N-Europe

Binge Drinking & Alcohol

conzer16

Back when I could drink I could habdle quite a load without getting hammered just a little happy, but I hate people that just drink because it's the cool and grown up thing to do. Most people (teenagers) do it because of that. It's just a sign of imaturity. WHen I drank something it would be because it'd taste good.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this jackassed tendency people have of comparing others to themselves, and if something seems out of whack, they get all crazy on your asses. Back the fuck off, I don't really feel the need to justify myself to anyone, Conzer asked a harmless question and I answered it. As for Fields, we all know that nobody ever answers anything he says unless it's to rip him, but you'd think he'd figure out that nobody likes him by now.

Still, If you really want, I invite anyone to come down to Manchester and prove me wrong, who knows, could end up being a good night ;).

I love the way you get all offended and seem to need to resort to using language with profanities and insulting people, I wasn't being mean, I was being absolutely serious; If you can have 8 pints of beer in half an hour and still be standing at the age of 17 you probably are some sort of medical miracle. Do you manage to drink it all without being sick? Of course, you wouldn't feel the need to justify yourself if you were lying, because you can't.

Either way, just getting angry and swearing a bit didn't answer the question of what you're drinking 8 pints of. I can't make it to manchester any time soon, but if you could one day film such a feat, I would be mightily impressed to see it. Until then, I'll stick to my gut instinct that you're stretching the truth a bit, or even alot for that matter.

Lol at 7-8 pints in half another whats your real name Billy Bullshit?

And in response to Rummys question it wasn't £100 on drink solely but more nights out as in drink, club entry, taxi, food etc. I did go through a stage of drinking JD in clubs biggest waste of money ever spent £18 just on JD could of gotten myself a bottle of the bloody stuff for that.

Another thing I wanted to add is regarding my hang overs when I don't drink so much I always puke the next morning where as when I drink a shit load sure I feel rough but I don't usually puke. Saying that I don't get out of bed till like 3 in the afternoon so the alcohol probably wears off

That makes alot more sense, it's part of the reason why I don't go clubbing much either, I went out in central once and it was like £8 for a single shot!

I wouldn't call myself a raging alcoholic, seeing as it's not like I'm getting smashed at breakfast everyday, but yeah, I am kind of a reclusive personality, and I don't feel comfortable around people I don't know, or sometimes even with people I do know. When I go out, it's usually just 2-4 of us. I can't really see that as a bad thing, I just don't like big crowds. As for that matter, I don't need 8 pints, but once you start drinking, you don't want to stop.

Sorry Bard, but that says it all. If once you start drinking, you don't want to stop you have a problem. A big problem.

I love the way you get all offended and seem to need to resort to using language with profanities and insulting people, I wasn't being mean, I was being absolutely serious; If you can have 8 pints of beer in half an hour and still be standing at the age of 17 you probably are some sort of medical miracle. Do you manage to drink it all without being sick? Of course, you wouldn't feel the need to justify yourself if you were lying, because you can't.

Either way, just getting angry and swearing a bit didn't answer the question of what you're drinking 8 pints of. I can't make it to manchester any time soon, but if you could one day film such a feat, I would be mightily impressed to see it. Until then, I'll stick to my gut instinct that you're stretching the truth a bit, or even alot for that matter.

That makes alot more sense, it's part of the reason why I don't go clubbing much either, I went out in central once and it was like £8 for a single shot!

I'm not getting angry, It's just that this has happened a lot, the only reason I feel the need to justify myself is because, apparently, I'm an ego maniac. Also by pint I mean that quantity of alcohol, a lot of which I'd drink in spirits (higher concn, less liquid), am I fair in saying that one full shot of a 37-40% spirit would contain roughly as much alcohol as a pint of...say Guinness? I don't think anyone could drink 8 pints in half an hour without standing in a cubicle. Fair enough, St Patrics day is happening on Saturday, and I'll have about half an hour to get wasted, I suppose I could try and film about 7-8 ish pints, although I suppose it's jumping through hoops for you, but it should be entertaining nonetheless.

A shot is 30-40% alcohol. A pint of Guinness in only about 4%. Because it's less concentrated it doesn't affect you as quickly. They might volume-wise contain roughly the same amount in millilitres, but because one is 10 times more concentrated than the other, it's much more effective.

I think the very fact that you're bragging about this on a Nintendo forum says it all, really.

I think that's irrelevant seeing as we're all on a nintendo forum and have all bragged once in a while.

Anywho, recently I've been going easy on the alceehol, I guess it's a sign of maturity :heh: Someone has to be the responsible one.

A shot is 30-40% alcohol. A pint of Guinness in only about 4%. Because it's less concentrated it doesn't affect you as quickly. They might volume-wise contain roughly the same amount in millilitres, but because one is 10 times more concentrated than the other, it's much more effective.

