Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You gotta give me more substantial impressions than that. :heh: Is Okami better than Twilight Princess, as people like to point out? How come...?

No, not at all. I don't want to list loads of faults, I just can't think of any one way it's better. I even found the art style hard on the eye (in the PS2 version, anyway).

I don't know about better or worse, but I'd say, as a whole, it is certainly equivalent to a Zelda game. The inspirations are so obvious and in your face (and openly admitted) that I cannot fathom a Zelda fan disliking the game. Or a gamer in general. You want hardcore games for the Wii? Okami says hello.

While as a whole, Zelda and Okami are certainly as good as each other, there are particular things that Okami does better.

One thing that Okami probably does better than Zelda, is the seemless integration of the dungeons into the game world and story. Whilst Zelda can feel like a succession of dungeons, Okami does it in a very organic way that Zelda should probably take a look at.

Another thing that Okami has better than Twilight Princess at least is the music. Zelda games normally have great music, OoT and WW have excelent music, but the music in TP was very mediocre in my opinion. Okami's music is excelent, very melodic and well composed themes, in a traditional japanese style. I love it.

Gameplay is 100% the same as Zelda's.

On first play, Okami may be easier to like than Zelda; I think it's heart is really in the right place.

However, I just find Zelda's story to be a lot more engrossing, the locals more charming and the dungeons more epic. It's weird, but there's a real sense of last-gen about Okami more than Twlight Princess, even though they are both essentially PS2 and Gamecube title respectively. Oh, and I'm also one of the people who don't think Okami's art style is all that.

But that's comparing it to one of the greatest games of all time. Okami is still a fabulous game in its own right... just try to block out some of the hype.

Yes, i use the Rosary, simply because i can't attack any other way.

Also, the sword IS IMPOSSIBLE TO USE. Its freaking powerful, but impossible to use.

I also hate a thing about this game:

So, it starts boring but it keeps getting better and better, i am completely delighted, and i finally get to the final boss, i have a big fight, i defeat him.

I see a big story, Susano is happy, everyone is happy, the world is in delight, but wait...

"The story is only beginning"

WHAT?

So, i guess to the next area, now in the south, i have a big story, i go to a lot of dungeons, i get careful, i find some awesome dungeons, i find the Lord of the Darkness, the one who started all, i finally defeat him.

Beautiful story with everyone happy.

"But its still not over"

WHAAAAAAAAT?, FUCK YOU!!!

So, i now have to go to North.

I understand they want to make the game long, but don't freaking hype us with the "Final Boss" thingy, we spend all our potions to defeat this asshole and then find out that we need to do a lot more? SCREW YOU.

there's probably no more text in it than a Zelda game, but there seemed no way to speed up the text crawl, unlike Zelda where you can skip the crawl and have a full paragraph.

Yes, you can speed up the text crawl, just not in selected cut-scenes. But in Zelda you can't speed up the text in certain cut-scenes either.

Okami is now £12.99 @ Zavvi

No excuses, buy!

Blimey that's fantastic. I've been after this on the cheap for a while.

Currently they're showing it as out of stock. I've ordered it, but it says there could be a 4 week wait. :eek: Has anyone here used Zavvi online before? Is it really likely to be that long? Are they likely to pull the offer and leave you gameless? :D Let me know. It's the first order I've ever made with them.

I originally ordered my copy of The World Ends With You. After 4 weeks I cancelled my order and went elsewhere.

However, at that price, its a steal. Buy. And wait..

They're a bit crap then? Oh well. I'll hang on a bit, but if I see it around elsewhere I'll pick it up. Thanks for the reply.

I don't mind waiting, especially at such a good price, but 4 weeks and nothing is a bit crap choose how you look at it isn't it? Thanks again.

And with this, every game i have on the Wii is completed ^^

So, final impressions:

The things i liked the most in this game:

-The techniques

-The Story

-The Side Quests

The things that make this game far from perfect:

-They don't know how to drag the story, they just keep us hyping the "end", only to then tell us that there is still more, i don't like the style at all.

-Too easy, in the final results, i only died once, and it was to Waka because of my distraction

But yes, overall its a good game

Don't think I died once when playing through on my first go. I need to continue my second run through of this. Miss running around the fields as Ammy. Perhaps in the lead up to xmas I'll complete it for a second time, although it's really easy because I've kept all my weapons so using the last rosary thing you get I can kill most things in one swing of them.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!