NEurope

Some more classic music found its way onto my computer today. Whilst looking for my Corrs album I came across mummy's Best of Robert Palmer. It has to be assimilated. Although I am disgusted to find it didn't have Addicted To Love on it, which has one of the best music videos in existence... I already have it on my PC, but that's not the point.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

haha, genius. Spandau Ballet are reforming. Get in there! This'll be interesting to see how this generation of music lovers take to them. Just hope they keep the style they are known for and don't try to compete with the other bands around at the moment in terms of their sound.

And I now feel very old talking about Spandau Ballet. Was brought up listening to them.

Calvin Harris - I'm Not Alone OFFICIAL VIDEO

Ever since getting this a month and a bit ago, it hasn't left my playlist.

As much as I want to want to punch Calvin Harris, I somehow don't.

Thursday are fucking brilliant. This song is amazing but the last 45 seconds are just too good. So intense. Such a mint way to end the album War All The Time.

Thursday - Tomorrow I'll Be You

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

^ That song's pretty good, Davey. :smile:

Over the last week/10 days I've been listening heavily to a J-Pop artist named Rie fu. I had one of her songs on the PC for nearly a year, as it was the closing song to an anime. But when I saw her perform on a Japanese music show I decided to get her albums.

I was pleasantly surprised. There isn't a single song on the three albums that isn't rubbish. Yes, there are some that stand out above the others, but still, quality all round.

She can speak perfect English so there's no problem with "Let's fighting love!" and other comical Engrish errors. So it's all good.

Few of my favs:

Life is Like a Boat

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Waratte, Megumi no Moto he (Laughing, to the Origin of Grace)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I've also acquired Daft Punk - Discovery. I just had to considering how much I enjoyed Interstella 5555. :smile:

Edited by Roostophe

I finally realised what the lyrics to I Was Married by Tegan and Sara are.

My life feels like it has a whole new meaning.

Placebo News

Molko said: "I believe 'Battle' to be the first of our albums to tell a story over the course of its 52 minutes. Our previous releases were really only collections of songs and even though the songs are ordered according to the musical flow, I hope that if you listen hard enough to the words that some kind of discernible thematic unity will begin to emerge."

The tracklisting for "Battle of the Sun" is:

'Kitty Litter'

'Ashtray Heart'

'Battle For The Sun'

'For What It’s Worth'

'Devil In The Details'

'Bright Lights'

'Speak In Tongues'

'The Never-Ending Why'

'Julien'

'Happy You're Gone'

'Breathe Underwater'

'Come Undone'

'Kings of Medicine'

Thursday are fucking brilliant. This song is amazing but the last 45 seconds are just too good. So intense. Such a mint way to end the album War All The Time.

Thursday - Tomorrow I'll Be You

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Sorry but that was nothing like what you said it would be.

It was just...bad. Dull. Drab. Badly sung, boring to listen to, fakely-intense...nothing to pique my interest in any way.

It was just...bad. Dull. Drab. Badly sung, boring to listen to, fakely-intense...nothing to pique my interest in any way.

agreed. Gubbins.

In other news: Scarlett Johansson's Tom Waits cover album is on Spotify. It's...interesting. My brain is screaming with the surrealism of its very existence, but I'm quite enjoying it too. :awesome:

In other news: Scarlett Johansson's Tom Waits cover album is on Spotify. It's...interesting. My brain is screaming with the surrealism of its very existence, but I'm quite enjoying it too. :awesome:

It's briliance.

It would be nothing without Tom Sitek's production, but as it is, it's wonderful.

My favourite album ever.

Wasn't aimed at you

Wasn't aimed at you

...:blank:

Who was it aimed at? I assumed people who read this thread...that's what people do, post songs/videos they seek opinions on from others.

My guess is it was probably aimed at the Yorkshire-based members of the forum who are into this music. Like GothicPlague although he might have heard that one bfore.

Or it was for the number who are into that genre. Like me. I said I liked it. You're obviously not the clique he aimed it at, to be honest.

