Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

If You Were Nintendo How Would You Improve The Wii?

ZeldaFreak

If I were Nintendo? Well considering the machine sells more week on week (at a profit) then any other console, apart from its other product, the DS, I wouldn't change a freaking thing. In fact right about now i'd be sipping the bubbly.

However if I was Sony.....

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Red Steel, it depends on who you talk to. I personally loved the controls and got into it quite easily, but it's criticised on the control front, so it's a love-hate thing.

I personally loved the Wiimote controls in Zelda. Aiming with the bow was pretty easy, I thought, and the speaker was used quite effectively. I think if I was pushed into choosing which version to play through on a second run, it would be the Wii version again. There's no going back for me. :D

I agree, the Wiimote can be supersensitive, especially in some of the super monkey ball multiplayer games. Gah, it pisses me off. But, the whole multiplayer was quite shoddy, imo.

Still, the way I see it, sensitivity issues will be ironed out. It's a new concept, and that means it'll take some getting used to. But, I found the aiming using the bow in Zelda to be a lot more intuitve than the aiming in some of the monkey ball games. I have faith that it will improve.

the multiplayer in monkey ball is just terrible.it wasnt sensitive it was just broken.Everything done in monkey ball was done better in rayman eg whack a mole or peek a boo game was a million times better in rayman

Maybe its where my sensor bar is but keeps flashing around the screen, even when you hold your arm straight.

The only game I am willing to wait for is brawl and super paper mario. The first won't be available in the uk until 2008 & the other we haven't got a clue to what its like.

A) How far away are you from the screen?

B) Have you got any spastic lights in your room?

Maybe its where my sensor bar is but keeps flashing around the screen, even when you hold your arm straight.

The only game I am willing to wait for is brawl and super paper mario. The first won't be available in the uk until 2008 & the other we haven't got a clue to what its like.

Why are you willing to wait for it then if you know as much about it as all the other Wii games?

And you know Super Smash Brothers won't be out until 2008? How do you know this? do you work for Nintendo? are you Reggies secret lover???

No-one knows the release date for this game yet so stop acting like your in the know.

As for Paper Mario it's coming out on the 9th of April in the states so I'd imagine a European release will be shortly after that so you'll soon know what it's like and can make your mind up then.

Thing is one day I realised that Nintendo doesn't really cater to my tastes these days.

One day I relaised ZeldaFreak doesn't cater to this Forum's tastes

Now could you kindly remove your foot from your mouth. :p

No I'm not a sony fanboy.

I used to be a nintendo fanboy -owned the N64/GC/GB/GBC/GBA/DS/Wii

Thing is one day I realised that Nintendo doesn't really cater to my tastes these days.

Well here's an idea, how about you ask mummy for 360/PS3 games for your next birthday and play games that do cater for your tastes instead of moaning that the Wii's not aimed exclusively at bumfluffed teenage hormone wrecks like yourself on the Wii forum of a Nintendo site?

Then maybe you'll grow out of this phase when you get a bit older.

No I'm not a sony fanboy.

I used to be a nintendo fanboy -owned the N64/GC/GB/GBC/GBA/DS/Wii

You own every console I own :P

Anyway, i kinda understand what you're saying. With teh Wii nintendo are saying (whether they admit or not) 'If you want knew BIG games buy a 360/ps3. If you multiplayer fun with your mates or you want to introduce non gamers to gaming, by a wii'.

nintendo will make games towards your taste, but you're gonna have to wait a year or so mate. I mean, the GC got Batallion wars, fire emblem, Zelda, Mario and Metroid in the space of 2-3 years..Wii is getting them in the space of 1.

Give it time mate.

Seriously guys, if you're going to give somebody a counterargument, do it. But, don't resort to "petty insults" like calling him stupid or something. It's not right.

I still think there's big games heading Nintendo's way. I really don't see where all this party game business is coming from. We got a new Zelda on launch day, that's awesome I think. Nintendo has always been about multiplayer funness, but they have some heavy hitters, too.

And you know Super Smash Brothers won't be out until 2008? How do you know this? do you work for Nintendo? are you Reggies secret lover???

No-one knows the release date for this game yet so stop acting like your in the know.

As for Paper Mario it's coming out on the 9th of April in the states so I'd imagine a European release will be shortly after that so you'll soon know what it's like and can make your mind up then.

One day I relaised ZeldaFreak doesn't cater to this Forum's tastes

Now could you kindly remove your foot from your mouth. :p

If you work it out 18 months development time for brawl - didn't start until may 2006. So it should be out in japan by november 2007. And then by January 2008 it will be out over here.

Its called logic.

Well here's an idea, how about you ask mummy for 360/PS3 games for your next birthday and play games that do cater for your tastes instead of moaning that the Wii's not aimed exclusively at bumfluffed teenage hormone wrecks like yourself on the Wii forum of a Nintendo site?

