N-Europe

GTA IV

AshMat

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How am I? Do I not own all three consoles? Have I not owned every console in existence (pretty much). I don't like Nintendo out of blind loyalty; I just love excellence, innovation, fun, imagination.

GTA4 (like most gaming experiences on PS3 and 360) as the same games we played last gen but with incredible graphics and physics. Yes some games utilise this to create unrivaled atmosphere and mood (Gears, Bioshock) but mainly I just feel bored. GTA4 is the same game I didn't like on the PS2 but with amazing graphics.

Maybe the story will pick up and get me hooked, but so far it's same old same old and the same old is average personified!

How does me not liking the same games as you make me a fanboy!? Tell me why I am, I'd love to know.

1. It's not the same old. The whole engine of the game is different. If you understood anything on how games were made, you'd understand the sheer scale of the work Rockstar put into this. It is an innovation in its own right, sorry you don't see this without gimicky controls.

2. I haven't seen you say a bad word about Nintendo, and you seem to put down everything else that is good out there in the gaming world. You're quick to defend Nintendo in every Wii topic I go in too.

Well played some more today before work. Just killed
vlad

Did jacobs missions loved the one where you went to flat and used cover for the first time. Never had such a fully realised shoot out in a GTA game before.

Those are my favourite moments so far...I'm just past that bit. The cinematics on your very, very early spoiler are brilliant.

The shootout in the flat is also amazing, it's like some drug den in London or sommat lol. And the way you can shoot through the walls...mintness!

Guest Jordan

Yeah! The destructable walls are great! I shot a pillar out with a shotgun, the second shot killed the guy because he was exposed. :D

I can't wait to play this all weekend. Yay for a 3 day weekend! :D

Ok, first real complaint...Maybe it can be fixed...

I use classic controls and the free aiming is terrible. I don't THINK I'm doing it wrong but here's the example...

You can lock on with R1 (obviously ps3 version) and target freely with L1...But when targetting freely you start shooting a second or two later. So you don't even have time to accurately pick the shot before spraying bullets at anything in the way.

(And if you shoot a bullet in public it's like the police are all over you. What's wrong with shooting your OWN car tyres out? :( No fun!) The cops are waaaaay over-sensitive!

I don't like the view behind the car. I know you can pull it back but I wish it were higher. The ammount of times I've gone up hill and nailed something because I couldn't see it is infuriating.

They should of put a drivers view like in PGR and GT.

(And if you shoot a bullet in public it's like the police are all over you. What's wrong with shooting your OWN car tyres out? :( No fun!) The cops are waaaaay over-sensitive!

If you do it away from their sight then you can shoot all you want. Even kill a few people.

The best thing about the police is that they never mind you mauling bikers. I always try to slam into every single one I come across.

I don't like the view behind the car. I know you can pull it back but I wish it were higher. The ammount of times I've gone up hill and nailed something because I couldn't see it is infuriating.

I usually just raise the camera. Especially on freeways..

I've gotten into the habbit of keeping the stick held down a fraction whenever I drive. I agree the default view should be higher.

What about the auto aim...just me who finds it stupifying.

Do you mean it makes online too easy? Or are you referring to the difficulty with picking targets?

If you're talking about the latter, the best way is to only half hold down the L trigger (on 360, don't know about PS3) - this is how you use the 'free aim'. If you then hold down all the way, it will auto aim in the person you were pointing at with free aim.

You can use the right stick while auto aiming to go for the head.

Guest Stefkov
I've gotten into the habbit of keeping the stick held down a fraction whenever I drive. I agree the default view should be higher.

I do this also. I have it fully zoomed out aswell. It would be nice if they just raised it.

I like the combat. It's punchy and action packed without being fiddly or sloppy. It's also pretty fast paced at times, espeically once you upgrade to assault rifles (fucking awesome, btw) and get to some of the bigger missions with Playboy X and Dwane on the 2nd island.

I like the combat. It's punchy and action packed without being fiddly or sloppy. It's also pretty fast paced at times, espeically once you upgrade to assault rifles (fucking awesome, btw) and get to some of the bigger missions with Playboy X and Dwane on the 2nd island.

I tend to use the Uzi-type gun more. It's much more accurate so headshots are easier.

Ditto. Well, I carried that habit over from Burnout Paradise.

Those are my favourite moments so far...I'm just past that bit. The cinematics on your very, very early spoiler are brilliant.

The shootout in the flat is also amazing, it's like some drug den in London or sommat lol. And the way you can shoot through the walls...mintness!

Agreed yeah...Loved that murder scene, Nikko is such a great character...although Roman is a weasel I would like to just lose him...survival of the fit and all...

Yeah thats what I tend to do. Sometimes it just gets a bit fiddly though.

I've just got access to the main island and I'm still not convinced it deserves a 10. It just feels a bit old atm.

I think it is unfair for critics to compare sales in this game to that of say Harry Potter. The average price of GTA IV is £40 and the average movie ticket is £5. The two cannot be compared together. Anywho i hope to play this game and GT4 which means i have to buy a PS3..Doh!!!