though as it hasa Hadouken! poster in it.

Yeah it's not Icky Thump, but another song from the new album and the sleeve will have space for the Icky Thump 7"

I thought it wasn't the single but adifferent song with spacein thr cover for the 7" single.

I'm still getting the mag despite the cover though as it hasa Hadouken! poster in it.

Yeah it's exactly that actually.

You probably just got funny looks for reading NME in the first place.

;458304]That the song that suddenly says about a little bag of cocaine? I like the album' date=' but I think Fidelity is the best so I tend not to listen to it after that. Shame its the first song.

[/quote']

That's "Hotel Song".

"That Time" is,

"Hey remember that time I only read shakespeare?

Hey remember that time I only read the back of cereal boxes?

etc "

been listening to The Dears again recently. They really are very, very good and more people need to listen to them :)

been listening to The Dears again recently. They really are very, very good and more people need to listen to them :)

QFT

You listen to a band called Oceansize dan? From the bands you go on about they're probably you're sort of thing (aka awesomeness)

Got the new YOURCODENAMEIS:MILO album a couple of days ago, its taking some serious work to get into tbh and im not all that sure i like it :hmm:

Oceansize aren't bad. They're kinda nice. :D

I've been listening to Between The Buried And Me again recently, those guys are impressive.

Currently checking out some Killswitch Engage. Haven't really listened to much of their stuff, and thoroughly enjoying it :)

Checked out some FFaF earlier - not bad

Vengaboys rule.

Currently checking out some Killswitch Engage. Haven't really listened to much of their stuff, and thoroughly enjoying it :)

Hell yeah! One of my favourite bands.

I've just got a load of "My Dying Bride" these guys...they kinda slay.

Alive or Just Breathing and As Daylight Dies are the 2 albums I have. Any recommendations off those for me?

Oh god...I'd say...absolutely everything off "Alive or Just Breathing"...you have to pay attention to detail though, the progression and some impossibly well written riffs are lost on some people.

As for "As Daylight Dies," my favourite tracks from that are "Eye of The Storm," "Break The Silence" "My Curse" and "Reject Yourself." The whole album is awesome though, with the exception of one track: Desperate Times, it's just doesn't do anything for me.

Enjoy :D

Is it just me or is the new Smashing Pumpkins single, Tarantula, a huge load of horse-shit? I mean... it's too fucking mainstream, what's Billy trying to prove?

Is it just me or is the new Smashing Pumpkins single, Tarantula, a huge load of horse-shit? I mean... it's too fucking mainstream, what's Billy trying to prove?

I love it.

Paolo Nutini's New Shoes is a great morning dip medicine :smile:

"Hey, I put some new shoes on, and suddenly everything lalala"

Gotta love pop.

The Dears are my favourite band I think some people should take a listen; especially if you like The Smiths.

QFT

You listen to a band called Oceansize dan? From the bands you go on about they're probably you're sort of thing (aka awesomeness)

I'll give them a listen..

And yeah, the smiths comparison to The Dears is well founded. They have really amazing, intelligent lyrics and some fly arangements musically. nobody sounds quite like them :)

I also love how different their two albums are. Gang of Loosers is much more poppy in a sense, where as No Cities Left is more epic and melancholy. Thankfully, their equally amazing at both directions.

I think everyone should listen to some nice Vivaldi Four Seasons.

Or possibly O, Fortuna, by Carl Orff (Epic++)

If you're into Doom, you should totally listen to My Dying Bride - A Line Of Deathless Kings. Best Doom metal I've ever heard.

Can't stop listening to the new Kings Of Leon Album. It's very much full of awesomeness.

Can't wait to see them again, even tho I have to travel down to Bournemouth :S

I'll give them a listen..

And yeah, the smiths comparison to The Dears is well founded. They have really amazing, intelligent lyrics and some fly arangements musically. nobody sounds quite like them :)

I also love how different their two albums are. Gang of Loosers is much more poppy in a sense, where as No Cities Left is more epic and melancholy. Thankfully, their equally amazing at both directions.

Yeah I love it when bands try out different directions. Take a listen to End of a Hollywood Bedtime Story; their first album you should like that.

If you're into Doom, you should totally listen to My Dying Bride - A Line Of Deathless Kings. Best Doom metal I've ever heard.

They've seen better days.

I don't know, I barely listen to doom, it's my most neglected of the metal subsets, maybe because most of it's too slow and boring, but for some reason, I really enjoyed that album. Was a good listen.