NEurope
flameboy

Blazing Angels- Rumoured to have online multiplayer

Quote taken from gonintendo, I've put important stuff in bold and italics.

RUMOR - Does Blazing Angels for the Wii have wifi play?

March 2nd, 2007

Seems like you guys were pretty interested in those Blazing Angels screens I posted earlier. I have been receiving a steady flow of emails concerning Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII being online for the Wii. While we don’t have any official proof, we do have a few interesting bits of evidence.

None of the boxarts we have seen so far have a Wifi logo on it. The last boxart we saw was the Aussie boxart.

blazingangelsww2boxart.jpg

IGN has a bit of a different version. There’s no telling how long this boxart has been up there.

blazingangelswiitboxart_160w.jpg

GameSpot, and GameStop don’t have this version of the boxart. GameSpot does have this bit of info though.

By: Ubisoft

Genre: WWII Flight Sim

Release Date: Mar 20, 2007 (more)

Players: 1-2; 16 Online (tech info)

Offline Modes: Team Oriented

Online Modes: Competitive

Next up, we have a bit from GameFly. I have put the important bit in italics.

Salvation comes from above thanks to the Blazing Angels, an elite flying unit charged with turning the tide of World War II. Command a squadron of AI-controlled wingmen through cinematic renditions of WWII’s landmark battles. Pilot authentic WWII aircraft with instinctive controls. Experience the sensation of flight like never before with the Wii’s unique controller. Engage the enemy at Pearl Harbor, make strafing runs over German industrial targets, and more. Over the course of a 20-mission campaign spanning the entire war, you and your squadron will develop into a seamless fighting force. Use the Wii’s wireless function for epic multiplayer dogfights or to team up with other squadrons for co-op missions.

I checked around GameStop and Ubisoft’s site to see if this description came from somewhere else. I wanted to see if someone had replaced the word “Playstation 3″ or “Xbox 360″ with “Wii”. Neither of those sites had that summary. Once again, this is pure rumor for now. The one thing that leads me to believe this is untrue is the simple fact that the game ships March 20th. Let’s hunt down some proof, and figure this one out. Thanks to everyone that tipped us onto this!

As much as I want this game to be online, even though im not interested, I don't think it will. This game will be on the shelves in a few weeks? But Nintendo just shipped the online dev kits, didnt they? It's mostly likely a mixup with the PS3 version.

I wouldnt expect any online games till Summer at the earliest.

Use the Wii’s wireless function for epic multiplayer dogfights or to team up with other squadrons for co-op missions.

I always like it when there's a co-op mode, I hope this is true

Would there not be a Wiconnect24 symbol instead of Wi-Fi to indicate online play?

I'd say the opposite.. I imagine UbIsoft gets first look at new development kits as they are a faovored 3rd party. So not unbelievable.

Wasn't Blazing Angels originally a launch title...then due out in January...then now in March?

Addition of online would explain that.

Isn't Blazing Angels crap though?

From what I have heard, it isn't so bad as some reviewers have said, but it isn't anything stellar either.

All I've got to say is about time. Excite Truck should've been online already.

i doubt it i mean why would they cover it up? If this was on-line it would make everyones wish list and the devs know that so why oh why would they cover it up!?

Would there not be a Wiconnect24 symbol instead of Wi-Fi to indicate online play?

WiiConnect24 is that the Wii can download things when not being properly on. The WiFi symbol is playing games online.

Elebits didn't have the WiFi symbol on the box...

They havent released a single screenshot of this game have they? And theres only a few days to go until launch. That 100% means that its a pile of far cry poo.

I love Blazing Angels on the 360, so if this is online and gets good reviews then it's a definite buy. Ubisoft have been with the Wii since 2004/5 so I'd expect they already received online dev kits.

Im really not sure about this one. Guess we will have to wait until its close to release before we find out whats true and whats not.

I didn't even know Blazing Angels was coming to Wii.

Heatseeker or BA... SO HARD TO CHOOSE!

I wanted to pick this up at launch and was gutted when it got delayed. If it has online multiplayer that would be so awesome.

Ooh....I may get this now...

I played the 360 demo, and loved the flying. It felt like that of BF1942's-a nice balance of fun and realism, with out being annoyingly difficult and sim-like. What stopped me buying it was the shocking inability of the main characters to be either British, as they really should be in the RAF, or to speak English.

A quote to highlight this issue? Here's one: "They're heading for the London tower!":blank:

Bar the water, it looks exactly the same as the PS3/360 version. The water in the Wii version looks uglier - it matches the setting now, tho.