NEurope

You are aware that at no point was 2006 the same year as 2007?

My iTunes says it's from 2007.

Guess I assumed too much...

Are you sure that isn't just the song? The song promises so much in terms of her powerful voice, but the album delievers little to support this.

I quite like the album, I don't own it, but I got a chance to hear it round a mates. True it doesn't show off her voice, but some of the songs are pretty catchy, like "jelous girls". I think it's a pretty great album.

Are you sure that isn't just the song? The song promises so much in terms of her powerful voice, but the album delievers little to support this.

That is true.

But Yr Mangled Heart wins the album.

Ah! But there was a re-release in 2007 along with the single back when skins was still on as far as I know. So sort of technically it can be included.

This is the one I have. So, I was semi-right.

Yr Mangled Heart, Jealousy and Standing In The Way Of Control are the good tracks. The rest is meh.

ALSO: speaking of Gossip, I know most of you haven't heard their second album, Movement... you should! It's quite better than Standing In The Way Of Control (wich is their third... or turd, as you see fit).

[

Beth Ditto = legend. Enough said.

Does being a fat lesbian automatically a legend nowadays? If so I know a few ladys which also deserve this title!

Does being a fat lesbian automatically a legend nowadays? If so I know a few ladys which also deserve this title!

No, but she's just a legend generally.

I mean, who else would pose nude on the front of a magazine with unshaven armpits?

Also, she's against Bush, and she's an activist for gay rights/ attacks the gay press for their attitudes to sexual identity (a point on which I completely agree).

Plus, she has an awesome voice, and eats squirrels.

I mean, who else would pose nude on the front of a magazine with unshaven armpits?

I had horrific nightmares because of that picture! Thank fuck for my secret stash...

No, but she's just a legend generally.

Also, she's against Bush, and she's an activist for gay rights/ attacks the gay press for their attitudes to sexual identity (a point on which I completely agree).

Plus, she has an awesome voice, and eats squirrels.

Anyone with half a brain is against bush. Also unshaven armpits isnt great. I cant argue with the gay rights stuff, except that that makes her no better than anyone who is actively involved in the gay rights movment.

And then the only good thing about her that makes her good is her voice which isnt that great.

she's against Bush.

Last time I checked, she was one of the few who publically displayed that she isn't against bush and in fact, has quite a vast one herself. :heh:

Anyone with half a brain is against bush. Also unshaven armpits isnt great. I cant argue with the gay rights stuff, except that that makes her no better than anyone who is actively involved in the gay rights movment.

And then the only good thing about her that makes her good is her voice which isnt that great.

She's legendary because she's so unique.

Beth Ditto is pretty cool and she's been treated unfairly by a lot of the press. Worst thing to come out of her sudden rise to fame though is that TittyBangBang did a dreadful sketch about her in their equally dreadful Xmas special when they clearly know nothing about her talent or The Gossip's past.

I can't stand Beth Ditto as whenever I've seen anything about her she always goes on about the fact shes a dangerously obese lesbian and I just think "Yes you've said a million times already" and that NME cover was disgusting.

Shes so damn hypocrtitical. "Oh its so wrong being happy if you're underweight but im clearly oveweight but its fine. Tralala lets take my clothes off"

Shes so damn hypocrtitical. "Oh its so wrong being happy if you're underweight but im clearly oveweight but its fine. Tralala lets take my clothes off"

Has she said that? (well I know not those exact words, but you know what I mean :))

--

Also, saying it was disgusting that she was nude on the NME cover, I mean it's the same as some very thin model being on it. It's just two extremes, were happy seeing very thin people do it, so why not overwieght people.

Has she said that? (well I know not those exact words, but you know what I mean :))

--

Also, saying it was disgusting that she was nude on the NME cover, I mean it's the same as some very thin model being on it. It's just two extremes, were happy seeing very thin people do it, so why not overwieght people.

I don't want anything that disgusts me on the front cover of magazines especilly not an overweight naked Beth Ditto.

--

She doesn't need to say those exact words. Im pretty sure she has spoke of a disgust for thin people (and if not, there is a general one that she is riding against with her body image) and posing naked on the front of a big magazine like NME shows you are happy with your image.

*sigh* The only thing she stands for is being comfortable with yourself, wichever your body image may be. She's a hard defender of substantial satisfaction, physical is just a bonus. And she's right. And you know it.

*sigh* The only thing she stands for is being comfortable with yourself, wichever your body image may be. She's a hard defender of substantial satisfaction, physical is just a bonus. And she's right. And you know it.

Being comfortable with yourself is fantastic, im all for it. The problem is when you're comfortable with yourself but also a danger to yourself; be it being too underweight or too overweight.

But in totally unrelated news; anyone know any site whereby I can check music used in the media (tv, films etc). So say I search for a particular song by a particular artist. Some artists have them on wiki but not the ones I need which is a bit of a pain.

(oh and OW thanks for sorting out the sig, sorry I never got round to replying to the PM)

Being comfortable with yourself is fantastic, im all for it. The problem is when you're comfortable with yourself but also a danger to yourself; be it being too underweight or too overweight.

(oh and OW thanks for sorting out the sig, sorry I never got round to replying to the PM)

That's just your common sense telling that you should be healthy, so that you'll live longer and comfortable, and so on... That's why I like Beth Ditto, she thinks like me... Why the fuck do I want 30 more years on earth, if they're not gonna be worth damn when compared to the past 10 years you spent getting fat, drunk, laid & high with someone who matters?

Maybe if you find true love, It'll be worth it... until then, keep on rotting in the free world! Live fast, die young!

And as for the sig, no problem. : peace:

Rate The Last Song You Heard

Here With Me - Dido

Awesome song, awesome voice.

I love the lines "I don't want to call my friends, because they might wake me from this dream."

9/10

Chemical Brothers: We Are The Night.

All Rights Reversed, Burst Generator, Salmon Dance and Saturate are amazing, amazing tracks from the album, Burst Generator being my favourite. The rest of the album itself is made of win too, can't get enough of the Chemical Brothers!

Hey Boy Hey Girl though...bloody hell, what a tune.

*listens to more CB*

Just bought Amy Macdonalds album from play.com

Previewed it on iTunes and sounds like I will really like it :)

Just bought Amy Macdonalds album from play.com

Previewed it on iTunes and sounds like I will really like it :)

I bought it on impulse randomly when I didn't even know who she was, and I love it.

Run and L.A. are my favourite tracks from it.