N-Europe

If You Were Nintendo How Would You Improve The Wii?

ZeldaFreak

Your biggest problem with the Wii seems to be the sensor bar. But this isn't a problem with the Wii, it is a problem with your setup. So what I don't understand is how you can blame Nintendo for the problems. Personally, I would rather have lower end graphics and games that come out more regularly than a powerhouse system with £50 games and £400 system. Integrating topend graphics and the Wii controls will make games take alot longer to develop, and you're already complaining about how Brawl won't be out until '08. You're arguments are consistenly hyprocritical, and you need to think them through before you spout them.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still don't see whats so good about the wii's controller. It doesn't add anything new especially when you want to fire a gun in red steel you have to aim your arm to the top/bottom of your tv to get the sensor bar to pick up the movement.

My dad hates wii sports especially for the golf way over sensitive on drives and under sensitive on putting. However one of my dads favourite games is zelda. He was complaining about it : "so I flick the controller in order to use the sword, why not press a button?"

Thats a question I have asked myself sometimes it registers the flick other times you have to shake it to get a response out of that controller. It didn't hamper my dad's or my experience with the game, though.

If the Wii was like this, I wouldn't have bought it.

So you don't want a unified online experience with the wii? Huh..

:shakehead

I still don't see whats so good about the wii's controller. It doesn't add anything new especially when you want to fire a gun in red steel you have to aim your arm to the top/bottom of your tv to get the sensor bar to pick up the movement.

My dad hates wii sports especially for the golf way over sensitive on drives and under sensitive on putting. However one of my dads favourite games is zelda. He was complaining about it : "so I flick the controller in order to use the sword, why not press a button?"

Thats a question I have asked myself sometimes it registers the flick other times you have to shake it to get a response out of that controller. It didn't hamper my dad's or my experience with the game, though.

Not one I have to pay for, no. But that wasn't the point I was making, if the Wii didn't have the controller, than I wouldn't see the point in buying it. And the sensor bar stuff is your fault, after using it for arrows in Zelda, I couldn't go back, the precision and ease of use is incredible.

I mean seriously, what is the point of buying a machine that's 2/3s of the power of the 360, with the same control as we've already had for two generations? Please tell me, i'm honestly interested as to why you wouldn't just buy a 360?

I certainly don't because I don't want developers concentrating on the online component of games. Just like I don't want a standard bundled controller so devs just port PS2 titles over or make crippled versions of 360 titles. I doubt anyone apart from you would have bought your dream machine, to be honest.

You really do seem to be saying "I wish the Wii was exactly like the 360, but not as powerful". You would have bought a Wii like that?

I certainly don't because I don't want developers concentrating on the online component of games. Just like I don't want a standard bundled controller so devs just port PS2 titles over or make crippled versions of 360 titles. I doubt anyone apart from you would have bought your dream machine, to be honest.

You really do seem to be saying "I wish the Wii was exactly like the 360, but not as powerful". You would have bought a Wii like that?

So the great online experience is something you don't want for the wii. ok then you stick using the fiend code crap then.

And they are still porting over ps2 ports of games and shoehorning the wii on to them.

I was playing uno just the other day and chatting away to this french chick tons of good fun. Yet nintendo don't want you to talk over the wii. Even the ps3 allows anyone with a bluetooth headset to talk over in games.

Seen as it would of been cheaper, then yeah

So the great online experience is something you don't want for the wii. ok then you stick using the fiend code crap then.

And they are still porting over ps2 ports of games and shoehorning the wii on to them.

I was playing uno just the other day and chatting away to this french chick tons of good fun. Yet nintendo don't want you to talk over the wii. Even the ps3 allows anyone with a bluetooth headset to talk over in games.

OK, there are American nutters telling me to f*** off whenever I play my friend's Xbox Live, and no one latches on. A pedophile uses PICTOCHAT to speak to young girls, which has a reach of 100ft, and everyone latches on and burns Nintendo as heretics. Imagine what would happen online?

Don't even use that, online games are full of people like you. I've traded a few Mii and used the new channel, that's about it. haven't used my DS or PC online for ages either.

Yep, and I don't buy them. unless they use the controller and offer something different. if you didn't force devs to do it by not using a PS3 style old fashioned controller that's all we'd get.

In real life? Did the french chick say LOL, MY DICE PWN, UR A FAG LOL. WTF UR USING FUCKING HACKS!?

The last thing I want is voice over online games.

How much cheaper? Would it not have been worth getting the more powerful 360? Haven't you got a 360 anyway? Why would youw ant a watered down one?

THE OTHER CONSOLES HAVE EVERYTHING YOU WANT. Play them instead. Or take some time out and learn to spell, take a course in English grammar and read a book about how to form an argument.

But would it have been cheaper? If they had all that in then no, it wouldn't be.

I personally have always hated console shooters because I hate the sort of "C Stick" movement to aim. Red Steel is so much better than that. It's the first console shooter I have enjoyed since Goldeneye. And Zelda aswell - while I don't need to get it in such a hurry like a shooter, the bow and arrow system is just so much easier with the wiimote. If the game doesnt register you're flicks, maybe thats because you have it on the "long movement" setting?

The online thing - if you want that, you pay the monthly for Xbox Live. That system was inplace well before Nintendo started on their one, so give them some time. It's not got a monthly like the Live.

Seriously. You're blind to what everyone here is telling you. This is my last post or look at this topic.

Don't even use that, online games are full of people like you. I've traded a few Mii and used the new channel, that's about it. haven't used my DS or PC online for ages either.

Yep, and I don't buy them. unless they use the controller and offer something different. if you didn't force devs to do it by not using a PS3 style old fashioned controller that's all we'd get.

