Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just completed Oni Island and have been told to head northwards. (Am I even over half way?) I enjoyed those races with Tobi as I climbed the island, a good way to keep the dungeoneering fresh!
Yep, you're pretty much at the 2/3rd's point now and on to the final 'chapter' of the game... believe me... things get pretty damn amazing!!

Ninetails was awesome yes?!!

EDIT: oh also... it's very easy to miss this nonessential to the quest item... but head back to the City Emperor for a very cool upgrade!

Edited by Retro_Link

Yep, you're pretty much at the 2/3rd's point now and on to the final 'chapter' of the game... believe me... things get pretty damn amazing!!

Ninetails was awesome yes?!!

EDIT: oh also... it's very easy to miss this nonessential to the quest item... but head back to the City Emperor for a very cool upgrade!

It was a great battle. It defeated me the first time because I kinda gave up because I didn't think I was getting anywhere by killing the "divided up" ninetails a few times as it wasn't harming his overall health. Second time round, I stuck in there and got my rewards by weakening him to a plain old fox and sleighing him. :hehe: Quality.

I've the game saved straight after that. I see there is a cutscene with Waka awaiting, so once he does his thing, I'll stop over with whats her face... Himiko is it?

I'll buy it when I don't have 20 other games to play.

Or when you are less dead inside.

It was a great battle. It defeated me the first time because I kinda gave up because I didn't think I was getting anywhere by killing the "divided up" ninetails a few times as it wasn't harming his overall health. Second time round, I stuck in there and got my rewards by weakening him to a plain old fox and sleighing him. :hehe: Quality.

I've the game saved straight after that. I see there is a cutscene with Waka awaiting, so once he does his thing, I'll stop over with whats her face... Himiko is it?

The fat Emporer guy who was a dungeon is the guy to go back and see... Himiko's not around still by this stage is she?

The Emporer trades stuff for blue fangs, and there's a nice little tablet you can buy off him at one stage... won't give away what it does.

Man I wish there was a console sequel to this game!! I miss it!!

The fat Emporer guy who was a dungeon is the guy to go back and see... Himiko's not around still by this stage is she?

The Emporer trades stuff for blue fangs, and there's a nice little tablet you can buy off him at one stage... won't give away what it does.

Man I wish there was a console sequel to this game!! I miss it!!

Ah yes, of course. Forgot there was some male characters in this game! :wink:

Mixed Himiko up with whoever became a dragon bridge for me.

So... where exactly am I supposed to get these fangs from to trade with the Emperor?
They're the ones that monsters drop as you battle them... Have you not picked up a few hundred or more as you've been battling monsters?

There's already been a blue fang traders or two in the game.

If you don't have many go back to the original field where the easiest monsters are and battle a load there. For easy fangs just 'pee' on every monster... but you also get them for blocking their attacks at just the right time and for finishing them off in the right way when you defeat them and they go all slow-mo.

The brown apes who carry guitars are the easiest to pick up a load from.

You get 1 from 'peeing', another from blocking their guitar just before it hits you, and I think two from finishing them off with a power slash.

Oh... I don't think I ever used bombs in battle! :D

Don't think the dojo teaches you about that sort of stuff... have a look at some of your earliest scrolls maybe.

Basically, equip a shield as your sub weapon 'Z'... and every time an enemy is about to hit you with their weapon, or with a slap/kick... press it to shield the attack/perform a finisher... most enemies will drop a fang.

When you've killed an enemy they briefly slow down... slash them with a brush stroke and some will drop a fang.

And 'peeing' on enemy with the 'C' button will always cause them to drop one.

Edited by Retro_Link

• 6 months later...

I just want to give this game a major plug. What a game. It's a long time since I've been this enthralled by a game. I'd say I'm about 3/4 way through the game judging by the stray bead count and loving every minute of it which is 70+ hours so far. The similarities with Zelda are undeniable which is a compliment. The game was sitting on my shelf for the past 2 years, didn't know what to expect and wasn't in a rush to play it. If they announced a sequel tomorrow which is highly unlikely unfortunately I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Anybody that loves a true masterpiece along the lines and in the vein of Zelda, get out there and buy this game. I'm sure it's alot cheaper now, it's Epic!

If they announced a sequel tomorrow which is highly unlikely unfortunately I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Okamiden is probably the best you can hope for then, it's got very good reviews though.

I have Okami but have only played it a little so far, too much else too play. Can't wait to give it the time it deservesd because I was very pleased with my experience with it so far.

Okamiden is probably the best you can hope for then, it's got very good reviews though.

Yes, sorry, I'm aware of Okamiden but I meant a console sequel. It started off slowly for me but it quickly only got better and better. I don't want it to end.

• 11 months later...

My latest personal project has become Okami, and, after having played it for 2 and a half hours, I can safely say that it's yet another treat for someone who's studying Japanese and Japanese culture (as was Muramasa: The Demon Blade).

It's quite awesome that they're using all kinds of notions and names and stuff from the Japanese creation chronicles the Kojiki and the Nihon Shoki.

The artstyle is also breathtaking, although there's somewhat of a veil of vagueness surrounding Amaterasu, is this normal? Because when I look at her it's like I think I might need glasses or something....

It has a certain charm though, but every artstyle requires some getting used to.

I'm looking forward to sinking another 60+ hours into this game :D

Okami is probably the longest game I've ever played!

But also definately one of the greatest!

It's an incredible game and stunning to look at. Stick with it right the way through... I imagine many people give up around half way, if not before.

In a way I wish I still had it, but it's such a long game I doubt I'd ever give it another playthrough... but great mammaries memories! ;)

Edited by Retro_Link

Congrats on discovering the joys of Okami, Fused King but isn't it time you started a new file in LKS?!

I got to the snowy area and for some reason haven't played it since - I remember Retro_Link told me (on this very page) how to pee on baddies but I never fired the game up again to try it out. Maybe one day.

Come on @darksnowman, the snow section is by far the best part of the game! Some truely Epic stuff!

I haven't even got as far as the snow section :hmm: I'm not sure what exactly it is but I just can't seem to play Okami for any length of time. I keep trying to go back to it now and again but I only ever have one or two brief sessions and then I end up not touching it for months :sad:

Next time I return, I'll have to do my best to stick with it..

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!