NEurope
Daft

Assassin's Creed

I've just played Galaxy for about two hours, you are all going to think I'm insane, but right now I'm definitely looking forward to playing more Assassin's Creed than Mario.

(On a side note, Galaxy looks fricking awesome!! If only it were in HD. I have no idea where they can take Mario from here...)

I seem to be the only one slightly underwhelmed by Mario. It looks great, it plays great, its fun....I dunno, I'll review my thoughts after another couple hours play.

Went for AC.... and CoD4.

Decided I'm going to sell my Wii in at the beginning of December for huge profits. :)

So you're not playing Galaxy?

wow.

Played the first 10 mins, loved it except for the slightly confusing controls...why couldn't it be like POP or something? Seems too in-depth in my opinion.

Just got to the city, then stopped. Realising that i cannot start a whole new game just yet! I may keep this one for Christmas with Mass Effect.

Oh no the controls work really well. I thought that at first. High profile and low profile controls. In the end it all works really well, it's not as confusing as you think.

Yeah I thought the controls were way too complicated but when you get used to them they are awesome.

The fighting gets so much better when you get the counter back.

I'm loving this at the moment. I've just reached Acre, I decided to leave Jerusalem till a bit later on.

Went for AC.... and CoD4.

Decided I'm going to sell my Wii in at the beginning of December for huge profits. :)

...:nono:.....

I'd been playing the game wondering why I hadn't gotten the 100 counter kills achievement. I'de killed hundreds of people, many hundreds.

Seems I got it 2 days a go. Made me chuckle, and laugh at myself.

I love scaling walls, then jumping off at ridiculous hights to fall in some hay on the floor. You'd easily break a leg or something, but no, he gets up and wipes off the hay from his cloak. Awesome.

I've noticed they've taken out the feature where you could knock down scaffolding to hinder pursuers which is kind of a shame.

I can't get enough of this atm. Mario is just going to have to wait.

I love scaling walls, then jumping off at ridiculous hights to fall in some hay on the floor. You'd easily break a leg or something, but no, he gets up and wipes off the hay from his cloak. Awesome.

I love the leap of faith thing. Where ever there are some pigeons hanging out, I always throw myself off the edge!

So. Anyone seen the Jade Raymond comic?

Somethingawful.com (something like that) is getting sued because some guy posted it in the forums there. Pretty funny comic aswell.

So you're not playing Galaxy?

wow.

I will in time, just not right now. It doesn't really interest me at the moment.

Think of it this way £250+ for the Wii, or -£40 for Mario...

Not really a hard choice when you need money.

So. Anyone seen the Jade Raymond comic?

Somethingawful.com (something like that) is getting sued because some guy posted it in the forums there. Pretty funny comic aswell.

Your missing the best part of the story

Basically Ubisoft is threatening to sue me because somebody here posted an offsite link to a comic somebody else drew, and the comic featured a cartoon version of somebody sucking many dicks. I don't know where this image is located, I do not know who drew it, and the only vague connection to this site is because somebody posted a link to it on these forums. My reply to them, addressing their completely legitimate and wonderful lawsuit threat:

quote:

Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2007 9:06 PM

To: 'Anderson, David'

Cc: A BUNCH OF FRENCHIES

Subject: RE: NOTICE: Infringement of ASSASSIN'S CREED Mark and Jade Raymond's Personal, Privacy, and Publicity Rights

Please let it be known that hereforth I have read the express mail and email sent thereforth by Famous Lawyer David Anderson of the Famous Lawyer Law Business of Nixon Peabody LLP, and furthermore a declaration shall be expressed on the part of Internet User Rich “Lowtax†Kyanka that thatforth herethrough I have conducted rigorous tests implemented through a vigorous barrage of legal studies, and furthermore hitherthrough these rigorous tests have therefore proven Famous Lawyer David Anderson of the Famous Lawyer Law Business of Nixon Peabody LLP shall be recognized as a man of the fag persuasion.

Pursuant to the United Dairy Council

Rich “Lowtax†Kyanka

Internet

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2686438

My only complaint is the repetitive random speech. Its just f*cking lazy recording the exact same line in 4 different voices which is a shame since they got everything else so lifelike.

I just read Famitsu gave this 37/40. I wasn't expecting that.

I just read IGN UK's review of it and its brutal...

They gave it a 9 for presentation and Graphics which is fair enough.

An 8 for sound which is also reasonable. I would have given it less if it wasn't for the awesome music because like I said the repetition of lines is lame.

