NEurope
Daft

Assassin's Creed

How easy is it to know what your objective is? The one thing I really hate in games is wandering around not knowing what to do. Does this happen in AC?

...As soon as you find the viewing points yeah.

But they're basically really tall buildings and stick out like hell.

So it's not really an issue at all then. Exploration isn't annoying, like Crackdown you had to get near to a base before it was on your map. I just had it when you're searching around for hours for something.

Think I'm going to give it a go, pick it up just before I finish work for the year.

Your objectives only come visible when you get a View point yeah. When you enter the town the first time one is visible on the map so you head there then when you done that sequence the rest are visible. When you go back to the town opening up more areas you have to find a view point by yourself with no map guide. Something a certain someone didn't realise you had to do.

Currently on Memory 3, and i am loving it. Currently in Acre saving some citizens and randomly assassinating beggars for the sake of it.

Also: @ Daft: Cmon dude, this game has more substance in it that MOST of the games that I've ever played, you gotta give them a brake on the sound a bit.

lol, I know. Its just the only thing that annoys me is hearing the same line in 4 different voices. Some slight variation would have been nice. Its a niggle, nothing big. :heh:

I've done 2 Assassinations but I've got a load of work this week and I really want to take my time with this and not fly through it and complete it in a couple days like every other game I buy.

Well I never, this game looks noticable alot better on the 360!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/28006.html

Why does the PS3 version look so washed out?

Just a quick question, do you have to unlock all of the memory strands or anything? I have missed one in memory block 4 as I forgot to see Informer before killing my target. I have heard you can go back and do the ones you may have missed but how do you go about this?

If you miss a piece of DNA, you have to go back and do the entire thing (apart from helping the people and view points).

Shit eh? Oh and you lose your abilities from newer chapters.

You get no achievements for doing all the strands, as far as I'm aware.

I really don't like the informer and interrogate missions. I just can't come to like doing them. I'll give them a miss.

Yes there is.

Complete all assassinations with all strands of DNA. Its worth 50 points.

Got it today, I'm loving it so far. The whole memory thing is something I didn't expect at all. I've just arrived at the first big city and I'm kinda lost. I'll discover where to go soon, though.

Yes there is.

Complete all assassinations with all strands of DNA. Its worth 50 points.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/achievements.php?gameID=277

I don't see that anywhere. Check against my achievements. All I need now are the flags, Templars and the dialogue with Lucy.

I havn't done all informers and interrogations. And there are no 50 point achievements apart from the very last one which I won't spoil for anyone.

Q. Why only the one power?

A. Be patient! Assassin's Creed is the first part of a trilogy. By the end of the third game Desmond will have a lot more moves to play with...

Oooh shit hot. Yeah.

There are achievements called Defender of the People: Acre/Damascus/Jerusalem which you get for completing ever free mission in each of the city, so that would mean all the interrogations and Informer stuff.

Disciple of the Creed

Assassinate all your targets with a full DNA bar.

See Stiffy? ;)

There are achievements called Defender of the People: Acre/Damascus/Jerusalem which you get for completing ever free mission in each of the city, so that would mean all the interrogations and Informer stuff.

...I didn't do all the informers/interrogations. It may be annoying to keep reading but if I have to keep typing you don't need to do them then that's fine by me.

See Stiffy? ;)

See what. That's 30 points and that only means the health bar in the top left corner. Get that to full by doing all View points, saving citizens and assassinate targets and there you go.

*sigh*

Thats another achievement:

Absolute Symbiosis

Have a complete Synchronization bar.

Thats your health bar, full DNA bar is all the investigations leading up to the assassination.

Ok yes, that's true.

But, if you read what the actual achievement says, not xbox360achievements.org

'You've fully honored the tenets of the Creed. You are a Master Assassin.'

I got it when killing the last guy. Simple, you don't have to do all informers, etc

You would have thought finishing the game and getting the achievement would be enough proof.

If you miss a piece of DNA, you have to go back and do the entire thing (apart from helping the people and view points).

Shit eh? Oh and you lose your abilities from newer chapters.

Can you then warp forward again to the latest chapter you've done?

Yes.

I am however renaming this game:

Assassin's Chore.

Some of the later stuff (timed slient assassinations where you have to run liek fuck but still be hidden) is annoying the hell out of me.

Spent most of today playing this. Enjoyable, but it is dragging on a bit. The guards annoy me too, thick as shit one minute and incredibly perceptive the next!

Why the hell don't they realise that if some bloke got thrown off a 5 story building that theres probably someone up there? The number of times i lob someone off a building is unreal! Theres no downside to doing it!

Spent most of today playing this. Enjoyable, but it is dragging on a bit. The guards annoy me too, thick as shit one minute and incredibly perceptive the next!

Why the hell don't they realise that if some bloke got thrown off a 5 story building that theres probably someone up there? The number of times i lob someone off a building is unreal! Theres no downside to doing it!

And those mentally handicapped traps are also very annoying. Sometime when they hit you for no reason, the guards start attacking you, too.

Combat is a bit easy, but it's still a great game so far (I'm on the second set of three targets)