NEurope

Lake Heartbeat are awesome. They only have two songs and 'Between Dreams' is just amazing and chilled. Perfect for a lazy Sunday. :smile:

lhbmysteryhead2.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/lakeheartbeat

Annoyingly that song isn't up on Spotify yet but another, 'Mystery' is up. Which is quite nice.

^ gave both 'Mystery' and 'Between Dreams' a listen and I have to agree, they're both very good. Perfect for chilling out to. Nice find. I'll bookmark it now and add them to my Myspace later (music = only reason I have an account there)

I love how the new Yeah Yeah Yeahs album is so familiar.

I knew how Heads Will Roll went before I had even finished listening to it - it's like I've heard it a dozen times before.

Not the best song on there but I really like Heads Will Roll, I want to dance to it...now! :)

I'm currently listening to Vampire Weekend. It's perfect sunny day getting ready to go out for a mother's day meal music.

I'm really loving this. It's been around for a couple weeks but only just gave it a listen.

^ gave both 'Mystery' and 'Between Dreams' a listen and I have to agree, they're both very good. Perfect for chilling out to. Nice find. I'll bookmark it now and add them to my Myspace later (music = only reason I have an account there)

I'm in that kind of mood. Know anyone else that is good for Sunday laziness?

@ Daft - Nothing really comes to mind other than perhaps 'Soul Meet Body' by Death Cab For Cutie but it's probably not the same thing. I enjoy listening to it on a lazy sunday though. That and perhaps some Lighthouse Family, which I'm listening to now. Nice way to chill out.

I've noticed you around.....I find you very attractive....would you, umm....

Hadn't heard this in so long, I love it.

Absolutely loving Junior, Royksopp (thank you spotify). The first two tracks are completely addictive, but I enjoy it all the way through. Silver Cruiser and You don't have a clue are amazing, plus this is great piece of music:

Royksopp Forever

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Forgot to say, that is an awesome song.

Only given the album a quick listen. Takes me a couple weeks for an album to click with me. :heh:

@ Daft - Nothing really comes to mind other than perhaps 'Soul Meet Body' by Death Cab For Cutie but it's probably not the same thing. I enjoy listening to it on a lazy sunday though. That and perhaps some Lighthouse Family, which I'm listening to now. Nice way to chill out.

I'll give them a try.

The Whitest Boy Alive is the only other band I can think of that majorly has that vibe.

Please stop posting utter shit, Haggis.

Please fuck off. I'll post what I like, Dyson.

I'll give them a try as well Daft. Was just such a nice day today that I was in the mood for the sort of music that's laid back like Lake Heartbeat so was nice to hear some.

So Uncut magazine have let slip that the Latitude headliners are

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Pet Shop Boys and Grace Jones.

Very disappointed. Nick Cave is cool but not fussed about PSB and Grace Jones, what the hell? She should be like 3rd on the list in a tent, defo not headline material.

Ah well i'm still going, will be my 3rd year, just have to find something else to do which to be fair there is shit loads more going on other than the headliners, but was just hoping for better than grace jones.........

just hoping for better than grace jones.........

Have you heard her new album?

It's brilliant. She'd be an epic headliner, but I agree an odd choice, and probably better appreciated as you said, lower down. But to doubt the quality of her recent stuff... *puts on boxing gloves*

Grace Jones was apparently pretty awesome at Secret Garden Party.

I'll give them a try as well Daft. Was just such a nice day today that I was in the mood for the sort of music that's laid back like Lake Heartbeat so was nice to hear some.

Sorry if I've posted this before, http://www.myspace.com/thewhitestboyalive

'Island' is off their new album which is out soon.

The Whitest Boy Alive - Island

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

There is a better full version on their MySpace page.

The album was leaked on the internet a couple months ago. It's really good. Another song on it I love is 'Courage'. Really laid back.

This is them playing it live,

I love his voice.

Please stop posting utter shit, Haggis.

I'm ashamed to admit, I LOL'd. :weep:

Grace Jones is awesome.

--------

Wow, just heard Bat For Lashes' new single Daniel for the first time!

daniel.jpg

It's unbelievable! So accessible and mainstream, yet so good!

It does what Kate Bush set out to do with Hounds Of Love, but better.

I'm so excited for the new album. The first album was very, very impressive - from what I've heard of the new material it's much stronger.

Edited by chairdriver
Automerged Doublepost

I'm in love with Royksopp's new album. I need to buy it. (Listening on Spotify)

Grace Jones is awesome.

--------

Wow, just heard Bat For Lashes' new single Daniel for the first time!

daniel.jpg

It's unbelievable! So accessible and mainstream, yet so good!

It does what Kate Bush set out to do with Hounds Of Love, but better.

I'm so excited for the new album. The first album was very, very impressive - from what I've heard of the new material it's much stronger.

overstatement!

however, it is absolutely brilliant. I'm very much looking forward to her new album. She's playing Leeds soon too- think I'll be going to that!

Grace Jones was apparently pretty awesome at Secret Garden Party.

Hmmm, she was alright. Decent enough and entertaining. Her costumes made her like a human sculpture. However, she often disappeared for costume changes, for often up to 5 minutes leaving just the band on stage. This led to her only managing to do about 6 tracks before she got cut off due to restrictions on the stage licence. So while she was on stage it was fantastic, but overall it was disappointing.

I'm unsure of the legality, but Bat For Lashes' new album Two Suns can be found on the internet, should the desire take you. I suspect it should- two listens in and it's amazing.

I've been giving Shakira's Oral Fixation 2 a proper listen and I'm totally in lovr with it. I love some of the lyrics (I had no idea she writes lots herself), and most of the songs manage to sound amazingly sexy. "Animal City" is one of my faves...she's pissed off, but in that come and get me kind of way.

I'm unsure of the legality, but Bat For Lashes' new album Two Suns can be found on the internet, should the desire take you. I suspect it should- two listens in and it's amazing.

Yeah, it's been out for a while. I'm considering finding it, then getting the proper CD later, as I'm seeing her two days after the Cd comes out, which doesn't give me proper time to absorb the album...

---

My current favourtie song. Just brilliant; (New Order)

The remastered version I have is so sexually appealing.

Ha! Crazy coincidence, I've been listening to that over the past couple days. :heh:

Ha! Crazy coincidence, I've been listening to that over the past couple days. :heh:

Same here. Heard it for the first time in AGES a week or so ago. Fell back in love with that and Blue Monday.

overstatement!

however, it is absolutely brilliant. I'm very much looking forward to her new album. She's playing Leeds soon too- think I'll be going to that!

I'm not overstating - I love Daniel.

So much.