NEurope
Dante

Dewy's Adventure

This looks really good the graphics are fantastic (though for some reason multiplayer looks like an N64 game)!

And yeah I agree, I hope it has many challenging puzzles.

Dewey sound like Yoshi which is cool!

I've been looking forward to this since it was first announced. Same concerns as everyone else though.

The graphics are nice, and it is very bright and colourful. Still looks like a kids game, sorry but this kind of thing will never appeal to me.

I weep for you.

This looks lush. And I actually think that the cartoony style of the game is great. It's like a return to the charm and character of earlier days! Having not played Elebits (..I mean 'dees *ahem*) I'm quite eager to sample what looks to be something of a Konami renaissance..

Ha thats so untrue its unfunny, just because we are all playing HD games. And all you have is your wii

The wii is a great machine, its fun and so are the games. Jusr because you dont like games with colourful graphics doesn't mean you should moan at everyone else that does.

Poeple have different tastes, get over it

Btw i think the game looks awesome

This looks cool and really pretty. Colourful games are awesome! =D

Also, Zeldafreak is probably the most annoying member on the forum right now. His arguments make no sense. If you don't like the look of the game, then go post in some other threads about more "realistic looking, non-kiddy" games.

This looks cool and really pretty. Colourful games are awesome! =D

Also, Zeldafreak is probably the most annoying member on the forum right now. His arguments make no sense. If you don't like the look of the game, then go post in some other threads about more "realistic looking, non-kiddy" games.

Listen to the most recent 1up podcast they say the graphics are ok for a gamecube game.

Hey I like colourful games like I love the look of Treasure Island Z, however there is a difference between kiddy as in graphics - if you look at what the wii can potentially do developers still constantly are producing wii games with the graphical power of a gamecube game.

But how old is that quote from me from. Like ages, and you say I'm annoying I'm just expressing my points of view.

Listen to the most recent 1up podcast they say the graphics are ok for a gamecube game.

Hey I like colourful games like I love the look of Treasure Island Z, however there is a difference between kiddy as in graphics - if you look at what the wii can potentially do developers still constantly are producing wii games with the graphical power of a gamecube game.

But how old is that quote from me from. Like ages, and you say I'm annoying I'm just expressing my points of view.

I don't listen to their podcast and I'm not planning to either.

I think the graphics in this game look very nice. I like the colourful look and the bright atmosphere the game has. The characters also look very smooth.

If you don't like the graphical look, then just stay away from this game and buy games that do appeal to you on the Xbox360 or PS3. No one is telling you to buy this game or even look at it.

I didn't quote you; I've just been reading through this thread and noticing that the only thing you have to say is that this is yet another kiddy game with bad graphics. And you're annoying because you just keep saying the same things over and over again and try to badmouth this game simply because you don't like the looks of it. Let other people enjoy the game and stop complaining about something you can't change anyway.

The overbearing cuteness may be a problem , but for some reason I am becoming really drawn to this too.

I don't listen to their podcast and I'm not planning to either.

I think the graphics in this game look very nice. I like the colourful look and the bright atmosphere the game has. The characters also look very smooth.

If you don't like the graphical look, then just stay away from this game and buy games that do appeal to you on the Xbox360 or PS3. No one is telling you to buy this game or even look at it.

I didn't quote you; I've just been reading through this thread and noticing that the only thing you have to say is that this is yet another kiddy game with bad graphics. And you're annoying because you just keep saying the same things over and over again and try to badmouth this game simply because you don't like the looks of it. Let other people enjoy the game and stop complaining about something you can't change anyway.

I have changed my mind with the whole kiddy statement seen as I'm playing pokemon again, so well how can I say this....

I'm sorry for the stupidness of myself for using the term "kiddy" to refer to games as well as other none sensible posts I have made.

Obvisouly this game is primarily aimed at children. The graphics even for a childrens game aren't that great, and I'm not talking about the style but the actual graphics of it are a gamecube game. Apparently it looks better when seen in screenshots like above than in playeable form.

honestly am i the only person who actually prefers these kind of graphics?

i mean i could spend hours looking at wind waker

I agree with you b!

There's a reason Windwaker was the first game I bought for the Wii I will be getting in the next few weeks :)

I love cel shaded type games like Treasure Island Z, Killer 7 and Wind Waker

But on the one upshow they said this had the graphics of an OK gamecube game. So I'll hold my judgement until it comes out. It may end up having problems with the game in general, if it does I'll o to Japan and kick some ass.

Konami got to understand as much as the gameplay and controls have to be perfect, the graphics have to be perfected, ie. trying to push the wii to its limits graphically using this graphics styling.

