NEurope
Triple_C

Why you hate GAME

My local Game rocks, hence why I got a job there. I know several people who work there and went bowling with some staff last week. The manager even knows about the crazy shit that went on with Woolworths and doesn't mind. Looking forward to working there as of Monday 24th.

The manager at my Game fixed my computer and gave me loads of demo discs and such, we talk about gaming a lot when he should be working, pretty freindly staff at mine - and can you blame them for having a small GameCube stand, seriously...

I like Gamestation more though...

Ashley, is that the Kidderminster branch? Does Jenny Davaney still manage that one?

Some of the people at mine just dont have a clue. And the thing is the shop is massive, very big, and they just dont take advantage of it, theres so much space, I would understand if its always busy, but its nearly always empty. Gamestation on the other hand, make the most of what little space they have, they are always full, the ques go down fast and they know what they are talking about. When we went in while chatting on pictochat the man asked me in pictochat "Can I help you?" And I replyed saying "Do you have roject rub?". he produced Project Rub from behind the counter and I was well chuffed.

2 reasons, 1. they know nothing about games, and 2. they sell used games as new (ones form the 10 day return policy are sold as "new" even though some kid could have rumbed his greezy mits on it for 9 days).

My local Game rocks, hence why I got a job there. I know several people who work there and went bowling with some staff last week. The manager even knows about the crazy shit that went on with Woolworths and doesn't mind. Looking forward to working there as of Monday 24th.

ooh, excitement! what crazy shit?

My local games are both crap, the staff dont have a clue what there talking about.

Ooooh so many reasons to hate game, the main one being though that the one i usually go to often offers £10 less for trade-ins than the nearest gamestation.

But mine isn't full fledged bad words.

[edit] but you shouldn't of looked at it should you? You seem to hate nintendo

I will happily put my hand up and say Im a nintendo fanboy and I think your sig is pretty bad(not the bit with DSs but the bit about sony and M$.

And I am pretty sure that there is a sig size limit and then 2 lines of text on top of that unless it changed when the forum moved from xsorbit.

I know! the have a whole wall of PS2 games(not including the console or accesories) but only a little stand for GC games, the console and accesories.

It's also the same here :(

I've found the Braehead GAME to be alright the staff are usally helpfull and they always seem happy to refund or exchange my game or console (stupid DS, always getting dead pixels :mad: ) even if it is over the ten days.

GAME is rubish, there games are really expensive and when u trade a game they always scruw u over. i think gamestation is the best u can find anything in there even nes games. plus they don't charge much

i dont mind GAME. Plus one of my best friends works there and she usually gives me a discount so yay for me.

So GAME will actually exchange your DS if it has dead pixels? I just assumed you'd have to send it away to Nintendo or something.

Well i just bought it from them last saturday and they swapped it only to give me another dead pixeled (real word?) ds. I think today is the last day and i think i'm going into GAME this time throughly checking it ;)

Sheesh, i thought it was usually ages before your DS could start getting dead pixels, not right away. I hope mine doesn't go that way, it's only 2 weeks old. I'm keeping my receipt whatever happens.

Ashley' date=' is that the Kidderminster branch? Does Jenny Davaney still manage that one?[/quote']

Nah I think she left a while ago, its Dean someone now.

And to those who said congrats, thanks ^_^

I quite like game ive had no probs with them same goes with electronics boutique when it used to be called that :)

Gamestation in Newport always have heavy music on in there these days so there cool as well....picked up chaos theroy for 9.99 in there last week :D

I actually quite like their 10 day no hassle returns policy.

What you should do is if you want Trade in prices but in cash for your used games is Buy a New Game from GAME and trade your old games in with it. Then after a few days return the game and ask for Cash.

Not only do you get cash for trade in prices but get to rent a game for free. :wink:

GAME is rubish, there games are really expensive and when u trade a game they always scruw u over. i think gamestation is the best u can find anything in there even nes games. plus they don't charge much

It depends whrether you want a used Game or a new one. If your buying new your best going to GAME optherwise Gamestation are much cheaper. :smile:

I don't mind game, but the vast majority of my planned purchases are done online as it's just that much cheaper.

Impulse purchases are usually done in game, and I have never recieved looks of dismay when buying titles like Nintendogs, Harvest Moon, Mario and Luigi........One thing I did like was when the guy behind the counter said

'seriously miss, Fifa street is rubbish....i'd reccomend not buying it'

She didn't listen, but at least he tried.

all "high street" shops suck, not just game. online shops are much better, fair enough you have to wait but not long. you don't have to deal with useless fucking staff, **** people who walk about 1mph infront of you as if they've got all the bastard time in the world and just the general unpleasent looking & smelling masses known as the public.

do you not like going out ford ?

i actually prefer a bit of customer service and a friendly smile whilst walking around the shops.