NEurope
Daft

Assassin's Creed

You get no achievements for doing all the strands, as far as I'm aware.

I really don't like the informer and interrogate missions. I just can't come to like doing them. I'll give them a miss.

Thanks Stef thats what I was after. I also hate the informer missions and I guess I can just give them a miss now :)

I had fun yesterday running around the Kingdom getting the 100 flags, wasnt as tedious as I thought. Methinks I will kill my next guy and go Templar and Acre flag hunting.

Has any one had a problem where they kill a templar and it doesn't register? I think its happened to me twice now....Definitely once at least.

What bothers me is that the information that you get from doing the tasks is crap!! The two maps I got for Talal's assassination were useless....Also the fact you are forced to go through that doorway and get trapped! WTF! I was searching on the rooftop before for a way to sneak in....They better sort stuff like this out for the sequel even though I'm still having blast.

I love the camera during the fighting. I would love to see a day and night cycle implemented in the sequal...maybe weather effects as well....ok, maybe next gen!

Even with all its problems this is probably the most fun game I've played this year, some of it is just so slick!

Im on the last boss at the moment but when I get killed when I fight him the game keeps crashing. It goes all white and then stops loading, stupid piece of junk.

Has any one had a problem where they kill a templar and it doesn't register? I think its happened to me twice now....Definitely once at least.

I think you're killing Tutonic Knights, they look extremely similiar to the templar.

I think you're killing Tutonic Knights, they look extremely similiar to the templar.

Ah, that would explain it!! Thanks a lot!! I was getting a bit annoyed.

Damn those Tutonic scum, the get around everywhere! :heh:

I love it when you are running around and some random Templar effectively challenges you to a duel. (Thinks of Family Guy) More of that in the next game would be nice.

*sigh*

Thats another achievement:

Absolute Symbiosis

Have a complete Synchronization bar.

Thats your health bar, full DNA bar is all the investigations leading up to the assassination.

Caris said to me that he assassinated without full health on some assassinations. It must mean have the maximum possible health at the time of doing the mission. ie do view points and citizens to unlock the extra health bar before going to the bureau

I got that achievement totally at random after quitting the game...

Ah, that would explain it!! Thanks a lot!! I was getting a bit annoyed.

Damn those Tutonic scum, the get around everywhere! :heh:

I love it when you are running around and some random Templar effectively challenges you to a duel. (Thinks of Family Guy) More of that in the next game would be nice.

Im pretty sure it goes down the lines of:

Templar Knight: White with a Red cross

Teutonic Knight: White with a Black cross

Hospitalier Knight: Black with a White cross

Thats how it should be any way, just can't seem to remember coming across any Teutonic knights in the game.

Just completed it (the main game, not 100%). There's a massive amount of depth to the story, something I didn't expect. And the amount of Real-life events it ties itself into is pretty amazing.

And I thought the music sounded familiar...I just spotted in the credits that Jesper Kyd did it.

I managed to get all 1000 of this last night, took me playing all day yesterday to get it though.

I was telling Caris last night how I spent 3 hours trying to find my last Templar. I thought that the game had scerwed me over so I went and checked them all again, I was just about to give up when I noticed that I had folded the map and the fold was hiding my missing Templar. I was well gutted yet happy at the same time.

Also those who have Shakey on their friendlist ask them how much of an idiot he was yesterday on this. Had me helping him for an hour and he was completely in the wrong area.

Just finished the game, all went a bit odd at the end! Its like no one at Ubisoft bothered testing the end of the game. Just before killing Robert I managed to fall down an invisible hole on my horse and then got killed by some invisible guards. After that I managed to walk through a cliff and briefly ended up on the pathway below, with all the other people. Best of all though was when I managed to have two Altairs at once...

Despite these glitches I did enjoy the game, although I do agree that the second half of the game seems to have been made by a completely different team! I hated the fact that I couldn't even cough without being attacked by guards and that they are practically as good as Altair at the free running seems pretty stupid as well.

Just finished the game, all went a bit odd at the end! Its like no one at Ubisoft bothered testing the end of the game. Just before killing Robert I managed to fall down an invisible hole on my horse and then got killed by some invisible guards. After that I managed to walk through a cliff and briefly ended up on the pathway below, with all the other people. Best of all though was when I managed to have two Altairs at once...

I don't think I had a single glitch throughout the whole game.

Shit. 5 flags left in Damascus and I've been all over. I don't want to do the whole map-check off thing again..

Yes.

I am however renaming this game:

Assassin's Chore.

1Up agree Jordan.

Assassin's Creed

System: PS3, 360 | Release date: 2007

What was the Hype?

Contrary to popular belief, Ubisoft was not selling hottie Producer Jade Raymond to gamers, but actually an ambitious open-world title so awesome it pretended to be a PS3 exclusive. Well, at least until Ubisoft realized it was a wee bit ironic that a game about a badass assassin wouldn't do so hot on a system that wasn't exactly making a killing at retail. Jokes aside, this was the next, natural evolution to the Prince of Persia series, now complete with next-gen graphics, and presumably game design. On the menu, huge, detailed worlds that capture and contain the chaos and clatter of Altair's Middle Eastern habitat.

How did it Fail?

It forgot it was a, uh, game. Yeah, Assassin's Creed sports some slick graphics, but the actual gameplay consists of doing one thing: killing a bunch of old dudes. Sure, you can collect random flags, but it's obvious that Ubisoft spent way too much time building a cool playground without a second thought of what do actually do inside of it. It's a sandbox game, sure, but there aren't any toys in that sandbox. Similar to having 200 channels with nothing to watch on TV, Assassin's Creed offers huge cities with nothing to do in them, kind of like San Francisco. Not that you can't have loads of fun with Assassin's Creed, but beyond the occasional slapfest, mission objectives are boring and repetitive, the mission tips are dumb ("Here is what I can say: you must use cunning. That is all I can say to help you"), and the combat straight-up sucks. Press X to win, basically. If any modern game failed to live up to the savior-like praise it received pre-release, Assassin's Creed is the poster boy. Woe to those who bought this drastically unfinished game.

Turkey Time Moment:

Every mission objective in every city asks you to do the Same Exact Thing: Save citizens, climb towers to reveal more of your map (and find objectives), pick pocket, interrogate, eavesdrop. A recipe of inspired gameplay? No! A recipe for lazy, digital disaster!

For me the game was pretty much saved by a surprisingly good story and the fact that i played through it pretty quickly. TBH if i was reviewing it i'd have given it a 7/10, i enjoyed it but they promised more than they delivered.

The combat was too easy, it became a case of being easier to take on 20+ enemies than out-run them. The player models and voices were repeated too often. Climbing was bollocks, and basically came down to "hold UP + A + RT and watch the pretty graphics as the man scales the big building". The 'real world' moments felt tacked-on and unfinished. Guards would regularly attack for no reason; "look, theres some bloke riding a horse fast!" "ASSASSIN! KILL HIM!".

Also, why the hell can't the guy swim? His bloody amazing at everything else, but let him touch water and he dies instantly!

I enjoyed the game, but it could have been GOTY with a bit more thought and another 6 months in development. I worry for the sequel if it plays like this one and is set in the modern world with guns and stuff then it really will suck badly...

Don't bring me down people, now I've finished Mario I've just ordered this :p

I'm not expecting the best game ever so hopefully that'll help towards my enjoyment of the game.

Nobody is saying it ain't great fun, its just got gaping big flaws! It's one of the most enjoyable games i've played this year, but it's also the most embarrassingly flawed.

The annoyance factor started for me after I completed the game. The first time through the game felt thrilling, on the second play though it's all about how the game plays, and thats when i noticed it's faults more. Im sure you'll like it (and it's easy gamerscore :p)

Havent really got into it yet. Its hard with games like Ratchet, Galaxy and COD4 since all 3 arent a chore whatsoever. I ussualy am harsh on games that feel like a chore to play.

Came across my first glitch just now :(

I got stuck behind a ladder, when all the guards were after me >.<

It froz in me once. Running away from guards I jumped and froze in mid air.

I was like Whooooa Matrix. Then I came to my senses.

That video of 2 Altairs running around is so lolerific.

Not had a freeze moment as of yet, but it is still a great game. Currently on Memory 5 at the moment completing the next target.

I'm half way through memory block 4 (I said I would take my time with it! :heh:) and when I quit I randomly got the full synchronization for Desmond and Altair. Cool but weird.

I'm still having loads of fun probably because I'm taking so long over it.