NEurope

I bought "Under the Blacklight" by Rilo Kiley and "Le Fil" by Camille today.

I'm just listening to Rilo Kiley right now, sounds decent on first listening.

Unfortunately Camille won't work on my laptop for some reason, so I have to play it on my PS2 (my CD player is broken). It's sublime. She's like the French Bjork. I didn't even know who she was, and just bought the album to help with my French which I'm taking for Higher, and it's a hidden gem.

I can tell I love it, even only after 1 listen.

chairdriver: How are you finding the YeahYeahYeahs now?

I'm really getting into them.

I love "Tick"; it could be the theme tune for some comic book villain obsessed with clocks. "Date With The Night" is awesome too.

I've bought 7 CDs in the last 3 days, so I'm finding it hard to absorb all the tracks lol.

Will someone recommend me some Jazz artists or albums?

I've always loved Jazz, but never really listen to it enough.

You tried Jamie Cullum?, not sure if you will like him but I find it hard not to

Will someone recommend me some Jazz artists or albums?

I've always loved Jazz, but never really listen to it enough.

Okay I'm not really, really into Jazz. But what sort of stuff you interested in?

My favs. are Herbie Hancock (The New Standard is amazing), Miles Davis is what most people would recommend, and the reason being because his work is amazing. A bit of Weather Report and Pat Metheny Group obviously have to be mentioned. Acoustic Ladyland deserve a mention.

Again, it's all a bit... mainstream I guess. But as my fellow warehouse workers would say, "Fuck 'em."

it was that list posted above, man.

I know, I was only joking around. :)

I'm not too keen on chart music, but is anyone? I'm still stuck in the 90s. :heh:

Thanks for the recommendations guys, I will go look them up ^_^

EDIT: Just iTuned Jamie Cullum and I really like the stuff.

*clicks download*

And errm, why didn't anyone tell me "Queen Latifah" is a Jazz artist? O.o

EDIT 2: Anyone heard Remi Cole - Rock n Roll? It's so catchy!

Not heard any Mingus, but I've got "A Love Supreme." I don't know much about jazz, but that's some great stuff right there.

I can't reccomend any Jazz apart from Miles Davis: In a Silent Way. But then again that is more Jazz fusion, try his earlier stuff if you want some more traditional Jazz.

I have a huge problem when it comes to telling genres apart and that's very serious in jazz/blues. They have the same vibe, so I recommend The Seatbelts. They only did the Cowboy Bebop OSTs but its like a gazillion CDs.

Also, Mingus rocks.

The Night and The Silent Water is probably the most atmospheric song ever written.

I'm prone to hyperbole whenever I rediscover exactly how utterly special and essential Opeth are. Listen to it!! All the way through!

The Night and The Silent Water is probably the most atmospheric song ever written.

I'm prone to hyperbole whenever I rediscover exactly how utterly special and essential Opeth are. Listen to it!! All the way through!

Opeth is love.

I like opeth, what's their best album though? i really enjoy My Arms, Your Herse due to the change in styles from their previous album.

Also, hah to any that like Paramore, I'm seeing them in Feb =D

I like opeth, what's their best album though? i really enjoy My Arms, Your Herse due to the change in styles from their previous album.

There isn't a single Opeth album that isn't truly exceptional...currently listening to mostly Morningrise and Still Life though...

It depends on what you want.

M favourite two are "Blackwater Park" wich is, as far as I'm concerned the full essence of what Opeth is... and "Damnation" wich is a totally acoustic album, and an astoundingly good one, at that.

I think I'm going to have "Run" by Amy MacDonald at some important event of my life (wedding/funeral lol).

I just love.

I love the lyrics: "Will you tell me when the fighting's over? Cos I can't take it, I can't take no more!"

I love Losing My Religion by REM =D. I'm going to have to get an album of theirs, anyone reccomend any?