N-Europe

GTA IV

AshMat

Guest Stefkov

So I've spent over 5 minutes in 6 stars and havn't got the achievement.

Also the mission for Elizabeta where you get the drugs back.

Why is it so bloody difficult to get away from the police. I was on 3 stars and it's so hard. This is the only mission I've had to over 5 times now...>:[

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes they're not there... not figured out why. If you wait long enough you get a mish in one and then you get a tutorial... although to sum it up... RT = up, LT = down, LB/RB = bank left and right, LB+RB steady for landing.

Aaaah. So thats how you land. I did a Heli ride with Brucie yesterday and it took me like 5 minutes to line up the landing properly.

Why is it so bloody difficult to get away from the police. I was on 3 stars and it's so hard. This is the only mission I've had to over 5 times now...>:[

that is SO much harder than it should be.

what i did: fuck the cops in the building, jus run back the way you came. As you leave the building through the door, turn right and run for the river. There's a power boat in the water that will get you far, far away without being chased. There might be police boats so look out on your map and stay clear. I did it easy first time i tried that way.

Use the good old 'drive fast in a straight line' tactic.

I'm finding the missions in this a lot easier than previous game, its a bit disappointing. I've done everyone one first time. I've only had to re-do one because I didn't brake hard enough when chasing a bloke in a van and ended up in the water and falling too far behind.

Guest Stefkov

what i did: fuck the cops in the building, jus run back the way you came. As you leave the building through the door, turn right and run for the river. There's a power boat in the water that will get you far, far away without being chased. There might be police boats so look out on your map and stay clear. I did it easy first time i tried that way.

Ah great there's a boat. Twice I've gotten away in the car. One time I drove extreemely slow into some barrels I didn't even see and my car went boom.

Then I tried to get another car after the first one was wrecked and I was capped.

Clearing out the police in the building is easy, there aint many of them. I'll check out this powerboat.

you're better at it than me, then!

personally, I like the difficulty. It's a challenge without being tedious or a walk in the park. The combat is fast, looks great and fairly punishing of mistakes, too. It's made even better by subtly designed areas that go from looking like innocently placed natural scenery to dynamic, awesome fight scenes in a second. It's genius.

you're better at it than me, then!

personally, I like the difficulty. It's a challenge without being tedious or a walk in the park. The combat is fast, looks great and fairly punishing of mistakes, too. It's made even better by subtly designed areas that go from looking like innocently placed natural scenery to dynamic, awesome fight scenes in a second. It's genius.

Every mission I'm expecting it to get harder but it's just not doing it at the moment. The mission with the drugs and the hospital which Stefkov is talking about is probably the first one that has come close to being vaguely challenging but I just thought even that was really anti-climactic.

The best way to get the 6 star achievement is to get into a helicopter, fly to an Island you haven't unlocked yet and just hover in the sky for five minutes.

I'm still on that fucking Elizabeta mission too. It's really pissing me off.

You can just walk up to a police road block (that restricts an unlocked island), bam instant 6 stars!

Not got as far as that mission yet (think it's my next one though) but i usually nick the sports car from Fausten's drive way and take it on my missions. It's a lot faster than the cop cars and handles like a dream, basically they don't have a hope in hell of catching you

Guest Stefkov
what, really? that's weird.

uhh, you gone power boating with brucie yet? that seems to trigger them spawning frequently from what i heard.

I knew that there wasn't gonna be a boat. It's just a series of events that you just know that something will or won't happen.

On the way there I crashed and went through the windshield landing in the water. (This was pretty cool) So I went up some ladders, I would have thought the boat'd be there.

I've tried again and it was there now. I'd gone round the normal way.

It seems going from the back doesn't trigger the boat. Now I've gotta get away on the boat.

Not got as far as that mission yet (think it's my next one though) but i usually nick the sports car from Fausten's drive way and take it on my missions. It's a lot faster than the cop cars and handles like a dream, basically they don't have a hope in hell of catching you

didn't realise he had a sports car.

I have access to the ones on Alagonquin now though, and you're right: they offer such a sweet, precise drive and they're so fast that they make amazing getaway cars. They're not glass fragile either, like in previous games.

The best way to get the 6 star achievement is to get into a helicopter, fly to an Island you haven't unlocked yet and just hover in the sky for five minutes.

I'm still on that fucking Elizabeta mission too. It's really pissing me off.

For that mission I had a little trouble too. Bring a sports car with you and park it on the other side of the building that the yellow arrow is beside (near some trees). Once you fight the police back to the entrance to the hospital, make a run for it to the sports car and bolt it away. Head to the nearest Pay And Spray and duck in when your out their line of sight.

So I just met Packie and I still don't think it's amazing. I still reckon it's a rather standard sequel.

Will I like it more soon?

We are at exactly the same point! :p

...and yeah, I'm still not that impressed.

I knew that there wasn't gonna be a boat. It's just a series of events that you just know that something will or won't happen.

On the way there I crashed and went through the windshield landing in the water. (This was pretty cool) So I went up some ladders, I would have thought the boat'd be there.

I've tried again and it was there now. I'd gone round the normal way.

It seems going from the back doesn't trigger the boat. Now I've gotta get away on the boat.

Isnt the boat floating in the water, like 200 ft away from where you are on that dock?

So I just met Packie and I still don't think it's amazing. I still reckon it's a rather standard sequel.

Will I like it more soon?

I think it's a massive improvement from the last three, but not amazing.

Haha yeah that mish for elizabeta where all the cops come in was a bitch, here's what I did in the end (mostly out of annoyance) - take a motocross bike all the way in :D I just went through on that, shooting everyone, then plowed past all the police and got away pretty easily.

Guest Stefkov
Isnt the boat floating in the water, like 200 ft away from where you are on that dock?

I went up that dockway. I went and killed everyone and came back and the boat wasn't there. It's floating right next to the dock yes. It wasn't there the first time though.

So. How am I mean to finish a mission if Packie goes and runs out and dies. It's not my fault he ran into the middle of a gunfight.

question for those not too impressed: do you like the pop culture atmosphere? for me, that's always been GTA at it's best, and i can't really understand not loving this game unless you're just not in to the city they've made and you're just judging it on the way it plays.