NEurope

Do you have her album?

Why the fuck would I want to waste my money/loading times on that piece of chit?

I've heard two of her songs on the radio and they raped my ears. I would actually prefer a hedgehog rubbing his back on my testicles than listen to Lady GaGa, to be quite honest.

Why the fuck would I want to waste my money/loading times on that piece of chit?

I've heard two of her songs on the radio and they raped my ears. I would actually prefer a hedgehog rubbing his back on my testicles than listen to Lady GaGa, to be quite honest.

How can you judge her fully on that!? The words "I heard her on the radio" is not a good way of opening a sentence that then goes on to dismiss an artist...:p

She's not amazing or even great, but the album is fun. Just say you dislike what you heard (what I did before I heard the album) and leave it at that.

^ Try telling that to my poor, POOR ears! :nono:

You're just being silly. Her music is in no way able to annoy ones ears. Unlike Joanna Newsom, she's isn't an acquired taste, sonically. You cannot like the two songs that much *puts hand up*, but don't make yourself look stupid.

What she stands for offends me.

What she looks like is not cool, nor fashionable.

She isn't worth my time - if she's lucky, my scorn maybe.

To be fair, I heard some of Lady Gaga's stuff on the radio also and I didn't like it even before I knew it was her who sung it, then one day I happened to catch that it was her who was singing this really repetitive and annoying song (to my ears) and I thought to myself 'why the hell are a lot of people actually rating this person?' I just don't get it and I don't want to either if the rest of the album sounds like the one or two I heard on the radio... :blank:

With that said, if anyone who actually owns the album were to post links to what they deem the best tracks on the album then I would give each track a fair listen but it's not the sort of thing I would expect to end up liking or would actively look for personally.

I don't think Paj is moaning at him for not liking it, he's moaning at him for being completely over the top with the hatred and making himself look like an idiot in doing so.

Always try Paparazzi, though tbh I doubt you'll like it any more than the others. :)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Though, she is a fantastic live singer. The "acoustic" version of Pokerface makes it a totally different song, and sounds damn good.

But...people like what they like. So...yeah.

Edited by Slaggis
Automerged Doublepost

To be fair, I heard some of Lady Gaga's stuff on the radio also and I didn't like it even before I knew it was her who sung it, then one day I happened to catch that it was her who was singing this really repetitive and annoying song (to my ears) and I thought to myself 'why the hell are a lot of people actually rating this person?' I just don't get it and I don't want to either if the rest of the album sounds like the one or two I heard on the radio... :blank:

Poker Face is officially the worst song I've ever heard.

You're just being silly. Her music is in no way able to annoy ones ears. Unlike Joanna Newsom, she's isn't an acquired taste, sonically. You cannot like the two songs that much *puts hand up*, but don't make yourself look stupid.

Let's just sort this out:

I hate Lady GaGa. Her music, I hate it. There's nothing more to say. It's simple as that. I fucking (bringing out the cursewords now) hate her music as much as bloody Nickelback, another band whose music hurts my ears.

There's nothing more that needs to be said and yet you keep bringing up all this pointless stuff about it being an acquired taste. Music is an acquired taste, that I now. But I'm begging you: Please, just shut the fuck up and let's say no more about the overrated turd that is Lady GaGa!

In summary: I hate Lady GaGa's music. END.

I don't think Paj is moaning at him for not liking it, he's moaning at him for being completely over the top with the hatred and making himself look like an idiot in doing so.

It's not an over the top reaction.

Okay, maybe a smidgen OTT. But if you hate something so much, it may seem OTT to others, and offensive to the rest. See above.

Dude. Seriously. It hurt my ears.

Jeff Buckley is sex to my ears.

Lady GaGa is rape.

That's all I'm saying. The proof is in the pudding.

Edited by Roostophe
Automerged Doublepost

Ok I gave the two tracks above a fair listen, even though I was tempted to skip them or mute partway through - I didn't - though I kind of wish I had :/ I was expecting them to maybe get better halfway through like some songs do but they didn't.

Poker Face - just... I didn't find anything likable about it apart from when it was over.

Paparazzi - I liked the beat in the background of it, but as soon as the lyrics came in there was nothing more for me to like, yes she can sing but I don't really like her voice and in my experience if you don't like the voice then that's never a good start but even then that can sometimes be redeemed if the lyrics are good but in this case, for me, they weren't.

Still each to their own and if some people like her music then great I guess, but it's just not for me. :)

Really like this song and this video for some reason.

And a music video for anyone who liked the 80s a little too much...

Not too bad a track. Repetitive though.

Question, BigStereo user, correct?

Moi? If not, ignore this comment!!

Ages ago! And then Google chrome randomly erased my bookmarks. :mad:

You've just reminded me what it was called. Cheers! I love that site. :smile:

I'm just asking cause you always post what's on their front page here. : P

Yeah, I tend to post the more popular songs so it's no surprise they are going to be on the big bloghouse sites.