IIRC Thursday also did a cover of "Ever Fallen In Love", is that right?

Ok, well one should probably state that a post is aimed at certain contingent, if that's the case.

He could just MSN them if he didn't want anyone outside of that contingent's opinion.

My guess is it was probably aimed at the Yorkshire-based members of the forum who are into this music. Like GothicPlague although he might have heard that one bfore.

Or it was for the number who are into that genre. Like me. I said I liked it. You're obviously not the clique he aimed it at, to be honest.

IIRC Thursday also did a cover of "Ever Fallen In Love", is that right?

Yes rather surprisingly I have heard it before but I doubt it was aimed at me probably more towards other people on the forum who don't constantly talk about pop music (not that I have a problem with some good pop music).

Also yes they have

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Anyone heard of the band The Chemists? Their song Hear Our Song is pretty damn good IMO and they don't seem to have too many fans

The Bachelor by Patrick Wolf out 1st June

patrick_wolf-the_bachelor.jpg

First single is interesting...Vulture. His albums are always interesting. Especially the more experimental ones. Actually not heard the whole of his second one yet though.

The video is NSFW! So just Spotify it.

C'est bon.

--------

Do you ever find that lyrics are too deep that the actual meaning gets lost?

I have literally no idea what Clam, Crab, Cockle, Cowrie by Joanna Newsom is actually about.

All I know is that I love it.

I do as I please

Now I'm on my knees

Your skin is something that I stir into my tea

And I am watching you

and you are starry, starry, starry

and I'm tumbling down, and I check a frown

Well, just look around

It's why I love this town

just see me serenaded hourly! celebrated sourly!

dedicated dourly; waltzing with the open sea

Clam, crab, cockle, cowrie

will you just look at me?

Who was it aimed at? I assumed people who read this thread...that's what people do, post songs/videos they seek opinions on from others.

Theres no point even saying that stuff you said if its about music you dont care about. I dont like any artist on your last fm so i dont comment on any of it when you post. Aimed at people who like rock/post-hardcore/metal or whoever

C'est bon.

--------

Do you ever find that lyrics are too deep that the actual meaning gets lost?

I have literally no idea what Clam, Crab, Cockle, Cowrie by Joanna Newsom is actually about.

All I know is that I love it.

I do as I please

Now I'm on my knees

Your skin is something that I stir into my tea

And I am watching you

and you are starry, starry, starry

and I'm tumbling down, and I check a frown

Well, just look around

It's why I love this town

just see me serenaded hourly! celebrated sourly!

dedicated dourly; waltzing with the open sea

Clam, crab, cockle, cowrie

will you just look at me?

Fuck off, Joanna Newsom. Worst voice in music.

Very few people who post here actually do it to seek opinion, it's normally just to say who is awesome and post some spiritual ramblings about how the artists songs complete them as a person.

Fuck off, Joanna Newsom. Worst voice in music.

Not really. I prefer to listen to her than the Saturdays and the infinite other pop bands with really uninspiring, boring vocals.

It's lovely to hear her:

Anyway, your point is irrelevant, because Ys by Joanna Newsom is one of the best albums in the last 10 years.

PJ Harvey/John Parish's album A Woman a Man Walked By has leaked.

PJ Harvey/John Parish's album A Woman a Man Walked By has leaked.

Oh no they din't!

*Screams and runs*

Pretty old news apparently, but I stumbled upon this just now:

"DEVO ANNOUNCE NEW STUDIO ALBUM

TO DEBUT FALL 2009!

De-evolution has finally arrived...and who better to guide us through the mess than DEVO.

The fall of 2009 will bring a new DEVO studio album, their first one since 1990's Smooth Noodle Maps. It'll mark their first new music since the strong fan reaction that greeted the 2007 single "Watch Us Work It," their first new song in 18 years and one that was produced by Sweden's TeddyBears (Robyn). They're now in the studio putting the finishing touches on their new album (title TBA)."

Fuck yeah.