NEurope
Dante

Dewy's Adventure

Can't believe the "kiddy" comment in the trailer. I don't like the style of the look. It's super cutesy. I don't want to feel like I'm watching children's tv when I play a game.

Can't believe the "kiddy" comment in the trailer. I don't like the style of the look. It's super cutesy. I don't want to feel like I'm watching children's tv when I play a game.

Ha! I bet you don't like the Teletubbies either!

I'm going to give this a miss still and maybe pick it up later when it's much cheaper.

So many other games out, that it doesn't warrent an immediate purchase.

That review hasn't deterred me too much and I would rather trust the 8.8 it received in n-revolution mag.

Bad timing for the release though with so many other games due at the same time.

I don't get what the big effin deal is with its presentation... If cutesiness isn't your thing, don't play the game and let it be reviewed by someone whose a bit more... metrosexual.

I can never seem to get those Gametrailers videos to work lately , I assume from Noku's post that this is another review thats main problem with the game is the cutesy presentation.

I can never seem to get those Gametrailers videos to work lately , I assume from Noku's post that this is another review thats main problem with the game is the cutesy presentation.
Well I think the review picks up on a very key point.

The game seems to have a conflict of interests!

It has a very cute style which won't appeal a great many older gamers,

and yet the game is probably to difficult for the younger audience that would actually buy into such a style!

Such an issue will just ultimately lead to bad sales!

Cheers Retro , have heard similar elsewhere. It's a shame that quite a few people will probably miss out because I still think this could become an under-rated gem.

The game seems to have a conflict of interests!

It has a very cute style which won't appeal a great many older gamers,

and yet the game is probably to difficult for the younger audience that would actually buy into such a style!

Such an issue will just ultimately lead to bad sales!

What happened to the days when many a great game had cutesy design and yet was rock hard at the same time? To me this is a classic combo. I find the whole 'serious' and 'mature' aesthetic in games quite superficial for the most part. Admittedly this game is quite far gone, but not too much further down the line than say Monkey Ball, Animal Crossing or Pikmin.

What happened to the days when many a great game had cutesy design and yet was rock hard at the same time? To me this is a classic combo. I find the whole 'serious' and 'mature' aesthetic in games quite superficial for the most part. Admittedly this game is quite far gone, but not too much further down the line than say Monkey Ball, Animal Crossing or Pikmin.

Hear hear!

Not to mention that I've always found as I got older that kids that play games were better than me.

I think from what I've read/watched the main critisim is that the tilt mechanic doesnt work too well for making precise jumps. I think Monkey Ball coped quite well with this due to it's always behind camera. This is a problem I had with Mercury Meltdown too, on sections where you had to fall from one place to the other it could be difficult to judge the correct angle.

Saying that, I still loved Mercury Meltdown, so I can't see this getting on my nerves too much.

I checked out that review and I usually find that GT give games a fair go. I see we're moaning about them marking it down for "presentation" but has no one noticed they gave it a low mark for gameplay too?

The tilt sensitivity seems to be an issue in most places as well, but no review that I've read seems to mention that you can fully adjust it to your liking (or so I've read).

I was just wondering if anyone has managed to pick this up or is it getting ignored at retail as it has in all regions , the lack of postings would indicate the latter.

My copy arrived this morning and I must say that I am reasonable impressed. Yes it is overbearingly cute , but the controls seem pretty solid (although there are depth issues) and there seems to be a fair bit to do like Eledees.

I haven't really explored the level editor as yet but I do seem to want to go back to replaying earlier levels for better grades so there may be some long-term appeal.

I was just wondering if anyone has managed to pick this up or is it getting ignored at retail as it has in all regions , the lack of postings would indicate the latter.

I plan on getting it at some point as I love quirky games, especially with this art style but at the moment I still have Mario Galaxy, Mario and Sonic, Rayman Rabbids 2, Guitar Hero 3 and Resident Evil UC to play. Also im thinking of getting Tomb Raider and Pokemon in Dec, so in closing, I want the game but havent the time to play it :(

So I managed to complete this in the early hours , it wasn't as tough as some people made out (although the final boss was a bit of a problem) , took around 12 hours.

I managed to cute over the cuteness , until the final song over the credits , that was a horror to the ears.

I plan on going back to 'S' grade all the levels and that will definately take a while especially as I am still trying to find some missing 'eaus' and the time limits for those grades seems like it may be harsh. There is also the challenge mode and level editor (which is more limited than Eledees) to take care off.

Anyway , I am/have enjoyed this game more than I ever expected and there is a fair bit of replay value so there are no regrets on the purchase.

In Rank, i only trust in Gamespot...

6.0? This game is that bad?

In Rank, i only trust in Gamespot...

6.0? This game is that bad?

IMO , definately better than a 6.0 but it is one of those games that is an acquired taste.

They marked it down for it's cuteness (which you can get over) , the controls (a slight learning curve and a few depth issues but didn't cause me too many problems , tilt sensitivity can also be adjusted) and the in-game advertising (which has been dropped in the PAL version).

I've not read the Gamespot review but I don't remember seeing anything in previews/ reviews I have read and watched on IGN and Gamespot that mentioned in game advertising? What sorta adverts are we talking?

Have you tried much with the level editor? I haven't played Eledees so could you describe it better for me. :heh:

Oh, ok.

Hum, this looks a good Plataform Game to me, with the temperature thing :D

What sorta adverts are we talking?

Have you tried much with the level editor? I haven't played Eledees so could you describe it better for me. :heh:

After you complete a level you are shown a 'tips n secrets' screen which also serves as a loading screen. For the US release Konami signed a deal with a bottled water company and these screens were emblazoned with pictures of that product. It wasn't game-breaking but certainly came across as a cheap cash-in attempt , luckily those are not present in the PAL or Jap versions.

I haven't explored the level editor much but you can use that to build custom levels for single and multi-person play with your own rules. You can also send those levels to anyone on your friends list who may have the game (could luck finding anyone :heh:).

It does seem limited and isn't something I see myself spending too much time on , even the one on Eledees was largely ignored by me.