For Game Play and Lasting Appeal they gave it a 4 which is......completely bizarre.

IGN lose.

Your missing the best part of the story

Oh no I read that. I took more enjoyment from looking at the comic. Good comic it is. Made me laugh, and cry.

After playing it some more the initial gloss has worn off a bit, although it's still a great game.

I am now in Memory Block 5 and have done 6 of the main assassinations (only just realised you could view attachments and stuff showing you the easiest route, etc to the target). The fact that the guards start attacking me just for accidentally pushing into someone is really starting to annoy me, if I was bargin them then fair enough but some random drunk gets a little shove as I'm running and it's a executionable (sp?) offence!?

The climbing/free running can also be annoying at some points. Case in hand, for my last assassination I have to jump between some little boats and posts in the docks, however sometime, even after lining him up perfectly Altair would just jump straight into the water. This happened about 10 times - once I actually got to the main boat the assassination itself was a doddle!

Don't get me wrong, it's still a great game but after playing some more has probably gone down from a mid 9 to a low - mid 8.

(only just realised you could view attachments and stuff showing you the easiest route, etc to the target).

What's this?

I still have yet to get the kill a target like a true assassin achievement, even though I killed the first two quite well I think. All the other times I've ended up fighting off a load of guards then in the midst of it all Altair suddenly jumps on the target and does the cut scene.

What's this?

I still have yet to get the kill a target like a true assassin achievement, even though I killed the first two quite well I think. All the other times I've ended up fighting off a load of guards then in the midst of it all Altair suddenly jumps on the target and does the cut scene.

Yeah, attachments?? Do tell!

It was fun killing the dude in the hospital. I just merged with the monks, floated round for a bit until he passed right by me and BAM!! Right in the kisser!...After that I just legged it. :heh:

The bit where they broke that mans legs were nasty.

I thought I'd heard that voice somewhere before. The voice for Lucy is Kristen Bell. Quite a shock when watching the credits.

I thought I'd heard that voice somewhere before. The voice for Lucy is Kristen Bell. Quite a shock when watching the credits.

Nah, I got that straight away but it helps that she looks a lot like her too. I'm just in the 2nd assassination in memeory block 3 but after finishing mem block 2 I realised that not all of the parts are lit up... which is weird. From the way I'd played it I did everything they said and you couldnt really do it any other way.

Oh and for anyone who hasn't played it yet: When you go to the big cities, go to the high point and the guild first and foremost. I found that the story makes a lot more sense that way.

Also: @ Daft: Cmon dude, this game has more substance in it that MOST of the games that I've ever played, you gotta give them a brake on the sound a bit.

Loving this game so much though. I havent cared for free roaming games because I hadnt found one that had any kind of gameplay that I enjoy (GTA for example). But this is great, really enjoying going around the world map and finding all the flags.

What's this?

Yeah, attachments?? Do tell!

It was fun killing the dude in the hospital. I just merged with the monks, floated round for a bit until he passed right by me and BAM!! Right in the kisser!...After that I just legged it. :heh:

The bit where they broke that mans legs were nasty.

If you press the start button and go into the memories (not additional ones) then you can see all the information who've collected about the assassination. During the pickpocket missions you'll quite often get a map detailing plans/guards postions, etc. It turns out that if you look at this in the pause menu then you can see the map in question - although it does make it even easier still!

Also for the true assassin achievement you have to kill the target without being spotted first, I think this means you can't kill any guards before hand (e.g. when you're approaching the target), of course once the deeds done, run like hell! There's also an achievement for killing all the targets with full health so I've been making sure of that as well!

Just completed the game.... Absoulety loved it!

Defiantly hoping there are gunna be more of them which continue the story, I can't stress how much I loved this game!

Plan to play it again some time next week, and get 100% in it (All flags etc)

Aye, I finished it earlier today. Went and got that last flag in Masyaf...¬_¬ bastard flag.

I've got a link to some pictures of a guide for where the templars and the flags are in each city/kingdom.

Only on after that is Every dialogue with Lucy...there's always a silly one.

Really like the look of this game. Thinking about getting it for the Christmas week I've got off work. How much stealth is in the game? I'm not a massive fan of stealth games, is that going to mean I'm not going to like this?

Theres pretty much jack all real stealth.

This is no Splinter Cell, its more... "oh shit, there someone leg it and find some where to hide." kinda game.

I really like it, on the 5th memory now.