N-Europe

Myspace

Slaggis

I have one and mainly use it for bands. Found loads of good ones on there and been to loads of quality gigs thanks to myspace.

For example there is a band called The Wombats who you may start hearing of soon, I have had them added for ages and have also been to a few of their gigs in pubs and the other day I saw they had a video on MTV2!

I love myspace. Yes there are a load of idiots on there who dont know how to code a simple web page and instead make a horrible colourful mess!! But as I say I love it for the bands, finding new bands, finding out about secret gigs, the pre sale ticket links for gigs etc etc

My link is in my sig if you wanna check out my page.

I made a MySpace account last year after failing to get into Sixth Form at school, I found out just how many of my friends have an account: All of them! Although most of my friends are bands, ones you'll have heard of (Foo Fighters, Klaxons, Jamie T), Guitar Hero bands (Drist, Bang Camaro, Count Zero) and one band you'll never have heard of.

I also have a song on my profile, so be careful when you enter and make sure you pause it.

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently 1 in 5 employers look up information on potential employees on sites such as MySpace (though I would say that's a little high)

So whatever you put on them (posts, comments, pictures and such) could be viewed by someone who you were wanting to work for :heh:

Another reason not to use it :yay:

Facebook (as has already been said) is way better. Easier to read, organise, it has groups, a better picture viewing system, and you have peoples actual names! It's no bloody hard trying to find people on Myspace as they go by the name of Sluttygonz345lkjd etc. Rubbish.

So you cant check out bands on facebook. Who cares. Use both, just dont say myspace is better.

Facebook (as has already been said) is way better. Easier to read, organise, it has groups, a better picture viewing system, and you have peoples actual names! It's no bloody hard trying to find people on Myspace as they go by the name of Sluttygonz345lkjd etc. Rubbish.

So you cant check out bands on facebook. Who cares. Use both, just dont say myspace is better.

Just as I read that I got a message asking me to join facebook. I'll take that as a sign.