N-Europe

This months ONM

Hero-of-Time

Just bought the mag this morning and its a pretty good read this month. The big suprise is the big section they devote to My Sims which I have to say looks fantastic and they are equally optimistic.

After Sims 2:Pets we were expecting a sub-standard clone of Animal Crossing. But MySims is looking like a fantastic game that combines the best bits of Animal Crossing, Harvest Moon and The Sims and adds even more.

Another preview they done was on the zombie shooter Dead N Furious and again they are very excited by it even if I am abit skeptical.

Although Dead N Furious has been in development for a while now, we only got to properly sit down and play it and we are amazed at how playable it really is. This could easily be the first suprsie hit in 2007.

Reviews wise here are a few of the games that they did review:

Sonic and the Secret Rings:- 81%

Pros:- Controls breathe new life into Sonic

Ring customisationis a great Idea

Visually fantastic detailed levels

Cons:- Can occasionally be frustrating

The 40 minigames lack depth

Kororinpa:- 80%

Pros

Intuitive and additive control method

Remote and Nuchuck two player is a great idea

The balls are varied and hilarious

Cons

Lack of proper camera control is disappointing

Abit to easy

Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2:- 84%

Pros

Simple enjoyable 3D fighting

Huge combat areas

Nice destructible scenery

Great animated look

Cons

Ludicrously poor plot

Freshly Picked Tingles Rosy Rupeeland:- 76%

Pros

A totally unique adventure

Bizarre characters are genuinely funny

Fantastically stylised graphics

Cons

Dungeons are a chore

Rubbish fighting system

Mario Vs Donkey Kong 2:March of the Minis:- 82%

Pros

Intuitive and easy to learn controls

WiFi mode increases longevity

Classic Mario charm - colourful and funny

Excellent level editor features

Cons

Far too easy for experienced gamers.

They also have put a nice VC cheats section in the mag and I hope that this is a feature that will stick with the magazine.

Just bought the mag this morning and its a pretty good read this month. The big suprise is the big section they devote to My Sims which I have to say looks fantastic and they are equally optimistic.

Another preview they done was on the zombie shooter Dead N Furious and again they are very excited by it even if I am abit skeptical.

Reviews wise here are a few of the games that they did review:

Sonic and the Secret Rings:- 81%

Pros:- Controls breathe new life into Sonic

Ring customisationis a great Idea

Visually fantastic detailed levels

Cons:- Can occasionally be frustrating

The 40 minigames lack depth

Kororinpa:- 80%

Pros

Intuitive and additive control method

Remote and Nuchuck two player is a great idea

The balls are varied and hilarious

Cons

Lack of proper camera control is disappointing

Abit to easy

Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2:- 84%

Pros

Simple enjoyable 3D fighting

Huge combat areas

Nice destructible scenery

Great animated look

Cons

Ludicrously poor plot

Freshly Picked Tingles Rosy Rupeeland:- 76%

Pros

A totally unique adventure

Bizarre characters are genuinely funny

Fantastically stylised graphics

Cons

Dungeons are a chore

Rubbish fighting system

Mario Vs Donkey Kong 2:March of the Minis:- 82%

Pros

Intuitive and easy to learn controls

WiFi mode increases longevity

Classic Mario charm - colourful and funny

Excellent level editor features

Cons

Far too easy for experienced gamers.

They also have put a nice VC cheats section in the mag and I hope that this is a feature that will stick with the magazine.

*swoon*

I'm not the only one who reads it! But I have got every issue, though.

Guest Stefkov

What about the £5 game voucher and the 7 posters, What are they like?

They havnt been generous on the scores have they? Usually they're giving out 90% to every game. Seems they may have calmed down and are actually giving them scores based on their play test not because its nintendo.

Did they have a release date for Freshly Picked Tingles Rosy Rupeeland? (Quality title! :laughing: )

Nope but I did read somewhere it was due in April, cant remember where I read it though.

Didn't the editor of ONM leave before this issue? Or Something.

Yeah I think so because in this months they dont have a pick of the editor its just all blacked out and they say that the new one will be shown next month.

What about the £5 game voucher and the 7 posters, What are they like?

The £5 voucher is for ExciteTruck when bought in Currys or Dixons. The 7 Posters are of Sonic, Metal Slug, MySim, Sonic again, DBZ, Heatseeker and Minda.

Yeah I think so because in this months they dont have a pick of the editor its just all blacked out and they say that the new one will be shown next month.

I just know that the next editor will be the current deputy editor, and the new deputy editor will be the current editor of nRevolution. Both of these people were the editor and deputy editor of the magazine CUBE for a while.

Nope but I did read somewhere it was due in April, cant remember where I read it though.

The £5 voucher is for ExciteTruck when bought in Currys or Dixons. The 7 Posters are of Sonic, Metal Slug, MySim, Sonic again, DBZ, Heatseeker and Minda.

Chandra Nair is the ecitor of ONM it says so right at the start.

And they say in ONM that every Wii Online game coming forward will have their online component like pokemon battle revolution. If anyone can disproove this post a source to where it states this

And they say in ONM that every Wii Online game coming forward will have their online component like pokemon battle revolution. If anyone can disproove this post a source to where it states this

you mean as in seperate friend codes?the rate they are going this forum is gonna need to increase the amount of texts allowed in sigs we are gonna have so many friend codes listed in there....

Chandra Nair is the ecitor of ONM it says so right at the start.

Yeah your right its the Deputy Editor that is the mystery man/woman.

you mean as in seperate friend codes?the rate they are going this forum is gonna need to increase the amount of texts allowed in sigs we are gonna have so many friend codes listed in there....

LMBO. Very true!

Guest Stefkov

M mum came home with it and I read through it. MySims looks really cool, building your own furniture, granted its only as blocks I kinda lke the sound of it. The settlers aswell sounds awesome.

Please! TO HOLY GOD! Don't let that friends code thing be true..........PLEASE!!!!

thats the way I'm feeling, wot a nightmare if it is. I mean personally I'm not asking for something as indepth as xbox live yet. I'd happily have an address book update, whereby it says what games players have, whether or not they are online and if so what they are playing, an invite button, perhaps, just something simple to start with, but at the moment I can't see even that happening, or even something simpler....

I mean I know Nintendo want to protect minors, which is far enough, but surely they could incorporate something into the parental controls, so that the rest of us can get on with having some decent kind of service.

If they set Pokemon Battle Revolution as an example of online Wii gaming, I don't see what's the problem. They're not saying every Wii game needs a seperate friend code, they're just saying that the Wii has an online game.

Some people read too much in stuff.

If they set Pokemon Battle Revolution as an example of online Wii gaming, I don't see what's the problem. They're not saying every Wii game needs a seperate friend code, they're just saying that the Wii has an online game.

Some people read too much in stuff.

Yes they have you need a friend code for the game - its a complete seperate friend code. Standard have been set.

I'm not complaing or anything but maybe one number for anything.

thats the way I'm feeling, wot a nightmare if it is. I mean personally I'm not asking for something as indepth as xbox live yet. I'd happily have an address book update, whereby it says what games players have, whether or not they are online and if so what they are playing, an invite button, perhaps, just something simple to start with, but at the moment I can't see even that happening, or even something simpler....

I mean I know Nintendo want to protect minors, which is far enough, but surely they could incorporate something into the parental controls, so that the rest of us can get on with having some decent kind of service.

Yeah. I'd be happy if it was just IDs rather than those god awful codes. It can't be that hard to pull off surely. The list just doesn't feel like a friends list. You have no idea what so ever if they are online or off. It just feels like a list of names, say like on a mobile phone or something.