Because the 1up show has ultimate judgment over everything related to games. If you didn't want games of "a decent Gamecube game" then you wouldn't want a Wii, as in many cases, the graphics are worse than the Gamecube (in my opinion at least).

Well you see I maybe the only one who want developers to be pushing the wii to its max, not just to gamecube standards. After all the wii is supposedly 2-3 times the power than the gamecube.

I want to love this game - but it just seems they aren't treating every part of the game process as equal.

Well you see I maybe the only one who want developers to be pushing the wii to its max, not just to gamecube standards. After all the wii is supposedly 2-3 times the power than the gamecube.

I want to love this game - but it just seems they aren't treating every part of the game process as equal.

Of course people will want to see the system being pushed to the max, but that is not always what happens. But, what they're saying is, there's a difference between chosing a unique graphical style and not pushing a system. Some people like these sort of graphics, because of the style and simplicity of it all.

Of course people will want to see the system being pushed to the max, but that is not always what happens. But, what they're saying is, there's a difference between chosing a unique graphical style and not pushing a system. Some people like these sort of graphics, because of the style and simplicity of it all.

I know this but they can smooth out the graphical 'jaggies' on the character models and clean them up. You can still push the console to the max if developers want to and create fantastic stuff using this graphical style and the full power of the wii. Will konami do it, I doubt it though.

I know this but they can smooth out the graphical 'jaggies' on the character models and clean them up. You can still push the console to the max if developers want to and create fantastic stuff using this graphical style and the full power of the wii. Will konami do it, I doubt it though.

Yeah, I agree with you, there's always something more that can be done. Like you said, smoother edges and surfaces, etc.

But yeah, it's all down to the effort of the developer.

Well, ZeldaFreak it doesn't make much sense to judge that from those shots; since they're bullshots, 1200x674 is not a resolution Wii will output; I could put 4xAA in those pics and still not apply it to the game itself.

Also calling the game "ok for gamecube" is ridiculous; not a impossible style to do on GC, but above average for GC standards nonetheless. Those 1up guys should really get down their horses when they say that, or look on how other next gen games look at 480p.

All in all, this game doesn't need more than this, you could throw in double the polygons and it wouldn't look that much better, things and objects look round and detailed (for the style) after all. Realism will always amaze more in a sense on how it relates to reality, hence why RE4 looks so good; but this game's goal is not that; I don't know why we're trying to turn the table and demand that.

I love cel shaded type games like Treasure Island Z, Killer 7 and Wind Waker

But on the one upshow they said this had the graphics of an OK gamecube game. So I'll hold my judgement until it comes out. It may end up having problems with the game in general, if it does I'll o to Japan and kick some ass.

Konami got to understand as much as the gameplay and controls have to be perfect, the graphics have to be perfected, ie. trying to push the wii to its limits graphically using this graphics styling.

honestly though a console is never going to be pushed to it's limits until the end of it's lifetime. if a game the graphical quality of resident evil 4 or twilight princess came out within 6 months after the gamecube then i think the console wars may have turned out different. Same thing with any console.

Well, ZeldaFreak it doesn't make much sense to judge that from those shots; since they're bullshots, 1200x674 is not a resolution Wii will output; I could put 4xAA in those pics and still not apply it to the game itself.

Also calling the game "ok for gamecube" is ridiculous; not a impossible style to do on GC, but above average for GC standards nonetheless. Those 1up guys should really get down their horses when they say that, or look on how other next gen games look at 480p.

All in all, this game doesn't need more than this, you could throw in double the polygons and it wouldn't look that much better, things and objects look round and detailed (for the style) after all. Realism will always amaze more in a sense on how it relates to reality, hence why RE4 looks so good; but this game's goal is not that; I don't know why we're trying to turn the table and demand that.

They can still polish it and this is basically is the same style game as Billy Hatcher on the GC, they can polish it by improving all of the art and push it to the max. I'm not saying realism but just add detail to overall graphics.Your just defending sloppy standards for wii games, if one developer thinks they don't need to bother then they all don't bother.

this is basically is the same style game as Billy Hatcher on the GC, they can polish it by improving all of the art and push it to the max.
Oh yeah?

billybob_042803_gcn_02.jpg

dewysadventure200704190iy8.jpg

bskatcher_081103_x4.jpg

dewysadventure200704190ll5.jpg

Wow, dewy is a Billy Hatcher clone, and seriously they are really on the same graphic level! (not at all) GC graphics confirmed.

Seriously though, not only they're different kinds of games with different approaches but they're art styles and graphics have pretty much nothing to do with each other.