NEurope

I do like A plus D's mash-ups. I have Mammoth Boyz (or whatever it's called), Interpol vs. M.I.A.

Having relistened to Sweet Escape, inspired by Dan Dare, I've concluded that Don't Get It Twisted is my favourite. The opening, and the melody of "What's the matter with the heat I'm acting really oo-od?".

I do like A plus D's mash-ups. I have Mammoth Boyz (or whatever it's called), Interpol vs. M.I.A.

Got any linkage?

Got any linkage?

Nope, I found it online about 2 years ago, and therefore haven't the foggiest as to where I got it from. Sorry! :blush:

---

More Tori-ness; (you can ignore it if you want, but her fans are famously dedicated etc)

Her setlist from SXSW last night/this morning.

Lady in Blue

Curtain Call

Crucify

Cloud On My Tongue

Beauty of Speed

Mary Jane

Take To The Sky

Silent All These Years

Barons of Suburbia

Just giving Lady In Blue a listen now, and It's probably my fave that we've heard so far. Very Purple People. However, I fear that after studio production, it'll become similar to Dragon (not a bad thing, but it's so nice, without the "effects"), or have cheesy guitar bits in it.

This also gives perhaps an idea of the songs she'll play on tour. Of course she basically shuffles her back catalogue and makes a setlist out of it, but IIRC, she never played Cloud On My Tongue on the ADP tour.

Edited by Paj!
Automerged Doublepost

I just obtained Incredibad, and am listening to it at the mo.

Hmm, this shit is wack...WHO SAID WE'RE WACK?!

Sorry, it's actually rather good. So good it's made me...y'know.

:grin:

I just obtained Incredibad, and am listening to it at the mo.

Hmm, this shit is wack...WHO SAID WE'RE WACK?!

Sorry, it's actually rather good. So good it's made me...y'know.

:grin:

Lmao, you don't even have to say it :D

YOU SAID WE'RE WACK?! YOU TAKE IT BACK!

Bloody love that album. Boombox must be my personal fave off of Incredibad. Space Olympics coupled with the video in a close second!

Nope, I found it online about 2 years ago, and therefore haven't the foggiest as to where I got it from. Sorry! :blush:

---

More Tori-ness; (you can ignore it if you want, but her fans are famously dedicated etc)

Her setlist from SXSW last night/this morning.

Lady in Blue

Curtain Call

Crucify

Cloud On My Tongue

Beauty of Speed

Mary Jane

Take To The Sky

Silent All These Years

Barons of Suburbia

Just giving Lady In Blue a listen now, and It's probably my fave that we've heard so far. Very Purple People. However, I fear that after studio production, it'll become similar to Dragon (not a bad thing, but it's so nice, without the "effects"), or have cheesy guitar bits in it.

This also gives perhaps an idea of the songs she'll play on tour. Of course she basically shuffles her back catalogue and makes a setlist out of it, but IIRC, she never played Cloud On My Tongue on the ADP tour.

I might just love you right there. I find myself listening to Mary Jane over and over again.

I might just love you right there. I find myself listening to Mary Jane over and over again.

*nods*

Only given Curtain Call and Lady In Blue one listen (I don't want to overlisten to them), but Lady In Blue sounds brilliant. Mary Jane I've listened to a few times now!

Right now;

Lady In Blue = Mary Jane > Welcome To England = Curtain Call > Fire To Your Plain >>> 500 miles.

She looks better without her old wig.

Now;

85526360.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193B946C5A518E7D4C154F5B974952B1E5EE30A760B0D811297

Then;

2007-06-03_009.jpg

She's hot stuff without the wig. I'd totally turn for her. I for some reason find: Fire to Your Plain = Welcome To England > Mary Jane > The Rest.

I'd love a Toriphiles thread, shame it'd never be allowed.

I think she's a stunning woman, I know a lot of people don't think so. (She's getting on a bit now, but still...compared to most 45 year olds..)

Back in the day (around FTCH) she was sexy as hell, imo. Of "the three", her, PJ and Bjork, she's the best, definitely. She's, literally, a MILF (to use her own description...).

----

I listened to Our Love To Admire by Interpol for the fisr time today. I always loved the cover art of the album and the singles, and the bit I knew of Mammoth.

