N-Europe

Bad Game Covers

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The european (and japanese) boxart of ICO was inspired by paintings of Di Chirico - lovely paintings - check them out and you'll see that they're inspired on them. Really great stuff. The American one is the generic American-hero boxart. if you don't do that, you don't sell any copies over there...

The european (and japanese) boxart of ICO was inspired by paintings of Di Chirico - lovely paintings - check them out and you'll see that they're inspired on them. Really great stuff. The American one is the generic American-hero boxart. if you don't do that, you don't sell any copies over there...

I wasn't aware Ico sold any copies anywhere anyway. I still don't know if I really like the game, but I'm gonna keep it for my collection anyway.

Agreed... I mean, what the hell is he pointing to?!

Fame and fortune! Or perhaps the PlayStation logo.

Incidentally, I think I still have Wonder Boy in Monster Land around someplace. I'll try to dig it out to verify its existence.

The US versions of Kirby games, where they take the japanese box art, give him evil eyes and make it "Exxtreme!" for American kids.

kirbyconspiracymk0.th.jpg

Most of our Kirby's are the American version too unfortunetly. Why can't they just let him look pleasant if slightly bemused, as God intended?

Right, I'm going to repost and forgo the spoiler tags as I'm starting to think people are simply missing it:

1MetrocrossA.jpg

Just look at it. Look at it! Look at his gurning face!

I just don't think it can be bettered (worsened?); every time I think about it it makes me laugh. A slightly manic laugh, but a laugh all the same.

Right, I'm going to repost and forgo the spoiler tags as I'm starting to think people are simply missing it:

1MetrocrossA.jpg

Just look at it. Look at it! Look at his gurning face!

I just don't think it can be bettered (worsened?); every time I think about it it makes me laugh. A slightly manic laugh, but a laugh all the same.

Is he giving the invisible man a blowjob whilst on a skateboard?