NEurope

Lol! Damn. Try the other...just incase. You never know, you may like it. I'm giving it a proper listen now, and I'm loving "Secret"... "You can write a millions letters confessing to me that I am the girl of your dreams, but nobody ever asked me. I never looked at you that way.....'cos I always thought you were gay". Utterly stupid...but I like it. I just like that you can tell (unlike a few artists where it's obvious they don't) they actually have a lot of input with the lyrics because all the songs have a personality about them. (As in, I knew which was the only song on Hooked Me Up they didn't have a hand it writing just by listening to it).

Then again...you'll hate it. Ignore me.

I don't think I will. :p lol

To be fair, after that post, it seems they actually decided to every (any) thing good after the first two (shit) songs.

'This something' was good. This Is How It Feels. That was the highlight.

I didn't listen the whole way through. :santa:

Back to School Of Seven Bells for me.

Arg! I can't get this song out of my head. I chuffing love it.

^ I would hate that song if it wasn't for it being so very fun on Guitar Hero/Rock Band.

Insane!

Knowing a band like that it's probably their only marginally good song.

What little of their other stuff I've heard is also pretty good. Monsoon seems a little "soft" compared to the other songs I've heard.

They're remind me of Hoobastank, with "Monsoon" being their "Reason".

Edited by Goafer

^ That one wasn't too bad. Nothing brilliant but it didn't seem too shite IMO... :hmm:

I may invest in their album if I see it in town tomorrow. It's quite hard to find their music to listen to more. There isn't much on iTunes and Spotify and I don't like the "other" methods of getting music.

What little of their other stuff I've heard is also pretty good. Monsoon seems a little "soft" compared to the other songs I've heard.

The vocals are the worst thing I've ever heard in my life.

They just sound whiney. Like a 15 year-old boy singing.

*attempts to raise the tone a little*

Classic track :) must get their second album sometime soon... >> *has Dummy and Third*

Edited by S.C.G

I was violently sick at the sudden shift in quality from atrocious to astounding. Tokio Hotel to Portishead. Brilliant. *wobbles off*

But yeah, Tokio Hotel and (after having a go) The Veronicas are truly woeful. [/Conclusion for the day]

*attempts to raise the tone a little*

Classic track :) must get their second album sometime soon... >> *has Dummy and Third*

Their second album is amazing. I might have told you this before...obviously cut from the same cloth as Dummy, but has a starker sense of darkness, which you can see in Third (though the two albums are very different).

I like them all equally actually. I find I can listen to Third the whole way through more often (seems the opposite with most poeple..).

Their second album is amazing. I might have told you this before...obviously cut from the same cloth as Dummy, but has a starker sense of darkness, which you can see in Third (though the two albums are very different).

I like them all equally actually. I find I can listen to Third the whole way through more often (seems the opposite with most poeple..).

I just went and ordered not only Portishead's second self titled album but also all three Royksopp albums too, something I've been meaning to do for a while. :)

Also I'm glad to hear that your listening of OK Computer is going well Paj, it's a quality album and don't worry about not being able to distinguish the tracks too much as I find that it's one of those rare albums that tends to flow flawlessly into each track so that when you listen, it's all one big amazing aural experience Imo.

Oh and for anyone who's been considering getting into Elbow, now is a good time as you can currently get all four albums for a quite amazing £14... seriously I think that it's a very small price to pay for the wealth of excellent music that's contained on those four discs. : peace:

Oh and for anyone who's been considering getting into Elbow, now is a good time as you can currently get all four albums for a quite amazing £14... seriously I think that it's a very small price to pay for the wealth of excellent music that's contained on those four discs. : peace:

wh-wh-what? From where? Fucking love Seldom Seen Kid, amazing album. I fancy getting their other stuff.

Also, criminally underrated band Gomez just released a new album days ago. Haven't heard it yet, will get some impressions for you lot soon.

Anyone who hasn't famialarised themselves with A Woman A Man Walked By by John Parish & Polly Jean Harvey is missing out on a truly engaging musical experience. They (she in particular) is always one to turn to for someone interesting and challenging.

Urge everyone to listen. It's sort of jumping in at the deep end of of what they/she offers, but then it also serves as a sampler of what they/she can do.

The title track and April are favourites atm.

It's on Spotify, go listen!

They're the next Rasmus/Evanescence, homie. A taste of The Distillers and a trail of generic pop-emo. Maybe chuck in some Good Charlotte for their teeny-bop, I-hate-my-parents lyrics. I wonder what they were like before they let someone else be in charge of their wardrobe, tbh.

Get your head into Brand New if you want some decent emo!

wh-wh-what? From where? Fucking love Seldom Seen Kid, amazing album. I fancy getting their other stuff.

Also, criminally underrated band Gomez just released a new album days ago. Haven't heard it yet, will get some impressions for you lot soon.

On Play.com Dyson, actually for w/e reason all three of their previous albums have been £2.99 for ages on there lol heres a quick summary for you...

