NEurope
Dante

Dewy's Adventure

I tell you why, this casual gaming crap in japan has reached levels of mass retardation.

I tell you why, this casual gaming crap in japan has reached levels of mass retardation.

Well said Shino, well said.

Looks like this awesome looking game has finally got a date for us Euro peeps.

We're getting it this year??????

Looks like this awesome looking game has finally got a date for us Euro peeps.

Source:GoNintendo.

Hell yes! I only got interested in this after the NGamer preview, but I really can't afford all these Wii games that are coming out towards the end of the year.

It sold 1334 copies in 3 days according to the Japanese sales chart thingy people.

If only it had sold 3 more copies...

but I really can't afford all these Wii games that are coming out towards the end of the year.

Same problem faced by me , there is so much good stuff on the way that there is just no way on Earth that I am going to find the time or money for it all.

I was quite intrigued when I first heard about this , and it really is shaping up to be another likely purchase.

We're getting it this year??????

Now i'm wondering why Eledees took so long....

This looks pretty good! It really depends on my money situation though, November is packed with games.

I love adventure type games though...and this looks fun! It's a maybe at the mo.

Tbh this game needs all the sales it can get after its performance in Japan (which after looking at footage of it I don't think it deserved at all).

Get it people!

I'll definately be getting it! It looks like it has the kind of quirkiness, charm and polish that we've not seen in games since the snes era (except Nintendo's own of course). Reminds me a bit of the 'Pop'n Twinbee' series.

I want to get this, but I want other games even more... I'm sorry for this game but with the Nintendo killer-apps I think a lot of people will feel the same...

For what it's worth, I hereby give my full non-financial support to Konami, for what it's worth :heh:

I want to get this, but I want other games even more... I'm sorry for this game but with the Nintendo killer-apps I think a lot of people will feel the same...

For what it's worth, I hereby give my full non-financial support to Konami, for what it's worth :heh:

yeah i agree with that last line perfectly :heh:

Way too many games i want more than this...sorry!

*is in the same boat*

*is in the same boat*
Me too, totally. Dewy could profit from a delay into 2008 me thinks.

My god! This game looks awesome! The graphics are fantastic, the gameplay looks great and the style of the whole game is amazing.

I need it!

I still really can't get excited about this. There are way to many other games coming out this year. If I can find it going really cheap, I'll get it, though.

First time i've properly looked at this game tonight. It looks really fun!!! :D

but i'm on a tight budget and unfortunately i don't think i have enough money to splash out on this game.

Fucking hell I just checked out the footage of this and wow, it looks fantastic! Great graphics and gameplay looks sweet.

Too far down my 'must-buy' list though :( I really hope it sells well though!

Looks good, not as good as Eledees but props to Konami for actually trying.

I'd much prefer Eledees and Dewey's than Metal gear Solid 4!

Interview:

Revogamers: Dewy's Adventure takes the tilting control method from ball games like Monkey Ball or Koroninpa and uses it on a platform/adventure game in a unique way. How did you get to this concept?

Shingo Mukaitoge: Initially I had the same ideas like tilting the ground but if that's all it's the same as other games... so the thing is that it has more features like changing the temperature, getting the earthquake happen, getting the wind happen and to solve puzzles with those things, so then creating a new game.

RG: We played Dewy's at last E3, and we were fascinated by the great balance between speed and control, but it wasn't so easy to do the right attack. Are we gonna die many times in your game?

SM: I think it's a bit difficult game. If you try again and again, then you will be really good at controlling it and you will find it very enjoyable. So trying again and again is the point.

RG: Which has been the most difficult point in the developing process of Dewy's Adventure? And which part of Dewy's Adventure are you proudest of?

SM: The difficult point was "how to use the Wii Remote". First I was thinking to hold not horizontally but vertically... thinking of stuff like this (jumping by lifting the Wiimote) but it was really more difficult than we have now. And then it was... yeah! You can hold it this way (horizontal) and this way I really had an idea that I could play better. And I'm really proud that I found that I can hold this way!. At the same time what I think I'm proud of is that -same as Elebits- I can work with WiiConnect24 and have online features, and I also can edit stages and send them to friends and... do you know the Wii Message Board? Well, Dewy's Adventure hints will be sent to the Message Board and you can check them.

RG: Speaking about Elebits, its concept was also an original concept with innovative controls, have you considered using it again?

SM: (Laughs) Shhhhhhht, no comment.

RG: Dewy's Adventure is one of the best looking games for Wii, but it seems it's not selling well at all in Japan...

SM: How do you know? (Laughs)

RG: ...Are you disappointed with Wii consumer?

SM: The release date was the same as Mario Party was, Mario Party 8. And Mario Party is really really selling well.

RG: But this isn't more of the same. Not the 8th part of a series.

SM: Japanese might like the series, they think it's safe.

RG: So then, do you expect a better performing in Europe and America than in Japan, as it was with Elebits?

SM: (Laughs) I want Japan first, absolutely. First Japan, but I really want to sell it in Europe and USA.

RG: We hope so. This, Z&W, Mario Galaxy seem to be what we call a Wii-feeling game, which is something that combines clever use of the Wiimote and ground up design and gameplay. Are we seeing more games like this from your studio?

SM: Yes, definitely. (laughs and jokes)

RG: Not many developers are using advanced graphical techniques on Wii such as normal mapping, but you do. How hard is developing a good visual game for Wii? Is it that difficult?

SM: No, it's really easy. But I think that Wii can do similar level that PS3 or XBOX360 do.

RG: And the last question is a poll for our readers: What's your favorite Wii game or project?

SM: (Laughs) Oh, has it to be Wii? Not Wii, but the game I really looking for is the DS Zelda. I think is perfect

RG: Ok, thank you very much (and Dewy!)

SM: Thank you very much

Source: http://www.revogamers.net/articulos-186-Shingo-Mukaitoge-responde-sobre-Dewy-y-Elebits-4.html

Sweet... Dumbass-itis.

Seeing as I have "a thing dangling between my legs," I can buy this game without sacrificing my manlihood.

This is right up there in my "to buy" list, alongside, Manhunt 2, MP3, SMG, SSBB, RRR2, GH3 and PESWii.

What fool said the Wii has no games coming?