Well by volume, a shot would be about 50ml? On average what I have would be about 38%, so that'd probably be the same as the contents of a pint of Guinness I'd say. Still, I suppose because a shot is more concentrated, it's taken in more quickly....which is exactly what you just said, so I'm just repeating what you said :heh:

I think the very fact that you're bragging about this on a Nintendo forum says it all, really.

I'm not bragging about anything, read the first post, all I'm doing is telling the truth. Why would I feel the need to lie about what I drink? Also, this wouldn't be a response to one Fields' posts without me feeling the need to insult either his infinitessimally small intellect or the fact that I doubt anyone would really notice, much less care, if he somehow, by the grace of god suddenly ceased to exist.

Well by volume, a shot would be about 50ml? On average what I have would be about 38%, so that'd probably be the same as the contents of a pint of Guinness I'd say. Still, I suppose because a shot is more concentrated, it's taken in more quickly....which is exactly what you just said, so I'm just repeating what you said :heh:

Dunno what a UK shot is, but in Ireland it's 35.5ml and a US shot is 44ml (1.5oz).

Isn't a UK shot only about 25ml or maybe 35ml?

I get drunk easily, quite like it when i do. People who won't drink and look down on it annoy me to an extent but still, got to respect their opinion. To each his own and all that. However I think excessive drinking can be exceptionally dangerous if done frequently enough and some people can be right tossers when they've had something to drink. Having said that some people can be more friendly. Whether getting drunk is enjoyable or not doesnt really depend on where you are so much as who you are with I would say.

I just don't believe that someone could drink that much in half an hour.

If we want to go into detail say you have 8 pints in half an hour thats roughly just under 4 minutes per pint. Then you've got the time of going to the bar to get the pint plus the pisses which you would need to take if consuming that much. If you were telling the truth i'm trying to picture it. Would look pretty funny

Also by pint I mean that quantity of alcohol, a lot of which I'd drink in spirits

That's where you're misleading people, 7-8 shots in half an hour is easily believable, hell I've done more than that in 30 seconds, let alone 30 minutes, but the same amount of pints would just be impossible due to the mass.

Dunno what a UK shot is, but in Ireland it's 35.5ml and a US shot is 44ml (1.5oz).

Not sure, but apparently there's 16 shots to a bottle.

Well I think it varies from place to place, at the library theater, there was a marking saying each shot is 30ml, and at out local lounge bar it's got a 40ml marker on the little caps they use to pour the shot. Depends on how stingy they are really :heh:

That's where you're misleading people, 7-8 shots in half an hour is easily believable, hell I've done more than that in 30 seconds, let alone 30 minutes, but the same amount of pints would just be impossible due to the mass.

Yeah, thats what I mean, people have been going around here incredulous at that, I mean, that much is a regular thing, I thought people didn't believe it because of the quantity of alcohol. I tend to measure everything in pints, like if I get a bottle of wine I'll probably try to work out how much that would be in pints.

One of my mates can apparently control his peristalsic motions and can just empty a bottle of rum down his throat, it's not unbelievable.

How big is the bottle :p

Standard vodka bottle is 60cl/50cl?

Well I think it varies from place to place, at the library theater, there was a marking saying each shot is 30ml, and at out local lounge bar it's got a 40ml marker on the little caps they use to pour the shot. Depends on how stingy they are really :heh:

True I suppose. Standard shot in Ireland is 35.5 ml.

Edit, and standard Baileys shot is 50ml.

75cl.

I think it works out about 45ml per shot, but that sounds a bit generous.

Of course, 75cl...... (and I call myself a barman!)

Well in Ireland there are usually about 20 shots to a bottle.

And according to here there are 25ml in a UK shot. So that would mean 30 shots in a bottle?

Having 7/8 pints in half an hour doesn't bother me in terms of whether you're conscious or not, Bard, just the actual physical capacity your bladder has - it's about 300cc - 300 cubic centimeters. 300cc is equivalent to 0.527925978 Imperial pints...

but of course you have your stomach too - "the stomach is about 12 inches (30.5 cm) long and is 6 inches. (15.2 cm) wide at its widest point. The stomach's capacity is about 1 qt (0.94 liters) in an adult."

0.94 litres is about 1.65416806 pints .. (google's calculator..) Now, I'm not sure about the rest of the body, just that it seems clear (from personal experience, too), you normally need a piss after each second/third pint (makes sense if you consider the body's literally FULL after that much).

I figure that you must drink 2 and a half pints, and go to the toilet every ten minutes - plus the time it takes to buy the drink too...

Maybe you're pissing it all out before the alcohol even gets into your bloodstream? I know that one unit of alcohol takes roughly an hour to get out of your bloodstream, and I'd GUESS (again, from personal experience) that it takes several minutes before you feel the alcohol's effect anyway. More estimating, but if you're peeing that often, there's a good chance you're losing it before it effects you. I don't know, I'm no expert. Perhaps you'll find you'll get JUST as drunk if you drank half the amount. Oh, plus the time it takes to wash your hands. I hope.