Then maybe you'll grow out of this phase when you get a bit older.

Why would I ask for them when I could just go and buy them.

Why would I ask for them when I could just go and buy them.

Even better, spunk your student loan or Maccy D's cheque on them. Either way, stop moaning about the Wii and how you want it to be like two consoles that exist already! Why not buy the consoles aimed solely at your sterotypical teeny male demographic instead of wishing the only one with a wider target audience was exactly the same as the other two already available to you? Why not sell your Wii and use the money to buy Uber Cool Xtr3m Macho Growed Up Fighty Game Hi-Def 7 on the PS3 or 360? You could call your self something like "fatal1ty666" and shoot faceless swedish 13 year olds over the internet! And while you're doing that, you wont be on here acting like a broken record...

If you work it out 18 months development time for brawl - didn't start until may 2006. So it should be out in japan by november 2007. And then by January 2008 it will be out over here.

Its called logic.

Bloody hell your a Vulcan now!

Gasp......choke.......help me ZeldaFreaks got me in a Vulcan death grip! :shock:

I'll wait and see when it's released I'm not gonna go by your logic Spock. However if your right I'll set my phaser on stun and shoot myself!

Bloody hell your a Vulcan now!

Gasp......choke.......help me ZeldaFreaks got me in a Vulcan death grip! :shock:

I'll wait and see when it's released I'm not gonna go by your logic Spock. However if your right I'll set my phaser on stun and shoot myself!

I hope you will follow through with the statement you have just made.

I would release an updated Wiimote with a much better speaker in it, some of the sounds (usually from Zelda) that come out of it make me cringe.

I would also make an update so that you could change your Wii Friend Code into what your console name was and that could be added instead of the number.

Before i begin here, the Wii is NOT A BAD CONSOLE. I bought it, I enjoy it sometimes, and it has potential

I wish i could go back and find all the various interviews and quotes by Nintendo management about the controller, the hardware, online, and the VC during the 2 years leading up the Wii launch so i could point out how many lies were spouted.

A few of these lies, or misrepresentations

-Graphics/Wow

-the VC is just an attractive selling point, were not looking to make a business out of it

-SMASH BROS ONLINE AT LAUNCH!

-the 'revolution' controller will play any Nintendo game

-region free : peace:

Theres more but ill leave them out (such as DVD playback)

Again, the Wii is a perfectly GOOD console but its just not what i expected. So, on topic, how would i improve the Wii as it stands now?

-Slash VC prices to a more reasonable level

-Halt any internal production of GC sequel software. 'New generation' demands new IPs

*Nintendo is not a broke indie developer. It has huge software teams with deep pockets, why are we getting GC remixes??

-encourage (read:bribe) 3rd parties to bring AAA content, not PS2/PSP ports.

-take online multiplayer more seriously

If Nintendo would do those 4 things, my whole perception of the Wii would change

I would release an updated Wiimote with a much better speaker in it, some of the sounds (usually from Zelda) that come out of it make me cringe.

I would also make an update so that you could change your Wii Friend Code into what your console name was and that could be added instead of the number.

Agree about the speaker, it's utter crap. But a decent idea.

With regards to the friend code thing, I'd have it so everyone creates an MSN style thing with email address', just add people to your list and then a simple thing with the game they're playing etc. like the 'listening to...' bit on Live messenger. Then obviously add the games in.

Before i begin here, the Wii is NOT A BAD CONSOLE. I bought it, I enjoy it sometimes, and it has potential

I wish i could go back and find all the various interviews and quotes by Nintendo management about the controller, the hardware, online, and the VC during the 2 years leading up the Wii launch so i could point out how many lies were spouted.

A few of these lies, or misrepresentations

-Graphics/Wow

-the VC is just an attractive selling point, were not looking to make a business out of it

-SMASH BROS ONLINE AT LAUNCH!

-the 'revolution' controller will play any Nintendo game

-region free : peace:

Theres more but ill leave them out (such as DVD playback)

Again, the Wii is a perfectly GOOD console but its just not what i expected. So, on topic, how would i improve the Wii as it stands now?

-Slash VC prices to a more reasonable level

-Halt any internal production of GC sequel software. 'New generation' demands new IPs

*Nintendo is not a broke indie developer. It has huge software teams with deep pockets, why are we getting GC remixes??

-encourage (read:bribe) 3rd parties to bring AAA content, not PS2/PSP ports.

-take online multiplayer more seriously

If Nintendo would do those 4 things, my whole perception of the Wii would change

ZeldaFreak take note. He just had bad things to say about the Wii and did it in a way that was constructive and made me read it and take it on board.

I hope you will follow through with the statement you have just made.

Of course I will - I'm a man of my word - if your right I will take a large slice of humble pie and probably choke on it. :o

Just please stop making statements that have no evidence of being genuine and stating them as fact.

I'll start charging the phaser now as well. : peace:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!