N-Europe

Capcom says Wii is for kids!

Dante

Non gamers are the ones that don't buy those so-called mature games. The 'maturising' of the game industry with the PS1 has caused the degrading of sales in the first place, as the 'mature' games were too hardcore, so people didn't continue gaming after the (S)NES. The reason why the NES was so incredibly successful is because even the 'mature' games seemed innocent out of simplicity, and many adults liked it that way. Same goes for the PS2. Which games sold the most? Exactly, SingStar, Guitar Hero, Eyetoy and that stupid quiz game, not GTA. Those games were aimed at a mature/late teen audience and made the PS2 last a lot longer, yet they weren't filled with blood spatters but aimed to bring in as much non-gamers as possible.

The ranking doesn't boost your sales, I don't know where you got that idea.

It's easy generalising those kids by the way. You seem to know exactly how the gaming industry works, don't you?

GTA was top of the charts for alot longer than the singstar games. No they were designed to get women playing games.

And yes it does if you have a game that looks like a 12+ game and manage to push it up to a 16+ alot more people get interested in it.

Can't wait till I'm making my first retail game.

But the question is do you want a system actually aimed at delievering SingStar, Guitar Hero, Eyetoy style games as opposed to GTA's, Final Fantasy's and Metal Gear Solids?

I hope the Wii doesn't stay in the minigame rut with third party developers. Maybe once Metriod is released and Zelda sales come in it might change.

Oh I would like a true final fantasy game. No nintendo home console will get one. Metroid prime 3, may make it change peoples minds. But lets face it, Nintendo doesn't realise non gamers don't want to play games. And should just stop with it.

I hated with a vengence wii sports. Not because it had a crap sensitivity issues with it. But the fact Nintendo was classing a demo as a full game.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And yes it does if you have a game that looks like a 12+ game and manage to push it up to a 16+ alot more people get interested in it.
Do you think that because you think so the world thinks so, or do you have any proper arguments to back that up?

I still havent forgiven Capcom for not giving the western world Monster Hunter 2, GITS!

The sales of the DS beg to differ.

Exactly... and just like the DS.. the Wii sales will realy sky rocket when games like Animal crossing, brain training and any of the other non-games show up. Well thats what should happen in theory.

Oh and thats if Nintendo can make them fast enough that is!

Oh I would like a true final fantasy game. No nintendo home console will get one.

Well, if you ignore the fact that "true final fantasy games" started on a Nintendo home console....

But lets face it, Nintendo doesn't realise non gamers don't want to play games. And should just stop with it.

Nintendo have convinced a lot of non-gamers to start playing games...

Well, if you ignore the fact that "true final fantasy games" started on a Nintendo home console....

Nintendo have convinced a lot of non-gamers to start playing games...

I know that what I should of said maybe was never again will nintendo get one.

They haven't convinced them to play games - just use it as a brain training clock hardly anything there.

I know that what I should of said maybe was never again will nintendo get one.

They haven't convinced them to play games - just use it as a brain training clock hardly anything there.

game (geim) n. any playful activity for amusement or diversion.

You should realise that your vision on what makes stuff good or not is not the vision of the entire world. Square Enix is already making the next iteration of the Dragon Quest series for the DS exclusively and is yet again giving us a Crystal Chronicles game. Why wouldn't they give us Final Fantasy then?

In fact, I can see SE porting FF XII to Wii just for the extra cash.

besides mario party 8.name another upcoming game that is a mini game collection

We all know the Hitman game will involve 47 doing countless minigames in a colourful environment, and happy music; with no killing whatsoever.

besides mario party 8.name another upcoming game that is a mini game collection

Tamegotchi Party On!

We all know the Hitman game will involve 47 doing countless minigames in a colourful environment, and happy music; with no killing whatsoever.

But there isn't going to be a hitman game on the wii.

Well this really all started with the snes.No blood in mortal kombat!?? WTF!

That says a lot, I remember it well. It made the SNES version look silly. And if anyone remembers, by MK2 Nintendo had reversed their decision due to the massive negative feedback. But it hurt Nintendo's reputation.

I agree here, Nintendo sets the stage for the type of software that is found on its consoles. 3rd parties are simply following suit here. Wii Sports , Wii Play, Wario Ware....what do these games have in common?

short length

simple graphics

family oriented themes

cheap, quick development cycles

blockbuster sales

3rd parties would be crazy to put forth anymore effort or cost in their games than Nintendo itself does.

I agree too. Come on, look at the games we are getting: Eledees, Dewey's Adventure from Konami. What are other studios going to think. Look at the lineup on the Wii, it's nowhere near as adult as the 360 lineup. Capcom are just saying what a lot of studios think.

Don;t go mad at them for having the guts to come out and say it.

I agree too. Come on, look at the games we are getting: Eledees, Dewey's Adventure from Konami. What are other studios going to think. Look at the lineup on the Wii, it's nowhere near as adult as the 360 lineup. Capcom are just saying what a lot of studios think.

Don;t go mad at them for having the guts to come out and say it.

The only reason why we 'go mad' (that is, we try to bring in counter arguments) is that you make it seem as though these adult games make the console sell. Truth is they don't, as proven by DS and the PS2's success far in its lifetime.

Also, it's quite easy to pick on the Wii's lineup by now as the best games are yet to come. Surely most games are minigames, but the DS had that too in launch time. Now, the DS has loads and loads of good games coming its way.

We are also getting Resident Evil and Brothers in Arms, for example, what are developers going to think then?

The only reason why we 'go mad' (that is, we try to bring in counter arguments) is that you make it seem as though these adult games make the console sell. Truth is they don't, as proven by DS and the PS2's success far in its lifetime.

Also, it's quite easy to pick on the Wii's lineup by now as the best games are yet to come. Surely most games are minigames, but the DS had that too in launch time. Now, the DS has loads and loads of good games coming its way.

We are also getting Resident Evil and Brothers in Arms, for example, what are developers going to think then?

Well, it's one of those things. I saw this before with the 'Cube, people said well it isn't a kiddy console, it's got Resident Evil, Hitman, Eternal Darkness... but it doesn't matter. You can list a load of stuff like that but it makes no difference. 360 gets a game like Lost Planet, and the Wii gets a game like Eledees.

That's how many people see it unfortunately.