Or you're lying.

I'm not getting angry, It's just that this has happened a lot, the only reason I feel the need to justify myself is because, apparently, I'm an ego maniac. Also by pint I mean that quantity of alcohol, a lot of which I'd drink in spirits (higher concn, less liquid), am I fair in saying that one full shot of a 37-40% spirit would contain roughly as much alcohol as a pint of...say Guinness? I don't think anyone could drink 8 pints in half an hour without standing in a cubicle. Fair enough, St Patrics day is happening on Saturday, and I'll have about half an hour to get wasted, I suppose I could try and film about 7-8 ish pints, although I suppose it's jumping through hoops for you, but it should be entertaining nonetheless.

You'd think it'd be jumping through hoops? Maybe it would, but it's a pretty amazing feat to have on video in my opinion.

As for UK shots, people are right that they're typically 25ml though I've seen some places serving 35ml shots. Content wise dark rums tend to be 40%, as well as bourbons and scotch, white rums and vodka are typically 37.5%, what I'd call liquers(aftershock40%, sourz(15%), corky's, bailey's, tia maria and lusso, malibu, stuff like that) are typically much less, like 20-30% range. Some are as strong as straight spirits though, but it depends what it is really.

Anyway, At 40% and 25ml that's 1 unit per shot, most pints are in excess of a unit. For a pint to be one unit, it'd need to be about 1.7% strength(english pint is 568ml I believe, 1/56.8), so even for a double measure of 50ml it'd only need to be a 3.5% strength pint to be equivalent to 2 units of alcohol.

Say that it was a 4% strength beer, it'd be more 2 units per pint(rounded down) 8 of them then is 16 units, 16 units in half an hour is already alot, plus if it's a gassy beer it'll be very hard to keep down, that's why I found it so hard to believe. I am not saying it's impossible, I'm not calling you a liar, but until I actually see it I won't believe it, it just seems highly improbably to me.

Emo, I don't really know myself either, but I'd assume alcohol gets absorbed the same even if you are pissing every couple of minutes, apparently it's quite fast to get into the system because it's small, but takes a while to get around the body.

Im sorry, but that comment hasnt done you any favours. You've driven yourself into your own divot hole and you cant get out. Start speaking sense and people may respond to you positively.

i once did 6 pints in an hour, i was SIIIIIIIIIIIIICK. ah, how fun, on the phone to my mum, relaising im bout to be sick, tellign ehr some one was at the door hanging up the painting my bathroom door red, never managed to drink snake bite again.

Look, stop havign a go at the bard, if he says its true, whats it matter to you, i can imagine some one drinking that much, not necicarily without piss breaks or puking but i don't know the guy, so whos to say he can't?

For all you people who think drunks are annoying, think what its like having people look down their noses at you because you partake in one of the oldest and most enjoyable forms of recriation. I don't like being labled a fool or selfish for doing something that I enjoy and has very few negitive consiquences for outhers, ok, there was one time was sick on a bus, it was a student bus and the people driving were pretty sound, I feel bad about that, but on the otuher hand, do i feel bad about being sick in my sink and cleaning it up? nope. no ones hurt.

I can understand why you might find drunks annoying at time, hell no one likes being woken up at 3am by their flat mate, but look at the biggr picture, its not going to kill you if some ones loud, and it dosent kill you to help some one out when there drunk.

I'm young, I'm a student, and the liver is pretty good at repairing itself, so I'm gonna enjoy myself while I can. When I have a family I migth not get drunk so much, but untill then I plan to enjoy life, spend the money on booze and not regret it. £40 for a game is all wel and good, but £40 to have a wicked time with mates is much better

and as for everything in moderation? were exactly does rape fit into that saying?

Moderation is the avoidance of excess or extremes. Surely you'd agree that rape is extreme, yes?

There is the issue of people throwing up, and its not pleasant, but to e honest, if you can't deal with a bit of puke, which most people amnage to do in a toilet, bucket or sink, then you arnt gonna have a nice time with kids.

So going by that logic, you won't mind if I come around your house to draw on the walls and put jam in your DVD player? Having to look after drunk people that can't help themselves is so far from having kids it's unreal. Kids just are, they don't choose to be.

The crux of my argument is this: there are many reasons for people not to get drunk — personal health, society's health, cost, violence, etcetera — yet no one has ever given me a good reason why they should get drunk.

The only reason I can fathom is that society, a nebulous construct of tradition and generalities, condones and in some cases advocates drinking to excess. It's what people expect other people to do, and so lo and behold those people go and do just that. And then it's glorified — "Mate, I got completely off my face last night!" — and macho posturing makes drinking into a competition for bragging rights. It's ridiculous.

But at the end of the day people that get drunk don't want to listen. So I'll try to lead by example, sitting there with my lemonade. Not that anyone cares; they're too drunk to notice.

"The man drinks the first glass of sake, the second glass drinks the first, the third glass drinks the man."