NEurope

I have never recalled anybody saying they are going to purchase (or have purchased) Linkin Park's album. Hmmm.

Indeed. Is the list just UK or what? I can't imagine one in twelve people owning the Linkin Park album... I know more than twelve people and none of them have it!

Its pretty cool, what did you use to make it? (I'm assuming it is the track called Experimental)

Reason. I was testing out wether the quantizer would help with me not having a midi controller.

I've just got a virtual midi driver and use SweetLittle Piano to use my computer keyboard as a midi controller. The latency is horrendous though.

Needless to say it didn't work, so I put it all though some distortion and uploaded it :D

I have never recalled anybody saying they are going to purchase (or have purchased) Linkin Park's album. Hmmm.

Most of my friends bought it.

I need new friends.

Saw Red is the track they did with Gwen Stefani, man Gwen Stefani used to be cool....what happened?

Yeah, I love all the early No Doubt stuff.

LAMB was satisfactory, I really hate Sweet Escape though.

On a side note... has anyone here ever actually spent some time listening to the master that is Burial? I recommend this Dubstep artist to EVERYONE who's alive. I mean that... he's that good. Get ahold of his album Untrue, if you can.

Here, listen for yourself.

To be honest, he is the dubstep equivalent of pendulum. which is a shame.

There's a Porcupine Tree video doing the rounds on teh music channels. The song's supposedly called "Fear of a Blank Planet". But if I was to look on YouTube or wherever for this song. The only results I get are of a completely different Porcupine Tree song that's called "Fear of a Blank Planet".

This PT song I've seen on telly begins with the lyrics "Don't waste your feelings and your hopes, hold on."

I've tried Google, and that was feck all helpful...

I don't bloody understand this. Please help me out, chaps...

To be honest, he is the dubstep equivalent of pendulum. which is a shame.

But it works the other way around... drum'n'bass is great and pendulum ruin it. Dubstep is shit and this guys saves it. At least that's what I think. And apparently I'm not the only one. :heh:

to be honest that sounds more like r n b than dubstep, the dubstep ive heard that sounds alright usually incorporates Dub reggae, that track is about as a dub reggae as james blunt.

to be honest that sounds more like r n b than dubstep, the dubstep ive heard that sounds alright usually incorporates Dub reggae, that track is about as a dub reggae as james blunt.

Precisely. It takes dubstep and removes the bad part. That's why this guy is called the saviour of Dubstep.

And sounding like r n b? Are you fucking insane? Apart from the voice, whose only comparable point I can grasp is... Goldie, perhaps, it's as far away from RNB as possible. This is the sound of loneliness.

I stand with the critics on this one, he's the first true great to come out Dubstep. Or should I say... dubless-step.

As for Porcupine Tree... there's two versions of the song, the album version and the single version. The single version sucks, I think that's the one you're looking for.

I like it, but its not dubstep, its deviated too far away from it to be called it.

The first few times i heard dubstep I thought it was shit then it grew on me.

On a side note... has anyone here ever actually spent some time listening to the master that is Burial? I recommend this Dubstep artist to EVERYONE who's alive. I mean that... he's that good. Get ahold of his album Untrue, if you can.

Here, listen for yourself.

I had never heard of Dubstep before (just looked it up on Wikipedia), but this song I've heard a couple of times before on the radio and I like it. Don't care what genre it is or isn't, as long as a song is good I'll listen to it. =P

Is anyone else a fan of LCD Soundsystem's Sound of Silver? I've been giving it more of a listen again and...well, it's fucking incredible. One of the best albums I own by a country mile. hurrah!

I had never heard of Dubstep before (just looked it up on Wikipedia), but this song I've heard a couple of times before on the radio and I like it. Don't care what genre it is or isn't, as long as a song is good I'll listen to it. =P

Just like me. The fact that I'm terrible with genres doesn't help either. Not that I care

Is anyone else a fan of LCD Soundsystem's Sound of Silver? I've been giving it more of a listen again and...well, it's fucking incredible. One of the best albums I own by a country mile. hurrah!

I like it, it is good.

This is more like dubstep for anyone who cares

But unless you have a serious soundsystem set up at home you wont even get the full effect.

EDIT: This is a dubstep remix, of the klaxons cover of, not over yet, it is reasonably epic.

http://squar3.com/site/traxx/Klaxons%20-%20Not%20Over%20(Skream%20Remix).mp3

Just like me. The fact that I'm terrible with genres doesn't help either. Not that I care

Same. I wouldn't even know what genre some of my favourite songs/artists are. I mean, in the end it shouldn't matter at all. Plus I think it's silly to only stick to a couple of genres when there's so much good stuff out there. =D

Album of 2007 tbh imo.

Dear Lord, the latest Akeboshi CD is awesome. As usual. Someone give this man a prize!

And a fantastic live act, too.

Album of 2007 tbh imo.

Almost... I'd give that honour to either Battles or Radiohead.

Dear Lord, the latest Akeboshi CD is awesome. As usual. Someone give this man a prize!

Is it? :D Jesus fucking christ, I love that guy. :bouncy:

I like it, it is good.

This is more like dubstep for anyone who cares

But unless you have a serious soundsystem set up at home you wont even get the full effect.

EDIT: This is a dubstep remix, of the klaxons cover of, not over yet, it is reasonably epic.

http://squar3.com/site/traxx/Klaxons%20-%20Not%20Over%20(Skream%20Remix).mp3

That's why I say that he saved it. I hate Skream.

As far as I'm concerned, Dubstep has only produced two good artists, and neither of them really "respect" the concept of how to make dubstep... That'd be Burial and Boxcutter.

Opinions, I guess...

Dub is great, listen to some Lee Scratch Perry. That track was terrible though imho.

Let's be honest... Dubstep is a severely flawed concept... that guy (Burial) picked it up and turned into something actually worth a damn, he gave it a soul and depth.