N-Europe

Manhunt 2

ZeldaFreak

And AO won't happen, as Nintendo doesn't allow that rating on its systems (as does Sony).

That's NoA's business. NoE have nothing againg PEGI 18+ games, and can't really refuse giving the game a license for countries that have given it the 18+ rating.

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's NoA's business. NoE have nothing againg PEGI 18+ games, and can't really refuse giving the game a license for countries that have given it the 18+ rating.

Just missed my edited post there ;)

You're right, though. But how high would you say the chances are for Rockstar to release the premier build of the game?

Well, if you think about it, there's nothing to stop them releasing the original build of the game for consoles in Europe either. It's just a matter if they want to or not. Because it would sell.

And if Rockstar really wanted to slap the BBFC in the face, they could legally set up an online store which is "based" in another country then sell the game to the UK.

It is almost like they are trying to save the world by banning a game. Youre not gonna save the world just because one game gets banned. Crazy people are still going to be crazy tomorrow, whether they played Manhunt 2 or Mario Party 7.

They'll be worse off if they played Mario Party 7.

Great, yet another game off my to get list for the Wii. It's been unplugged for the last 5 months. I'm starting to wonder whether it's worth keeping my Wii, considering Brawl is just about the only game I remotely care about. :confused:

I think they are going to release it in Mainland Europe. Well, bar from possibly Germany, where even Stranglehold is banned. Anyway, I doubt they are going to alter the game even further, as it was given the green light in the US, and I doubt much countries in Mainland Europe are going to make a point of it.

Let's hope so, so you UK-ers can import it. Don't worry about the language. I can count the games that don't have atleast an English option on one hand. There migh' be 'native-only'-versions,but importers are going to be more than happy to give you what you're craving for.

Then again, I couldn't be bothered if this comes out or not. I have serious doubts about this one. Strip away the violence and gore, and what do you have? If violence is additional to a good game, I don't mind. If a game depends solely on its depiction of violence, I grow suspicious.

Then again, I might be wrong, as I usually am. :heh:

If you strip away the violence and gore, you'd still have an unsettingly dark horror-driven story ;)

Oh btw Goron, if I'm not mistaken, the Dutch aren't getting the uncensored version unless Rockstar decides to release it. Their government simply stated it wouldn't ban it should they release it.

We can all import from the netherlands, it's fine :) (and that's the uncut version too!).

If you strip away the violence and gore, you'd still have an unsettingly dark horror-driven story ;)

Oh btw Goron, if I'm not mistaken, the Dutch aren't getting the uncensored version unless Rockstar decides to release it. Their government simply stated it wouldn't ban it should they release it.

Man I hope they release the uncut version there... not that I'm a sick puppy by any means, I just want to play the game without some random blurred screen not really relating to what action I've just performed! Haha!

Now; I'm perfectly fine with the Government implimenting restrictions on certain things if it's to keep us safe and such.

But the BBFC (Some "Regulator") say we can't play a videogame, which, has NOTHING to do with crime or keeping us safe.

Surely it's some breach of some sort of rights!?...

Human Rights: Something to help criminals not be punished.

If the Netherlands would get the uncensored-version, I'll eat my hat. It's too much of a hassle to release an uncensored version for just one country. Just because they theoretically can, doesn't mean they will.

If you strip away the violence and gore, you'd still have an unsettingly dark horror-driven story

Let's hope it to be true! Maybe it's just the original Manhunt blurring my memories.

If the Netherlands would get the uncensored-version, I'll eat my hat. It's too much of a hassle to release an uncensored version for just one country. Just because they theoretically can, doesn't mean they will.

I'm pretty sure Norway, France and Italy also allowed Manhunt 2 (the uncut one). As the rest of Europe doesn't seem to like the M-rated version there's no reason not to give the AO version to the European countries that have allowed it.

who cares it's the age of the interent! One way or another people WILL get to play the game in the UK no matter what the out dated BBFC say. They can't exactly stop everyone importing the game can they??

Too right, in a Europe without borders and the a world were information flows so freely over highspeed connections the BBFC is out of it's depth, and almst an archaic thing of the past, and one which I resent very much.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!