N-Europe

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

Anakenobi

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EGM rumour

I would love a 60's or 70's expansion pack.

I hope they bring out a 90's britpop version that would be awesome! Oasis, Supergrass, Pulp, Elastica, Shed Seven etc.

Some good games tonight Rhyss.

I think playing on hard has eventually started to click - after playing some games with Welsh Gamer Rhyss online. I tried hard mode again I'd only done 3 songs on it. I finished the first set of songs and then wnet straight through the 2nd set first time! Then I beat Tom Morello on my 2nd go!

Yay! making some progress on hard at last! : peace:

ACK, another whole hour (maybe more) spent trying to beat Lou on hard, again i hurt my hand but no win to show for it :mad:

Can get as far as the 3rd power up and a little past that, BUT I can never get all 3 of the first power ups, some reason only two and Lou won't die when you hit him with just two i need 3 damnit.

Also got 94% of the way through FCPREMIX on hard... almost there

Oh and as for the rumors of more games.... why more games? shouldn't downloadable content negate the need for sequels for a game like this?

I think the selection of music they have already is pretty awesome. Really chuffed to see The Smashing Pumpkins, The Stone Roses and bands like Rage Against The Machine all in here. All very different bands. :)

I've just picked up my acoustic today for the first time in ages, and I've noticed that my pinky finger is a lot more stronger than it used to be. The Power of Geetar Hiro!

I can play a real guitar, don't see the point in learning to play a fake one. :\

Bet you cant play Through The Fire And Flames on a real guitar though :P

What would make this game truely amazing is if you could download other people custom songs . Been watching loads on youtube recently and makes me wish you could.

YAY, beat Same Old Song And Dance on Expert...now of course stuck on the Slash Battle.... it's giving me the option to skip him after like 7 fails but I refuse to skip, I will beat him....maybe.

Beat a few of the bonus tracks on Expert too for the 1st time.

Still can't beat Lou on Hard also :mad:

Oh and I found a plug-in for my Windows Movie Maker that will let me do a picture in picture so i was think of doing a vid for my Youtube Channel playin GH3... problem I ended up facing now is: to record the footage off my Wii what I do is hook it to my DVD Recorder, record to a DVD, then rip said footage to my laptop.

Now oddly running this game through my DVD recorder causes a bit of Lag (i thought this only happened to HDTVs...mine is a standard def), i tried using the Lag Calibration but it doesn't seem to work and I know I haven't gotten suddenly worse cause if i switch he connection back to the TVs I play fine as normal. Also I tried using the Lag Calibration a number of times and everytime it comes up with a different figure, ranging from as low as 8ms to like 66ms..WTF?

EDIT:

WOHOO, I finished FCPREMIX on hard, with my awesome (read, laughable) stats of 56814 points, 73% notes hit, got Star Power Once and and a "long" note streak of 12 :heh:

Least it's finished...now just In Flames, Dragonforce and of course Lou to beat on hard

I can play a real guitar, don't see the point in learning to play a fake one. :\

If anyone thinks they can learn to play guitar by playing GH, they're morons imo:p GH is a game, it just gives you the feeling that you're actually playing a guitar :)

Oh btw guys, if you like GH, you should really check this game out. It's soooo addictive... I... can't... stop... playing :blank:

If anyone thinks they can learn to play guitar by playing GH, they're morons imo:p GH is a game, it just gives you the feeling that you're actually playing a guitar :)

Oh btw guys, if you like GH, you should really check this game out. It's soooo addictive... I... can't... stop... playing :blank:

Hahaha smack hero. Is it actually possible to win at that?

I almost got him..... I almost got teh dragon....just a little more.....aaaaahhhhhhh

EDIT: Wohoo, beat Slash on expert earlier, was epic, got the 1st, 2nd and 4th items, waited a little bit then started hitting him with them one by one, missing the 5th item in the process, by the time my 3rd items effect ended (amp overload) he was half way in the red, next I saw a 6th item coming, in my head i was screaming "DON'T MISS IT", and even better it was a Whammy I got it, swung my guitar like I was trying to hit someone and beat him...awesome...stuck on Welcome to the Jungle now, hahaha.

Also beat In Flames on Hard mode, so only Lou and Dragonforce left, and I refuse to do Dragonforce until i have beaten Lou first

Anybody fancy an unofficial 2nd guitar?

From Joystiq

Third-party peripheral manufacturer Nyko is currently at CES showing off its new wares for early 2008. Though we've seen some of the stuff like the Wireless Wii Nunchuk before, we've now got details and pricing. A Nyko representative informed us that every item but the guitars should be out in the first quarter of '08 (before April) -- the guitars should be available in March or April.

Wireless Nunchuk: Two AAA batteries (included) supposedly give 30 hours of gameplay; suggested price of $30.

Xbox 360 Charge Base: Reminiscent of the Sixaxis charger redesign, suggested price is also $30.

Frontman wireless guitars (Wii and PS3): Frontman for Wii is fully compatible with Guitar Hero III and the PS3 version is compatible with Guitar Hero III and Rock Band. PS3 and Wii guitars will be $60 and $50

wii-front-man.jpg

:shakehead:eek::shakehead:eek::shakehead:eek::shakehead:eek::shakehead:eek::shakehead:eek::shakehead:eek::shakehead:eek::shakehead:eek::shakehead:eek::shakehead:eek::shakehead:eek::shakehead:eek::shakehead:eek::shakehead:eek::shakehead:eek::shakehead:eek::shakehead:eek:

That guitar is the fugliest thing i ever seen.

Like the sound of a wireless nunchuck though, be good if it works... course if it does work well the question should be, why is there no 1st party one? Though I guess companies liek Nyko need something to do, for some reason I don't they can make 3rd party Wiimotes afterall