NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Haakon

Download classics from Xbox Live news

http://news.spong.com/detail/news.asp?prid=9214

Well, Xbox 360 in its Live service will launch downloadable classics of retro-gaming like Smash TV and Gauntled, plus many companies like Sega, Konami, SNK, Ubisoft and Capcom will support the service and possibly will launch their classics to download from Live (imagine Street Fighter II, Metal Slug, Castlevania or Nights, even a complete library of Sega games from Sonic to Altered Beast) do you think it's a direct attack to Nintendo old games download service?

i hope SPONG are wrong *which is most probable*

If they aren't well I think Nintendo should see this and want to get a move on with revolution. * sep release at least for europe :smile: *

It isnt, these are just a random selections of classics, and yes microsoft said they'l have some downloadable things before nintendo.

Nintendo dont have to threat, they are actually offering what the old and new generation want.

meh i like the thougt of getting old nintendo games more than those on the list.The only company that sparked my interest there was sega and most of the others i´ve never heard about

This doesnt really appeal to me, id much rather have ninty's download service.

Price? Do I need XBOX Silver or Gold?

So far I don't think it is a threat to Nintendo.

Does't matter which you have, you have to pay for them separetly, no pric eyet.

I think they would need Nintendos consent to release alot of their games on other systems. Capcom can't just decide to release an Exclusive SNES game which was licensed by Nintendo on Xbox360. Sega Could make a huge deal with Microsoft. Nintendo needs to use the Download feature as a gimmick and not expect profit from it. Make it so developers who sell retro games on the Revolution get 90% profit. Every developer would give nintendo their full library for a deal like that.

"Those are classic arcade games and not console games."

Yes, the currently announced, but those companies are offering support and easily can port their old console games, if we're going to see games like the NES and SNES Castlevania's, Megaman, NEO GEO games, even Perfect Dark, it could beat the Nintendo service (I've played Mario Bros. Classics since the NES, then in Super Mario all stars, then in the GBA classics, I had enough of them)

Microsoft has been announcing this kind of service long before Nintendo, right now there is the Live arcade service (you can download freely an update of Alien Hominid) so they'll have a lot of time of advantage, and if MS introduces just the Sega library, it would be serious competition.

But who knows what will happen, if Nintendo decides to improve graphically the games and make them online enabled (and make them free, hehe...) they can keep up that advantage.

Well I hope Sega, Squenix (in particular), Konami, EA and other developers jump onto Nintendo's online service as well to maximise their profits. :)

The more old games accessible via the Internet the better. This isn't an attack on Nintendo, it's following them with what is a great idea. More of this, please.

This isn't an attack on Nintendo, it's following them with what is a great idea. More of this, please.

It's not really following them though, they've got it up and working on Xbox Live now. It's been about for a while.

Microsoft is getting afraid of Nintendo! :P

Awesome!!111

HD display and 3D interfaces aside, these downloadable classics are what has me sold on the next gen systems. You better believe Sony will have a similar 'arcade' on the PS3, if they havent announced it already.

look they are most likley saying ARCADE not consoles i watched the press confrence of microsoft and they said you will be able to play Arcade games and i am fine with that. Nintendo revolution can download the 20 year libary of games that have been on the NES, SNES and N64.

I haven't read any of your posts so if someone has mentioned this sorry.

But companies wouldn't be allowed to release games that were on a Nintendo platform without Nintendo's permisssion.

I haven't read any of your posts so if someone has mentioned this sorry.

But companies wouldn't be allowed to release games that were on a Nintendo platform without Nintendo's permisssion.

I think you'll find he was meaning independant developers, not publishers independant of Nintendo. The idea is that small development teams with innovative ideas could make their games downloadable on Nintendo's network, without the expense of normal publishing deals, either free to create a reputation or at a small cost to the downloader.

They wouldn't be able to release any snes developped game for the xbox 360, or developpers would have to convert the games to use the xbox platform. What nintendo is offering with the Rev is quite different as they have some sort snes emulator software onit, where microsoft would never get the lisence to use the snes coding on their xbox 360 thus forcing developpers to do more work to their games.

I'm pretty shure post of them will get a rev release (on the downloadable service) as it's the easiest thing to do for them.

I could be completely wrong though.

Downloadable classics should be featured in every console from here on out. Its probably the best and cheapest way for them to curb piracy, so long as the games are reasonably priced.

Is this sort of thing possible on the DS?

I wonder were they got that idea from...?

Yes, because we all know it was Nintendo who invented the concept of playing games downloaded from the Internet.

Sign in to follow this