NEurope

for those with an ear for quality: Fever Ray- the solo endeavour from the lady half of The Knife is out. Post natal insomnia is explored by

Echoing, brooding and dark synths, incredible production aesthetics and everything you'll know The Knife for, stripped of their dance influences. It's perhaps closer to trentmoller. Absolutely thrilling stuff- it's great to have such a talented artist back.

Spotify have it, though I'm not sure when it's in shops

oh and paj: I have 'lashes tickets for the 12th. Looking forward to it :)

for those with an ear for quality: Fever Ray- the solo endeavour from the lady half of The Knife is out. Post natal insomnia is explored by

Echoing, brooding and dark synths, incredible production aesthetics and everything you'll know The Knife for, stripped of their dance influences. It's perhaps closer to trentmoller. Absolutely thrilling stuff- it's great to have such a talented artist back.

Spotify have it, though I'm not sure when it's in shops

I have some random song from Fever Ray. It was perplexing. Not relistened, but will investiagte the album as a whole.

oh and paj: I have 'lashes tickets for the 12th. Looking forward to it :)

It'll be brill. There's a bit of "Sleep Alone" (from the new album) on her website, which is supposed to show what it'll be like live.

I wonder if they'll revamp some of the older stuff to include more beatz.

Ooh I listened to this last week. :grin: absolutely brilliant, I agree.

Did not realise that it was made by the lady half of The Knife! awesome, I love it more now. :D

One of my favourite/most listened to mash-ups is Only U Can Keep Me High & Dry.

It's brilliant. Not sure who made it. Ashanti's vocal works surprisingly well with Radiohead.

I'm so happy The Veronicas are finally going to make a go of it over here. They're huge in Australia, and just hit the top 20 with Untouched in America...so it was about time. It's the only song by an australian band to be downloaded more than a million times in America.

Anyway, the first single is going to be Untouched. It's so incredibly catchy after a couple of listens.

I think their new album comes out at the end of this year, so it seems a bit of an odd time to be releasing this one. Anyways, if you like that then check out the album. Take Me On The Floor, Popular and Hook Me Up are damn good.

Edited by Slaggis

Zeromancer on the 10th April, and HORSE The Band at the same venue at the end of the month! FUCK YEAH!

I luckily have VIP tickets to PJ Harvey/John Parish on either the 20th or 21st, not sure which date we're going to yet. :)

I luckily have VIP tickets to PJ Harvey/John Parish on either the 20th or 21st, not sure which date we're going to yet. :)

Ooh cool! What do you get with VIP tickets?

--

Listening to Jewellery by Micachu. It's lovely so far. I love that all the tracks are really short, then the final one is 25 minutes long.

My sister, a big Fight Like Apes fan, just phoned to tell me that they just played Lumpy Dough in Topshop.

All I can say is, despite hating Topshop, the person who chooses the music is a brilliant person.

I love Lumpy Dough too much.

I just borrowed Arular by M.I.A and Poses by Rufus Wainwright off a famly friend.

Always meant to listen to them/get them.

Well after my bank decided to prevent me spending my own money, I've finally gotten a hold of Julien-K's debut Death to Analog and first impressions are really good.

This is the first album I've ever personally not listened to any of before getting the physical copy since I've had access to torrents, youtube and spotify. So many years of waiting have finally come to fruition.

Got the special edition with the remixes too, but I've not had chance to listen to them yet.

I love.

I was at my friend's flat, and we each chose a song off our iPods, and put them on the speakers and listened.

I, in a really random fashion, chose Failure by Laura Marling.

I don't know what came over me. Considering I've not listened to Laura Marling in ages.

But rest assured I had a moment of pleasure during it.

My friends chose some song by Opeth, which I was surprised at how un-metally it was and I quite enjoyed it; a Muse song, which was a bit meh; and Zero by Yeah Yeah Yeahs, which was lovely to hear considering I've not really listened to the album properly yet.

Surely it'll either not happen or be utter turd?

I've got my doubts. But the opportunity was too much for me to miss. If I expect it to be shit, I'll be pleased if it turns out to be a good night out.

I've been putting It's Blitz! through it's paces again, and I like very much. Satisfyingly maturity of a great sound by a band smart enough to move with the times. Some really great ideas involved, and some quality song craft on show. Hurrah!

I love.

I was at my friend's flat, and we each chose a song off our iPods, and put them on the speakers and listened.

I, in a really random fashion, chose Failure by Laura Marling.

I don't know what came over me. Considering I've not listened to Laura Marling in ages.

I randomly decided to listen to Laura Marling after not listening to her for ages yesterday as well although I was on my own cos I'm a massive loner.

a Muse song, which was a bit meh.

DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE (unless it was Starlight (also I jest please don't die))

Ooh cool! What do you get with VIP tickets?

Not sure yet, changes from venue to venue. We got VIP for The Mighty Boosh Live and the 02 arena. There it was one of those booths above everyone else with a good view and attendants doing whatever we wanted.

Not sure yet, changes from venue to venue. We got VIP for The Mighty Boosh Live and the 02 arena. There it was one of those booths above everyone else with a good view and attendants doing whatever we wanted.