In real life? Did the french chick say LOL, MY DICE PWN, UR A FAG LOL. WTF UR USING FUCKING HACKS!?

The last thing I want is voice over online games.

How much cheaper? Would it not have been worth getting the more powerful 360? Haven't you got a 360 anyway? Why would youw ant a watered down one?

THE OTHER CONSOLES HAVE EVERYTHING YOU WANT. Play them instead. Or take some time out and learn to spell, take a course in English grammar and read a book about how to form an argument.

On xbox live playing uno - voip and unified online experiences is where multiplayer should be going to.

On xbox live playing uno - voip and unified online experiences is where multiplayer should be going to.

Sitting on your own playing with faceless geeks who might as well be bots is not where I want my multiplayer to be going to. And I always turn voice chat OFF as soon as I play any PC game so no, I wouldn't want it on my Wii.

People have told you if you want a 360, play your 360. Why you want two 360s is beyond me.

They have probably been said, but things I would of done would be.

2, More internal storage memory. If they are going to allow demos and such, then we need more space.

4, More juice wouldn't of hurt really. I'd like to know how much profit they are making on the Wii. Just to see what extra power and such could of been put in. This isn't that much of a factor, but it would of been nice to see just a glimpse of what the Wii is capable of from the start rather than waiting for games to show it later on.

I think its better that we DON'T know how much profit theyre making because quite frankly it would make me sick.

After several generations of Nintendo pouring theyre heart and soul into their consoles, the Wii just comes off as some sort of last-minute experiment in minimizing effort and maximizing profits. I know theyre a business but its not like theyre struggling or anything.

I think its better that we DON'T know how much profit theyre making because quite frankly it would make me sick.

After several generations of Nintendo pouring theyre heart and soul into their consoles, the Wii just comes off as some sort of last-minute experiment in minimizing effort and maximizing profits. I know theyre a business but its not like theyre struggling or anything.

Another generation like the gamecube would have put them in serious trouble.

Another generation like the gamecube would have put them in serious trouble.

The GC was Nintendo hardware engineering at its best (at launch) with poor public perception and marketing (and an unfortunate color choice)

The Wii is a not-so-awesome machine (at launch)

with great public perception and marketing.

Or at least thats my opinion of it. As a consumer, not a shareholder of Nintendo, naturally i want the best machine Nintendo can muster, and i dont think anyone can say with sincerity that the Wii is the best Nintendo can offer us.

Again, this is from a consumer perspective, not a business perspective

The GC was Nintendo hardware engineering at its best (at launch) with poor public perception and marketing (and an unfortunate color choice)

The Wii is a not-so-awesome machine (at launch)

with great public perception and marketing.

Or at least thats my opinion of it. As a consumer, not a shareholder of Nintendo, naturally i want the best machine Nintendo can muster, and i dont think anyone can say with sincerity that the Wii is the best Nintendo can offer us.

Again, this is from a consumer perspective, not a business perspective

A very good post, but you're forgetting that the businesses priorities are always different from the consumer's; the business wants to make as much money for as little effort as possible, and the consumer wants to get as much for their money as possible. From a business standpoint, the Wii is great, and like i've laready said in this topic, if I were Nintendo I wouldn't change a thing.

I'll say it again, the Wii reuse of GameCube hardware was more than just making profit. It ensured backwards compability and hardware familiarity, it was chosen by design.

That doesn't mean I would've minded a more powerful setup though.

I was playing uno just the other day and chatting away to this french chick tons of good fun.

Not to add fuel to the fire to this argument but I have you on my 360 friendslist and it says the following:

Last seen 11/19/2006 playing WWE SVR 2007

I have to ask you though if you hate the Wii that much and dont like the direction Nintendo have gone with it then simply sell the console or pack it away until a game you like appears. Also I am all for people having their own opinion but surely you know bashing the Wii on a Nintendo forum isnt a good idea especially when the argument is just based purely on opinion.

F**k NO it'd take longer to rush through it with a walkthrough

Um, no. Rushing through Zelda with a walkthrough would take about 30 hours, if that.

But what I cannot for the life of me understand is stuff like:

"I hate everything about the Wii, the name, the size, the colour white etc etc, why oh why couldn't they use a controller like the dual shock, I wish they'd made it HDD, it should have Sony style online support, and a 60gig hard drive, and more storage capacity, like blueray or something, and it should have third party games like Metal Gear coming out for it, why oh why will no-one make a system like this for me, I'd pay up to $600 for it for sure, you've screwed us over nintendo, what are people with my tastes supposed to do, it's not fair, no-one caters for me, lets start a Wii bashing thread and a mail bomb campaign".

Instead of sitting around wishing the Wii was a PS3, buy a PS3...

He was being sarcastic.

Not to add fuel to the fire to this argument but I have you on my 360 friendslist and it says the following:

Last seen 11/19/2006 playing WWE SVR 2007

I have to ask you though if you hate the Wii that much and dont like the direction Nintendo have gone with it then simply sell the console or pack it away until a game you like appears. Also I am all for people having their own opinion but surely you know bashing the Wii on a Nintendo forum isnt a good idea especially when the argument is just based purely on opinion.

Em well you see not to put out the fire but I have two accounts on my 360 mate ;)

You kept this from me! For shame :angry:

Yeah sorry about this - but I was getting bugged by 3 american kids I defeated on xbox live so they kept on and on, etc...

So I created a new gold account but I only really use it to play uno online and a couple of other games.

However during easter I will resume my gamercard "Linkified", OK :grin:

The other one I don't give out to people on this forum its just got some of my buds on sorry mate :(