Ohh! Crapp... is my daily port of call (I basically post everything on there. :p ) but I have about 10 sites that I check regularly. BIGSTEREO used to be one, and it shall be again! :D

...got a couple months backlog to check up on now. :heh:

Villan, you're such a load of crap sometimes.

Suddenly I'm Lady GaGa's biggest fan. I hate how she presents herself, the bullshit she talks, all I said was that the album was fun enough to listen to, saved by good production.

At least S.C.G's post shows some sort of maturity and realism. He doesn't like it at all really. That's clear, yet he gave it a proper go too, and wasn't stupid about it.

It's not even about her (never was, it was about the fact I was coming around from dislike-meh-mild like), you just really annoy me sometimes.

-----

I was giving OK Computer a listen today. I have 4 Radiohead albums, and I like them and think they're great, but I don't...know them enough. It's like I'm on the cusp. I kinda "know" In Rainbows best, but that's pretty accessible (and it was my first album by them I listened to). I know I love bits of The Bends, and all of Kid A, but it's a bit of a case of "One Long Song" atm.

I want that to change, as they're really good. *dilemma*

Might be time for the old "listen to the albums backwards*.

Edited by Paj!

Sooo... does anyone like Pet Shop Boys or is it just the gay people?

I mean, I like them too, and I'm not gay. I just figured chair/paj/notsomuchhaggisthesedays would be interested in them at least for their whole avant-garde approach to their music (which I personally find massively amazing that they've stuck with it so solidly and so completely for so long).

I'm just asking cause you always post what's on their front page here. : P

Lol, busted :P

I mean, I like them too, and I'm not gay. I just figured chair/paj/notsomuchhaggisthesedays would be interested in them at least for their whole avant-garde approach to their music (which I personally find massively amazing that they've stuck with it so solidly and so completely for so long).

I'm not gay. I've never been overly interested in Pet Shop Boys.

I liked that on their new album cover, it reads "Yes, Pet Shop Boys". Instead of just the standard space between title and band. ::shrug:

Paj - not trying to stir here but you got to realise that you'll find more and more people annoying the less you care about coming across as a preacher. If you're not discussing with a friend then you're arguing with an enemy, so you can't be offended, really.

I'm not gay. I've never been overly interested in Pet Shop Boys.

I liked that on their new album cover, it reads "Yes, Pet Shop Boys". Instead of just the standard space between title and band. ::shrug:

Yeah I know you're not gay. Maybe you should read up on them, I think you'd admire them for at least doing what they're doing.

Paj - not trying to stir here but you got to realise that you'll find more and more people annoying the less you care about coming across as a preacher. If you're not discussing with a friend then you're arguing with an enemy, so you can't be offended, really.

I'm not offended. I don't take offence when people say they hate an artist I'm not that big a fan of either. :p But I get what you mean. (Actually i don't- Do you mean, the more I care about coming across as a preacher? otherwise it doesn't make sense to me..)

Yeah I know you're not gay. Maybe you should read up on them, I think you'd admire them for at least doing what they're doing.

I know their sound, like Neil Tennant (?) kinda sprechensang (or whatever the term of speak-singing is) over the beat etc. I might look into them at some point, more in depth.

Why notsomuchme? I do indeed like them.

I'm not offended. I don't take offence when people say they hate an artist I'm not that big a fan of either. :p But I get what you mean. (Actually i don't- Do you mean, the more I care about coming across as a preacher? otherwise it doesn't make sense to me..)

Well I mean to say that you are clearly finding strength in your musical opinion, and you are proud that you have an ear for quality and of course you both want to share good music, but also your good taste; you want people to recognise you for that. What I mean is that the more you go after the 'recognition' for being a music critic, the less people will respectfully disagree with you (and choose rather to just flat out resort to name-calling and what-not).

If... that makes any sense at all.

I know their sound, like Neil Tennant (?) kinda sprechensang (or whatever the term of speak-singing is) over the beat etc. I might look into them at some point, more in depth.

They're just... so very aware of what music they like, of what their life beliefs are and they don't take shit from anyone, yet they're so very down to earth and definitively odd as people (though... though I do think there's a large element of persona about them).

They're just cool. :P

Why notsomuchme? I do indeed like them.

I just thought you and Paj have been arguing a bit in this thread :) Glad you like 'em! I need to get more of their stuff.

But thanks for backing up my "you like them if you're gay" thing :P

I just thought you and Paj have been arguing a bit in this thread :) Glad you like 'em! I need to get more of their stuff.

But thanks for backing up my "you like them if you're gay" thing :P

Lol, just because we argue, doesn't mean we can't also agree sometimes. :)

--

God, I'm addicted to Girlfriend. I watched the video again, and it hit me "Oh..my..god, YOU MASSIVE WHORE!" (As in the lyrical content of the song, not her in general). I now love it more so.

Edited by Slaggis

Villan, you're such a load of crap sometimes.

Awesomeness, actually. :indeed: :awesome:

And that awesomeness is ALWAYS! Oh, hell yeah, motherfucker.