It was pretty good after just the one listen.

----

I'm currently, and will finish once I have more money on my card, buying all original versions of the songs on Tori Amos' Strange Little Girls cover album. These being;

New Age - Velvet Undergrounf

'97 Bonnie & Clyde - Eminem

Strange Little Girl - Tori Amos

Enjoy The Silence - Depeche Mode

I'm Not In Love - 10cc

Rattlesnakes - Lloyd Cole & The Commotions

Time - Tori Amos

Heart Of Gold - Neil Young (Her version of this is insane. Like, when an explosion makes coherent, enjoyable rock)

I Don't Like Mondays - Boomtown Rats

Happiness Is A Warm Gun - Beatles

Raining Blood - Slayer

Real Men - Joe Jackson

I love the fact Eminem and Slayer being covered by Tori Amos. I'm still enjoying the fact, years after it came out.

Our love To Admire is a thing of beauty. It's got some amazing tracks on. Pioneer to The Falls and Lighthouse live were just...something else, emotionally. I just stood there, blissful, feeling the sound flow over me in the crowd.

Our love To Admire is a thing of beauty. It's got some amazing tracks on. Pioneer to The Falls and Lighthouse live were just...something else, emotionally. I just stood there, blissful, feeling the sound flow over me in the crowd.

Yeah, it's a great album. I love Interpol. I always get urges to listen to them. They remind me of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas simply because I listened to them a lot while reading it. Not a bad association. :heh:

The only Interpol song I have is Evil, and I like it quite alot. Will have to check out some more.

I thought Our Love To Admire was pretty decent. Some very good tracks, but the album didn't flow well for me.

This is amazing

Everything that man touches turns to gold.

EDIT:

Also, out of pure curiosity:

Opinions?

Edited by Oxigen_Waste

Oxigen, that is the worst piece of music I've ever listened to. It actually manages to sound worse than a fork scratching a plate. I imagine that this is what they use to torture POWs?

Awesome little stop motion music video here. Not a bad song either.

Oren Lavie - Her Morning Elegance

Everything that man touches turns to gold.

EDIT:

Also, out of pure curiosity:

Opinions?

I was strangely starting to like that until about 2 minutes in where I just had to switch it off. I'd probably never listen to it again though. Noise music isn't my thing. :heh:

Amazing.

Haha!! Was listening to this yesterday evening! Still love the Robot song most. :smile:

Edited by Daft
Automerged Doublepost

rugh. Noise aint my bag. I found that particularly hideous. I'm in to some pretty crazy sounding shit but that was just intolerable.

Yeah, there's time when you take things so far they become bad.

Our love To Admire is a thing of beauty.

Interpol are awesome, I've loved that album since it came out, I have their previous albums too which are definitely worth picking up. :)

I think Hell must've frozen over because when I was in HMV yesterday, they were playing the new Kelly Clarkson album and it sounded alright.:eek: Excuse me, I need to go and cleanse myself. Saying that just made me feel really dirty.

The thing about harsh noise is... it's definitely a grower... I don't think anyone can tolerate it at first (I sure couldn't), but it crawled it's way into my heart, slowly, but surely. I've grow to love it beyond anything else (especially that one guy, Merzbow). It's mostly a matter of ignoring your own conventions of what "music" can be.

Anywho, I'm not here to play papa hipster takes a trip up his own ass, lol, I was just curious cause that's a particularly harsh track and I wanted some opinions on it.

That video makes me so happy.

Opinions?

This makes me unhappy. Unfortunately I don't think it'll have a chance to grow on me; that would involve listening again.

I don't get how Fight Like Apes and the Mystery of the Golden Medallion is so good.

Lumpy Dough is literally one of the best songs I've ever heard. And Digifucker, Battlestations and Tie Me Up With Jackets are dazzling.

Then there's loads of fun songs like I'm Beginning To Think You Prefer Beverly Hills 90210 To Me. And Do You Karate?

Lily Allen - Not Fair

One of the best songs on the album, I absolutely love it. Now all she needs is to release 22 as a single, and I can die happy. I just love the "I'm lying here in the wet patch, in the middle of the bed, I'm feeling pretty damn hard done by, I spent ages giving head"

She's doing it live on Ant an Dec tonight too. :D

Edited by Slaggis