I imagined it would be like..afternoon tea with John and Polly Jean! :p

---

I feel like Ok Computer has properly clicked with me, finally. The first time in ages/ever, I WANTED to listen to it fully.

Still couldn't differentiate half the tracks from any other, but yeah. Obviously good etc.

I'm so happy The Veronicas are finally going to make a go of it over here. They're huge in Australia, and just hit the top 20 with Untouched in America...so it was about time. It's the only song by an australian band to be downloaded more than a million times in America.

Anyway, the first single is going to be Untouched. It's so incredibly catchy after a couple of listens.

I think their new album comes out at the end of this year, so it seems a bit of an odd time to be releasing this one. Anyways, if you like that then check out the album. Take Me On The Floor, Popular and Hook Me Up are damn good.

The album was released in Norway last week. Not the first time albums are released before UK or never released in UK at all. Kate Voegele(Mia from One Tree Hill) comes to mind. Weird.

Anyway, I bought both albums two weeks ago off iTunes and I absolutly adore them. 700 plays and counting^^

The album was released in Norway last week. Not the first time albums are released before UK or never released in UK at all. Kate Voegele(Mia from One Tree Hill) comes to mind. Weird.

Anyway, I bought both albums two weeks ago off iTunes and I absolutly adore them. 700 plays and counting^^

The albums have been on sale here for a bout a year (according to iTunes).

I assume Haggis is referring to a push by their record label for success here.

Hooked Me Up is SO much better than The Secret Life Of...with the latter having a few to many cliche lyrics. Then again, that's probably because I love electro-pop so much. I just love some of their lyrics. They're obviously not amazingly deep considering they're a mainstream pop "band", but some of them are utterly relatable (Like Revenge is Sweeter Than You Ever Were and This Is How It Feels). Take Me On The Floor is just so damn sexy, because it's obvious what they actually mean. Then in 4ever, "And I wanna spend the night with you, come with me tonight, we can make the night last forever"...it's again obvious what they actually mean, which I love.

Oh, and "Popular". The beat is...yum, and the are lyrics damn catchy, however ridiculous they actually are. It amazes me when people think they're actually being serious.

The albums have been on sale here for a bout a year (according to iTunes).

I assume Haggis is referring to a push by their record label for success here.

I am indeed. They're about to start promotion, finally. They were available in the US for months and months before they finally did the promotion and made it big with 4ever and Untouched.

Edited by Slaggis
Automerged Doublepost

They aren't for me. I find them a bit dull. I have encountered them a couple of times throughout the years and keep being unimpressed. ::shrug:

I am quite open-minded to electro-y stuff though. Maybe they have some hidden gems in the albums themselves.

---

Polly Scattergood is playing at Sneaky Pete's here on the 13th...18's+ though.

It doesn't say ID required, like it does for some other gigs, but I dunno how strict gigs are about age requirements. I could just buy the tickets, only £6, and it's not that big a deal if we don't get in, but still.

For good measure;

:bouncy:

They aren't for me. I find them a bit dull. I have encountered them a couple of times throughout the years and keep being unimpressed. ::shrug:

I am quite open-minded to electro-y stuff though. Maybe they have some hidden gems in the albums themselves.

You should definitely give the second album a proper try, I'm sure there would at least be one or two songs you might like, at least....hopefully. Then again I could be entirely wrong. But, I'd agree with the dull comment for the second half of their first album. The first 4 songs (all singles) were great...and then it kind of got yawn-worthy.

You should definitely give the second album a proper try, I'm sure there would at least be one or two songs you might like, at least....hopefully. Then again I could be entirely wrong. But, I'd agree with the dull comment for the second half of their first album. The first 4 songs (all singles) were great...and then it kind of got yawn-worthy.

Listening to Hook Me Up now (the album).

Not promising, the looped violin bit in Untouched is so promising, as is one bit I remember, then it falls on it's fat ass. Actually kinda cringey. REALLY empty and flat. When they/she starts going "alalalala" as though that'd save the song, I screwed up my face.

I like the single couplet resist you/miss you.

My god what a mess. (Relative to what it could have been). I see how far I get into this album! :p

Listening to Hook Me Up now (the album).

Not promising, the looped violin bit in Untouched is so promising, as is one bit I remember, then it falls on it's fat ass. Actually kinda cringey. REALLY empty and flat. When they/she starts going "alalalala" as though that'd save the song, I screwed up my face.

I like the single couplet resist you/miss you.

My god what a mess. (Relative to what it could have been). I see how far I get into this album! :p

Lol! Damn. Try the other...just incase. You never know, you may like it. I'm giving it a proper listen now, and I'm loving "Secret"... "You can write a millions letters confessing to me that I am the girl of your dreams, but nobody ever asked me. I never looked at you that way.....'cos I always thought you were gay". Utterly stupid...but I like it. I just like that you can tell (unlike a few artists where it's obvious they don't) they actually have a lot of input with the lyrics because all the songs have a personality about them. (As in, I knew which was the only song on Hooked Me Up they didn't have a hand it writing just by listening to it).

Then again...you'll hate it. Ignore me.

Edited by Slaggis