Asleep in the Back - Their first album is their most underrated I feel, there is more repitition of lyrics - mainly in the first track - but it's the way that it's all brought together, that makes it work so well; some genuinely decent tracks on there like Newborn that start off slow but build up to something more epic, either way there is a lot to like about their debut album.

Cast of Thousands - My personal favourite <3 this was the first Elbow album that I listened to thanks to someone special who introduced me to them and I still genuinely think it's the best of the lot; it's just so drastically different from their other albums, has an excellent opening track - Ribcage - and many other quality entries such as Fugitive Motel, Snooks, Not a job, Buttons and Zips, Grace Under Pressure and the best track on there Imo which is Switching Off, which is one of those tracks that you just need to hear. :)

Leaders of the Free World - Comes a pretty close second tbh, again this is different from their previous albums but mainly because this sound seems to have become their standard; lots of good tracks on here including another strong opening track in Station Approach, actually like with Cast of Thousands I really like every track but a few of the standout ones for me are Picky Bugger, Forget Myself, Mexican Standoff, The Everthere and my favourite which is the title track Leaders of the Free world which pretty much has it all, the build-up, lyrics, pacing... I just love it basically. :heh:

The Seldom Seen Kid - I know you allready have this one but I'm gonna summarise what I like about it anyway for completionists sake lol another excellent opener in Starlings other excellent tracks for me include Bones of You, Grounds for Divorce, Audience with the Pope, Fix and One Day Like This which I really love and although I prefer the older albums I can't deny the quality of their latest work.

I hope this helps you Dyson and maybe a few others who may be interested in them : peace: bare in mind though that my opinion is pretty bias as I just really love their music and they not be everyones cup of tea but if you've ever been curious about them then by all means please give them a listen as there is a lot to like about them Imo. ^^

----------------------------------------------------

Portishead related note, We Carry On from Third is a new favourite track now I think. :)

Edited by S.C.G

Deep Water is my fave Portishead song.

I hate your lies with intent to provoke.

I know your favourite is Roads anyway.

I loved hearing Voice Inside My Head by Dixie Chicks in TGI Friday's today. A classic from when I first got iTunes.

Only just heard this, but I love it so much more than the original. Estelle's voice annoyed me.

...Oh wait...I might have heard it before. God, I'm dense. But still, damn good.

Edited by Slaggis

Only just heard this, but I love it so much more than the original. Estelle's voice annoyed me.

I don't like Sam Sparro. His album I never warmed to. Just an adverse reaction to every song I've heard. Not sure why.

----

I was considering buying tickets for the one-off Tori Amos show in London at the end of the month, despite my parents saying I couldn't go, but then I found out a ticket is £46 (for stalls). Great. So I check my account, and realise I only have £42!1!p1k1j11j And they go on sale at 9am tomorrow, and will be sold out by 10.

So I could buy a ticket for the circle, hoping that my parents will let me go if I already bought a ticket, but it would be in the circle (SHIT) and I'd be by myself (annoying, but I would be prepared to do that, but realistically i'd prefer the stalls if I was by myself).

I think I should just wait for the main tour to start. I will cut myself in front my entire family if the dates in the Uk are during Exam time though. Actually will.

Then I think, I could buy a ticket tomorrow morning, and then sell it on if I can't go...but the very fact I wouldn't be too keen to go with said ticket myself just makes me a tout or whatever. :weep:

I'd technically go, but I'm kinda not prepared to pay the £150+ the whole endeavour would cost.

I'd technically go, but I'm kinda not prepared to pay the £150+ the whole endeavour would cost.

I have a railcard that lets me get to london for like...£20 or whatever a cheap cost is.

Bu I have to have a "child" with me. I could dress you as a minor. A really tall one.

I think we should just continue with our original plan of backpacking across Europe following her, ok?

I'm sorry, but having heard Welcome To England, I can't not admit to myself that Tori has become Fori.

Realistically, why listen to AATS when I have AWAMWB to listen to?

But still, I'd love to chase her across Europe.

I'm sorry, but having heard Welcome To England, I can't not admit to myself that Tori has become Fori.

Realistically, why listen to AATS when I have AWAMWB to listen to?

But still, I'd love to chase her across Europe.

I think that's a question we all have to answer at some point in our lives. Some people are destined to forever be EWF's in some form.

Plus she has an amazing history/catalogue of videos and downloads to explore, not counting her AMAZING back catalogue of studio albums.

I now understand why Tegan and Sara bundled Kaki King into the studio to record the guitar parts on The Con.

Kaki King is a genius. Literally a bit too good at playing guitar.

I love how she was named the first ever Guitar Goddess by Rolling Stone.

She does a cover of Justin Timberlake's Lovestoned too.

I technically prefer the original, but this is lovely to hear.

I got tickets for the Tori Amos performance this morning at the Savoy Theatre in London. I am WAY too excited!