NEurope
ZeldaFreak

Manhunt 2

What the hell? I was starting to consider getting this ahead of Resident Evil 4 (seeing as I already have it on GC and Manhunt 2 got a great score in N-Gamer)

However, seeing as it will be releases in other parts of Europe, I assume that the game already has an English option for voiceovers and menu navigation etc. already? If that is the case, I would be happy enough to get a copy off the internet from somewhere else.

Stupid BBFC.

It's odd that RE4 is seen as just "15" by them, where in Germany/Japan the game has to be censored.

This gets banned but they let me run arround and chop people in half with a chainsaw in Gears of War...

This gets banned but they let me run arround and chop people in half with a chainsaw in Gears of War...

There's probably a dozen more games like that, as well.

There's no consistency. :heh:

There's probably a dozen more games like that, as well.

There's no consistency. :heh:

Yeah, they're an absolute fucking bunch of ****s.

I personally find it sickening and patronising that a bunch of tossers in an office somewhere can decide what I can and cannot play. What makes them better than me and gives them the right to view something then decide whether others can also view it? Arses.

Well here's the statement I've bolded some bits that I think are important and can be seen as reasons why they have done it. Not that I agree, I'm sure the likes of Hitman offer no moral qualities to them either yet thats not banned...As has been said proves there is no consistency and that they system just isn't effective.

"Rejecting a work is a very serious action and one which we do not take lightly. Where possible we try to consider cuts or, in the case of games, modifications which remove the material which contravenes the Board's published Guidelines. In the case of Manhunt 2 this has not been possible. Manhunt 2 is distinguishable from recent high-end video games by its unremitting bleakness and callousness of tone in an overall game context which constantly encourages visceral killing with exceptionally little alleviation or distancing. There is sustained and cumulative casual sadism in the way in which these killings are committed, and encouraged, in the game.

"Although the difference should not be exaggerated the fact of the game's unrelenting focus on stalking and brutal slaying and the sheer lack of alternative pleasures on offer to the gamer, together with the different overall narrative context, contribute towards differentiating this submission from the original Manhunt game. That work was classified '18' in 2003, before the BBFC's recent games research had been undertaken, but was already at the very top end of what the Board judged to be acceptable at that category.

"Against this background, the Board's carefully considered view is that to issue a certificate to Manhunt 2, on either platform, would involve a range of unjustifiable harm risks, to both adults and minors, within the terms of the Video Recordings Act, and accordingly that its availability, even if statutorily confined to adults, would be unacceptable to the public."

Stupid BBFC.

It's odd that RE4 is seen as just "15" by them, where in Germany/Japan the game has to be censored.

Your forgetting that according to the BBFC it's acceptable to kill zombies anyway you want but not to kill normal people, even if they are drug crazed gang members.

Take a look at the only other game they banned, Carmageddon, and how did they get that over turned? That's right they replaced the humans with zombies (it's perfectly acceptable to run them over). Although unlike Carma I doubt we're going to be able to download an easy patch to change them back again.

I wasn't going to bother with this game TBH, the whole stealth genre hasn't really appealed to me. But I might have to import this now, just to get one up on "The Man." I might play it smoking a spliff just to emphasize the point.

To be honest, that makes me want the game more, in a strange way. I was thinking previously "I'll get Resi over Manhunt, I missed it on GC" but now I'm in the rebellious teenage mindset of "If they say I can't have it, I want it".

May just import it from a Amazon.de, I managed to order Guitar Hero from there so I can probably bundle my way through to get Manhunt.

Typical! It was last night that I decided that I would actually pick this up on release date. I'm so pissed off. Was really looking forward to playing a Rockstar game on the Wii. Ah well, thank god for the Internet shopping...fingers crossed it won't get banned anywhere else.

'It's a very sick and twisted game'.

Theres one word in that sentence which makes it totally alright to release it!

God damn-it. I reckon it will get banned in more places then the UK. Lets be honest guys, we haven't really banned alot of games have we, so it must be pretty shocking....

Wonder if Resident Evil 4 will go down the same path (yes their Zombies, but they look human in this), or is it ok as it was released on the Gamecube? Strange, as a bloke with a chainsaw, with a potatoe sack on his head cutting someones head-off kinda is going a bit far as well right? Surely it's the ripping of the mans balls which shocked em!

Anyone know where I can pre-order this from mainland Europe?

Wonder if Resident Evil 4 will go down the same path (yes their Zombies, but they look human in this), or is it ok as it was released on the Gamecube? Strange, as a bloke with a chainsaw, with a potatoe sack on his head cutting someones head-off kinda is going a bit far as well right? Surely it's the ripping of the mans balls which shocked em!

Nah. Because the people in RE4 are infected, it's fine to kill them. It isn't even bad enough to get an 18 certificate.

If Rockstar changed the cutscenes, and explained that these people are infected by a Zombifying disease, then it will probably be allowed

I'm glad it's banned.

Not really. But I have always thought the Manhunt series was stupid...

Does this include ireland do we know?

Please god no.

I'd say northern ireland=yes

republic ireland= no

assume republic have their own ratings board seem as they aren't part of UK...

Okay I've just been reading a review of this it doesn't sound too bad. Shame it's banned. Now at least we have an excuse to mod our Wiis and download it?

Whoa! :eek:

This doesn’t bode well for the game in other territories, just imagine the fuel it’ll give Jack Thompson for a start.

I'd say northern ireland=yes

republic ireland= no

assume republic have their own ratings board seem as they aren't part of UK...

ya you are right but we are usually more strict:(

Oh well..im getting it anyway:)

I'm just curious.

If the game is rated by PEGI, will the PEGI version be legal in the UK as PEGI are a valid UK rating company? (Just like the non-censored version of RE4 in Germany)

SRLSY. The bbfc are only an advisory board. It could still be able to perchase in the uk as long as your local council allows it. I am pretty sure thats the case (thats the way it is with movies anyway.) So pettition to your local council ftw.

Wow, this is... fucking crazy.

I've never heard of a game being banned in 10 years, since the original Carmageddon on PC.

I don't get this, the original was allowed to be released, why not this?