NEurope

PATD really, really suck live. Majorly.

But I love their first album, a few songs on there that have had me hooked for a while now :D

Help needed

For one of my modules im doing a tv show, whereby each episode is based around a song (kinda adapted from it) with the general theme being fucked up relationships (adultery, scandel, underage etc). I need a theme song. Looked through my collection and iTunes for stuff about love, lust, relationships, sex, music and got some ideas but just wondering if anyone could help.

Thanks.

Help needed

For one of my modules im doing a tv show, whereby each episode is based around a song (kinda adapted from it) with the general theme being fucked up relationships (adultery, scandel, underage etc). I need a theme song. Looked through my collection and iTunes for stuff about love, lust, relationships, sex, music and got some ideas but just wondering if anyone could help.

Thanks.

"When I Grow Up" by Garbage could work, especially the "Unprotected, got her pregnant, damn the consequences" bit. It's probably too cheery for what you're after though.

"I Get Around" by Dragonette? That's pretty sexually charged.

Apppropriate lines: "Quitely slide away off the mattress / Find my clothing on the bedpost / So I tiptoe out of this mess / As I slip back into last night's dress".

PATD really, really suck live. Majorly.

But I love their first album, a few songs on there that have had me hooked for a while now :D

They were good at reading, specially what they did to counter the whole bottle throwing event the year before.

Help needed

Thanks.

Not relivant to your theme song but watch nine songs (film) It has nine live gigs followed by a bit of drama and then sex, its pretty shit but interesting none the less.

Ah panic at the disco, now without the '!' now less panicy no less sucky. Horrible corperate emo rubbish, er sorry hate em ;). Piece out.

Anyone heard of/heard a band called Sparta? (anyone who even mentions 300 gets their throat slit)

They're fucking awesome.

Help needed

Thanks.

Tori Amos to the rescue. Her songs are atmospheric and many could be used for this.

Most obvious is

, a candid retelling of her rape. Be warned, this is a fan made music video, that is kinda sick, but it's the best quality sound I could get. Skip to 1.00.

Teenage Hustling is another one. Less atmospheric though. Bit more confrontational.

Not fucked up at all, but a song that captures a kinda of atmosphere that's weird. Lust. I dunno, I think it's quite sensual. Plus all of her songs are so hard to decipher no one would notice.

Anyone heard of/heard a band called Sparta? (anyone who even mentions 300 gets their throat slit)

They're fucking awesome.

I love everything that came from At The Drive-In.

Why do albums usually only have say, 9 or 10 tracks on them. There are usually at leasta couple of great tracks that don't get put on (you find them you youtube etc), so why aren't they just put on?

Also, Paramore's version of Sunday Bloody Sunday is awesome, better than U2's original (which I think is pretty great too). Though Bono is a bit of a prick.

Why do albums usually only have say, 9 or 10 tracks on them. There are usually at leasta couple of great tracks that don't get put on (you find them you youtube etc), so why aren't they just put on?

Also, Paramore's version of Sunday Bloody Sunday is awesome, better than U2's original (which I think is pretty great too). Though Bono is a bit of a prick.

Would you rather listen to 10 great songs, or 10 great songs with 10 B-Sides shoved in afterwards that you won't want to listen too? If a song is judged to not make the grade it isn't added because it will interupt the good stuff.

I still prefer U2's.

Actually, i prefer George Bush's :p

Hayley breathes too damn much, and joins words

Like "Go away" becomes "Goway"

Although I don't like Sunday Bloody Sunday, and Bono is an arrogant arse, I find it hard to imagine that anybody could beat U2's performance of SBS. I can has link plz :smile:

Although I don't like Sunday Bloody Sunday, and Bono is an arrogant arse, I find it hard to imagine that anybody could beat U2's performance of SBS. I can has link plz :smile:

Link

Sounds quite different to how Bono sings it, which is probably why I like it. It's not just a carbon copy.

Would you rather listen to 10 great songs, or 10 great songs with 10 B-Sides shoved in afterwards that you won't want to listen too? If a song is judged to not make the grade it isn't added because it will interupt the good stuff.

I don't mean shove all there B-sides in, that would be mental. But I mean, there's usually at least one or two great songs that never get stuck on an album so don't get heard, which is annoying. (Unless they end up being iTunes bonus tracks)

"When I Grow Up" by Garbage could work, especially the "Unprotected, got her pregnant, damn the consequences" bit. It's probably too cheery for what you're after though.

"I Get Around" by Dragonette? That's pretty sexually charged.

Apppropriate lines: "Quitely slide away off the mattress / Find my clothing on the bedpost / So I tiptoe out of this mess / As I slip back into last night's dress".

Judging only by the thirty second itunes clips Gragonette might be okay, Garbage not so much.

Not relivant to your theme song but watch nine songs (film) It has nine live gigs followed by a bit of drama and then sex, its pretty shit but interesting none the less.

Haven't seen it but thats how I pitched it; "Nine songs with less graphic sex". That and High Fidelity.

Tori Amos to the rescue. Her songs are atmospheric and many could be used for this.

Most obvious is

, a candid retelling of her rape. Be warned, this is a fan made music video, that is kinda sick, but it's the best quality sound I could get. Skip to 1.00.

Teenage Hustling is another one. Less atmospheric though. Bit more confrontational.

Not fucked up at all, but a song that captures a kinda of atmosphere that's weird. Lust. I dunno, I think it's quite sensual. Plus all of her songs are so hard to decipher no one would notice.

They're good songs, I did enjoy them but not really appropriate sorry.

Thanks to everyone for trying though, I do appreciate it :D

Im thinking of maybe Paper Doll by Louis XIV. Mentions music, all about sex, guitar riffing; everything you need for young audiences really. Will keep looking but need to get this work done.

I don't mean shove all there B-sides in, that would be mental. But I mean, there's usually at least one or two great songs that never get stuck on an album so don't get heard, which is annoying. (Unless they end up being iTunes bonus tracks)

Well, if they aren't put up the band obviously aren't happy with them and don't want to put them on the album because, in their opinion, it would "ruin" it.

More tracks != More good :p

They're fucking awesome.

SPARTAAAAAA!

I disagree... U2's version is superior... Because of Bono's vocals... I hate Bono, but he made that song his own private magnum opus.

I agree, Bono's version is excellent, I just enjoy the way Hayley sings it, and the more acoustic sound. I prefer the female voice on the song too (though I do on most songs). But don't get me wrong, the original is really good and Bono sounds fantastic on it.

And you'll lap up anything paramore shit out.

Including their shit.

How nice.

Jesus, whats got up your arse tonight? Making shitty little comments and insulting people on the forum isn't going to get you anywhere is it? I do apologise for expressing my opinion, I'll try not to next time. :heh:

And you'll lap up anything paramore shit out.

Including their shit.

Yellow infraction issued. Insulting other members.

It'll be a red next time, that's 2 in 2 hours I've given you.