Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

Anakenobi

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found the game fun and all, played it at a friend's, but couldnt quite figure out why the guitar cost so much. Similar to the Bongo drums really.

Both series that use the periphals though are entertaining for a period, and good replay too.

No one knows?

Well, the US got theirs all sorted (having to send your disk off). Australia are in the process of doing it all now so I presume we will be next. There was a 3 month wait between the US and Oz so I really don't know when we will be getting ours. Maybe a nasty e-mail to Activision will sort it?

So after failing to beat Lou on Hard for the nth time, I've started Expert. Got pretty far, beat Tom Morrello. Not as hard as I anticipated, but some of those awkward chords are starting to catch me out.

Fame at last! Mokong should be in there too!

Zooty - who him he? :confused:

If you use the search feature on the hall of fame page i come up..... don't know what rank i'm at though, tried to look through but too many names and got bored lookin:indeed:

ack, i've just been play Slipknot over and over on Expert for the last hour and just can't get further than 77% complete, that bloody section where it goes "green/yellow" - "red/blue" - "green/yellow" - "red/blue" - "yellow/orange" - "red/blue" and repeat i just lose it, i don't know what it is but i just can move my fingers fast enough to keep up, like with so many chords coming to fast my brain can't register them fast enough and it's bloody pissing me off.....i even tried in practice on the slowest speed and even on that my brain gets confused....GGGRRRRRRR :mad:

If you use the search feature on the hall of fame page i come up..... don't know what rank i'm at though, tried to look through but too many names and got bored lookin:indeed:

Oh, so you do. I thought your GH name was "MokongX3M" like your YT account. :woops:

That would be me.

Hello Zooty. *waves* I don't believe we met.

ack, i've just been play Slipknot over and over on Expert for the last hour and just can't get further than 77% complete, that bloody section where it goes "green/yellow" - "red/blue" - "green/yellow" - "red/blue" - "yellow/orange" - "red/blue" and repeat i just lose it, i don't know what it is but i just can move my fingers fast enough to keep up, like with so many chords coming to fast my brain can't register them fast enough and it's bloody pissing me off.....i even tried in practice on the slowest speed and even on that my brain gets confused....GGGRRRRRRR :mad:

Haha that took me ages too! You'll get it eventually. A tip for you (which I believe Villan gave me) is to use Star Power only once you're in the red on those sections. Don't activate it going in to the part as it'll run out early.

Haha that took me ages too! You'll get it eventually. A tip for you (which I believe Villan gave me) is to use Star Power only once you're in the red on those sections. Don't activate it going in to the part as it'll run out early.

I do that, i think i've failed to explain how much i suck on that section, the most notes in a row on that section i think i ever got was 3, and when i missed i end up totally missing about 5 or 6 notes before i work out where i am again, eventually the numbers just don't add up :(

Ah well, gettin No More Heroes tomorrow, so something new for me to play

The way I did (and still do) that part is by keeping the two fingers, the index and ring finger stiff, and moving them along the fretboard, instead of trying to use different fingers for the different chords.

Sliding on the fretboard is my suggestion for this part. : peace:

The way I did (and still do) that part is by keeping the two fingers, the index and ring finger stiff, and moving them along the fretboard, instead of trying to use different fingers for the different chords.

Sliding on the fretboard is my suggestion for this part. : peace:

do that too...like i said i think my brain gets confused when it sees so many "note,space,note" chords moving so fast, if they were "note,note" or even "note,space,note,note" i reckon i'd breeze through it but with "note,space,note" i think my brain needs a split second more to recognise it as a chord and not two single notes, put a lot of them together and i just lose it....ah well, i'll try again next week after i've played No More Heroes to death:indeed:

I'm home for a week or two, so it gives me time to sit down and concentrate on finishing this game on hard. Then, there's expert to conquer.

As far as replay value goes, this game has it! Co-op is so much fun. My housemate and I played through it on easy, with me on the Wiimote. I can't imagine how awesome it would be with 2 guitars! :D

I've always found that bit easy, to be honest. Purely because it's a common technique in normal guitar-playing to go up and down the frets like that playing the same sort of chords.

i was at my cousins house for the weekend and he has this on the PS3, and the guitar felt different to the Wii guitar, buttons were way different, (feel wise, was weird) i could still finish most songs on expert than i can do on my game, although scores were a fair bit less than what i usually get.

couldn't even get past the intro on TTFATF on hard in his, which was reallt annoying cuz i wanted to show off and finish it (he's still on medium)

When i got home, first thing i did was put in GH3 and play TTFATF and got past the intro first try with no major problems...although messed up at 83% :heh:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!