NEurope
Daft

Assassin's Creed

Got stuck in Call of Duty earlier so played some more of this. Enjoying it so far, even though the gameplay seems a bit simple, I like what they've tried to do with it.

Prince of Persia: SoT was one of the best if not the best platformer last gen.

By miles.

Hmmm, could that possibly be because you're of Persian descent? ;) What would have been grand is if PoP had some ancient Egyptian elements, that would have been creaming material for me.

Was watching video reviews of this game and...omg. How did this game go under my radar?...I guess this is what focusing solely on the Wii does to ya...>(

I saw a part where the character was on a tower and you could clearly see the Arabic script written there (and read it!) and the scope of the city was incredible...Is this game a great incentive to get a 360 for?

Hmmm, could that possibly be because you're of Persian descent? ;) What would have been grand is if PoP had some ancient Egyptian elements, that would have been creaming material for me.

Was watching video reviews of this game and...omg. How did this game go under my radar?...I guess this is what focusing solely on the Wii does to ya...>(

I saw a part where the character was on a tower and you could clearly see the Arabic script written there (and read it!) and the scope of the city was incredible...Is this game a great incentive to get a 360 for?

How the hell did you know that? :p

But yes, i'm half arabic, but no regarding it. I loved it purely due to its stunning platforming.

As for Assassin's? No. God no. Its fun but can be an utter chore to play. A huge chore.

I actually think this game could benefit from a morality system. Altair is pretty merciless....then again, I suppose he is an assassin.

How the hell did you know that? :p

But yes, i'm half arabic, but no regarding it. I loved it purely due to its stunning platforming.

As for Assassin's? No. God no. Its fun but can be an utter chore to play. A huge chore.

You said once and I never forget these sort of things...strangely. :hmm:

So...You wouldn't recommend this game to me? Or is it just not worth getting a 360 to play?

Assassin's has huge potential... if it was left in development for a few months more.

Its super linear, never changes, the combat is quite fun as is the free running. But the missions within the game are just stupid and repeatitive.

There are far better games out there on the XBOX360.

Can you backtrack to cities youve already done, to finish collecting flags and such? Because Ive done the bare minimum, and need ledge grab >.<

Can you backtrack to cities youve already done, to finish collecting flags and such? Because Ive done the bare minimum, and need ledge grab >.<

Yeah you can backtrack everywhere (tis yummy!) So do you get a new move if you complete all of the elements, cos I need to go back and do bit of M Block 2 again... which will be a bit lame but at least I know more about what I'm doing now.

Just finished this and I loved it. My favorite game of they year...so far...Except maybe Resi 4 Wii.

I can't wait for the next one since I assume they will sort out the problem with the repetitive tasks. I think I enjoyed it so much because I played it over the space of about 3 weeks.

Dunno if this has been posted buthere is an awesome article on explaining the dneing to the game. The comment section is pretty interesting as well!!

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=175552

I really can't wait for the next one!

Just completed it :)

I liked the game in general, though. I have three major complaints:

My god, that final 30 minutes or so was terrible.

Stupid drunks / retards pushing you, you bump into a guard and then they instantly twig that your an assassin. But a man climbing the walls to the city fort, he's just an annoyance and is told to go away.

The voice clips for the townspeople got old bloody fast. PLEEZE SIR JUST A FEW COINZ

Oh, and the ending was horrible. Its like "lol, we're making a sequel, so we'll make loads of mystery around the end to make people interested"

Just completed it :)

I liked the game in general, though. I have three major complaints:

My god, that final 30 minutes or so was terrible.

Stupid drunks / retards pushing you, you bump into a guard and then they instantly twig that your an assassin. But a man climbing the walls to the city fort, he's just an annoyance and is told to go away.

The voice clips for the townspeople got old bloody fast. PLEEZE SIR JUST A FEW COINZ

Oh, and the ending was horrible. Its like "lol, we're making a sequel, so we'll make loads of mystery around the end to make people interested"

I actually really like the whole last 30 mins but thats probably because I loved the change of pace and slaughtering guard after guard.

