N-Europe

Instant Messaging Slang in Real Life

Whizkid

Me and Caris do it, but taking the miccy, imagine geordie charvs, and you got a pretty good idea how annoying it is

lol m8 a cudnt agre mre lyk.

lol.

Im trying to make words longer than normall so it defeats the point of it, so fa rim came up with "meight" and thats it...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My friend says 'owned' and 'noob', but jokingly.

I used owned in some occasions, when saying "BURN!" or "Pimpsmacked" becomes a little reduntant.

U don't like ppl tlk in IM spk? w/abt txtspk? 0R /\/\4'/B3 L337 5P34|<, j00Z L1|<3 7|-|47?

I'd love to use that in real talk, but to say "forward slash, backward slash, forward slash, backward slash Eee" to say Me takes the edge off it.

lol m8 a cudnt agre mre lyk.

lol.

Im trying to make words longer than normall so it defeats the point of it, so fa rim came up with "meight" and thats it...

I've seen people use sk8te before, and it made me want to find them and then slap them hard, twice. That's what annoys me most about it when done online, people who aren't actually saving themself any hassle, either creating more or just making themselves look retarded.

I've seen people use sk8te before, and it made me want to find them and then slap them hard, twice. That's what annoys me most about it when done online, people who aren't actually saving themself any hassle, either creating more or just making themselves look retarded.

I hate that too for example using woz instad of was it just makes me want to kill them and anyone who has used the word.

EDIT- some of these names are whats wrong with the world.

crapattackzp8.png

^Mine's "FHUTA" at the moment....is that allowed?:heh:

Well, when I say that, I mean they shorten many words with x or k, example:

[22:01] :[:[;)Enri:P:[:[: vale

[22:01] :[:[;)Enri:P:[:[: po weno xau

[22:01] :[:[;)Enri:P:[:[: adio

[22:01] :[:[;)Enri:P:[:[: y gracias

[21:56] Owen: Pues esto es lo que dice el correo

[21:56] :[:[;)Enri:P:[:[: y si no pago k me acen??

[21:56] Owen: eBay puede cerrar tu cuenta

[21:56] :[:[;)Enri:P:[:[: y yata??

[21:54] :[:[;)Enri:P:[:[: ta llegao ahroa??

[21:55] :[:[;)Enri:P:[:[: oweno tu

[21:55] :[:[;)Enri:P:[:[: escuxame arhoa solo a mi

[21:55] :[:[;)Enri:P:[:[: k es inportante coño

Conversations with my Spanish friend, Enrique.

?

?

Bye

& thanks

.......that?....the?....

&..............

eBay.......

&......

...It's important?....

That's all I got:heh:

As you can tell, my spanish consists of odd words which do include jamon, y and telefono...ooo, and pollo!!

Some of my mate WoW nerds use words like 'plx', 'nubs' and 'lol' in real life.

Come on people. YOU'RE FRICKING DUTCH.

It's the same in Belgium, though. Many people see 'lol' as a real world. Though in Dutch 'lol' actually means something, it's literally 'fun'. But they mean it like in 'laughing out loud'. The funniest thing to do with text slang, though, is when something strange happens saying out loud 'O..M..G!'. It sounds so oddl wrong and it's incredibly funny.

Though the most annoying things are things like MP (metroid prime), wow (world of warcraft) cs (counter strike - though I recognize it as the latest editon of Adobe-range programs, the creative suite). They're incredibly annoying and confusing to hear.

LoL, i WaS jUsT aBoUt tO sAy ThE sAmE tHiNg aFtEr SeEiNg HaRrIbO's PiC.

I do sometimes think 'Ty' in my head when I say thanks to people, but I don't think I've actually said it yet. I think Ty would be quite a cool substitute for thanks, and it isn't even that far from ta anyway, which I sometimes use.

lol! That just reminded me of when I went to the cinema recently to see something with my friend only I can't remember what it was we went to see and there was some people in the audience as the trailers and stuff was coming up just shouting out stuff like lol noob roffle etc, was kind of funny because I realised how sad I was finding it funny. I haven't got a clue what the hell we saw though, and now it's bugging me.

could be that "noobies" thing at the odeon? y'know, that really annoying advert they show informing us, very slowly, about their new special days. In the advert, kids and babies and old people dissapear, and the babies thing is called Noobies.

BESTEXPLANATIONEVA.

could be that "noobies" thing at the odeon? y'know, that really annoying advert they show informing us, very slowly, about their new special days. In the advert, kids and babies and old people dissapear, and the babies thing is called Noobies.

BESTEXPLANATIONEVA.

That noobies thing at odeon is mint.