N-Europe

First video of the Penny Arcade game

Mr. Bananagrabber

From Gabe himself:

Hey guys, I just wanted to hopefully clarify some of the stuff in that trailer.

First of all, we probably should not have dropped that trailer just yet. Our 3D stuff just isn’t ready.

Okay, with that said. I’m glad we can all pretty much agree the 2D intro is cool. It shows off the detective agency that Gabe and Tycho work at and gives some clues about the world. I like it.

The decision to add the 3D stuff was made at the last minute. We were afraid people might think the entire game was 2D. We put the 3D stuff in there to show that we intend to create a 3D game. It was just way too soon to show that stuff. There are a lot of effects we have planned like cell shading that just aren’t in yet. There’s still a ton of work to do in order to really define the look of the game.

Honestly the feedback we’re getting here is super valuable so I appreciate that. I can also assure you that I would never allow the game to ship if I didn’t think it looked cool. I’m with you guys. The 3D stuff we have to show now is not up to par. I also know that the people have working on it are good people and they can do this. We’ll get it there.