I agree with the other two completely. I hate the way they only push you, I mean wtf!? How are they more perceptive than the guards. I love assassinating the beggar women.

"NO YOU LISTEN. I'M POOR AND HUNGRY..." is usually followed by me shouting "SHUT THE F*CK UP, I DON'T GIVE A FLYING F*CK" and a "Assassinating citizens leads to desynchronization" message appearing on the screen.

It just reaks of lazyness when you hear the exact same line recorded in 4 different voices.

Still, I loved almost every second of it.

Reading this http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=175552

has really got me hyped for the next game.

i've decided not to keep this. it's getting traded while there's still good money going for it.

I liked the game, but I can't see myself looking past the major flaws long enough to play it again, especially when hand holding and cutscenes basically make the promise of freedom a complete lie once you get to assassinating a target.

Mass Effect- now that's a game with replay value. That's how you do freedom!

Have to say just got to Demascus, and so far I'm bored out my mind. I've just been on a horse that changed colour every time the game loaded, and now I'm just wandering around wondering what I'm supposed to do. I think I should a) not play it when I'm too tired and can't really be bothered, and b) not play it right after Call of Duty 4 as it makes it seem incredibly dull in comparison.

Played some more and I'm beginning to hate it. I was hanging around waiting to assassinate someone when one of those ***** carrying whatever on their head walks into me, and suddenly I'm being attacked. Brilliant.

Wish I hadn't bothered with this. Might just trade it in.

I've finally managed to force myself to the end of this shite game. Repetition, tedious repetition is all I'll remember from this 'AAA game'.

Well, I'm still enjoying it. Only really playing it once a week though so I'm not very far in.

I play bits and think wow this is really cool, and then something will happen in it that really annoys me. I think I'll keep it and just ocassionally stick it in the Xbox. Maybe I'll have finished it by the time the sequels out.

I started playing this yesterday and I love it, I can't get over the sheer scale of everything. Whilst I was expecting much more from it, in terms of interaction with the crowd, it's still great for me.

The graphics are absolutely gorgeous aswell. The game is far from perfect, but bloody awesome aswell.

I started playing this yesterday and I love it, I can't get over the sheer scale of everything. Whilst I was expecting much more from it, in terms of interaction with the crowd, it's still great for me.

The graphics are absolutely gorgeous aswell. The game is far from perfect, but bloody awesome aswell.

My advice is take your time with it. I did it over about 3 weeks and I loved every second of it. I think if you try and do it in a couple of days you'll most likely bore yourself to tears.

I got the game for Christmas. Inspite of a few technical discrepancies, I do like it a lot. :)

Does anyone just love the cities? They're just unbelievably fantastic. This is one of the few games that seem truly "Next-gen" to me.

My cousin got this for christmas on PS3 and so I decided to play a little more of it. I've kinda got into it a bit more now.

I still find some of the missions dull, and the beggars are frigging annoying, and horse riding is fun for 5 minutes then it's just irritating.

But assassinating someone and then legging it is really brilliant, and exciting. I'm definitely enjoying it a lot more now.

I still find some of the missions dull, and the beggars are frigging annoying, and horse riding is fun for 5 minutes then it's just irritating.

But assassinating someone and then legging it is really brilliant, and exciting. I'm definitely enjoying it a lot more now.

I completely agree, I usually punch the beggers in the face.

I'm up to a part where I can't leg it and find a hiding spot, I'm forced to stay and fight, and given the randomness of the combat I just can't seem to get the better of those attacking me.

As a consequence my enjoyment of this game has plummeted significantly! :sad:

I completely agree, I usually punch the beggers in the face.

It may be a bit early to call it but, N-E quote of 2008.

I used to get my sword out and they would run away screaming. Now I just grab them and throw them to the ground or into a nearby wall. I think that's what you're supposed to do since you need to do that to get the Enemy of the Poor achievement. :laughing: